FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Crash when entering Albuquerque

Moderators: Ratman, Seto, Saruman

<<

Muttie

Liked

Post Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:13 pm

Crash when entering Albuquerque

I had another AQ crash. I entered the city with Frederyk's Caravan as part of the last quest (Frost was alive).
Instruction 0048b439 at memory 00000001.
I then rebooted the PC, played the ambush again, and it worked fine.

This crash is not really the memory leak (I think) it was originally posted under (viewtopic.php?f=12&t=930). This bug occurs when entering AQ for the first time. The game can crash, save & load may not work, or a crash may occur when entering another AQ map (especially Hunter's Territory).
And I thought I may give it its own topic.

In my experience this issue can be cleared up by rebooting the PC. And then try entering AQ again. So far, this always worked for me.
<<

Muttie

Liked

Post Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:36 pm

Re: Crash when entering Albuquerque

Had another one:
Entered AQ for the first time on foot, and upon entering Hunter's Territory, it crashed. Instruction 00489467 at memory 00000004. http://www.filedropper.com/slot45aqhtcrash

Muttie wrote:In my experience this issue can be cleared up by rebooting the PC. And then try entering AQ again. So far, this always worked for me.

And I have to correct myself:
As during this crash a reboot did not work.
What did work was; I started the mod, closed it, and then rebooted the PC. Went back into the mod, retried the last save, and then I was able to enter AQ & HT without problems.
(Actually, I did that (opened & closed the mod directly after the crash, then reboot) for the other crash, too, but omitted the “started mod, closed mod” as I thought it had no significance, but apparently it does (don't look at me, I'm just a monkey pushing buttons :)). However, the bottom line is that with a bit of tinkering, it was always possible to clean it up, so far.

Return to Fallout Resurrection - Game Discussion