Unarmed Mutant Hunter - Possible to continue?

What do you think about the game? Share your experiences. You can ask other players for advice about quests, or report bugs here as well. POSSIBLE SPOILERS!

Moderators: Ratman, Seto, Saruman, feťák8, valcik, NovaRain

bradm89
Neutral

Unarmed Mutant Hunter - Possible to continue?

Post by bradm89 »

So I'm just finishing my second playthrough and I'm having a lot of trouble getting past a certain part.

I'm a mutant hunter and don't intend on compromising that for this playthrough - unfortunately I specialize in unarmed, and don't think it's possible at all to take on all of these mutants with just me and my crew (even though we all have combat armor and the best weapons).

Is my only solution to grind away for ages to be able to get my sneak high enough to get to the basement?
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Re: Unarmed Mutant Hunter - Possible to continue?

Post by Daemon »

If you're talking about Camp of Mutants then yes, it's possible to sneak to the basement and sneak past the supermutants down there.

But I don't think it's unbeatable with unarmed combat. Try to go alone without party members and use some doors so supermutants can go at you only one at the time or shooting themselves when trying to hit you. Or fight only two supermutants in the basement and then run through the camp using various cover in order to escape.
bradm89
Neutral

Post by bradm89 »

Daemon wrote:If you're talking about Camp of Mutants then yes, it's possible to sneak to the basement and sneak past the supermutants down there.

But I don't think it's unbeatable with unarmed combat. Try to go alone without party members and use some doors so supermutants can go at you only one at the time or shooting themselves when trying to hit you. Or fight only two supermutants in the basement and then run through the camp using various cover in order to escape.
Great idea! I did this and was able to take them all out. My only problem now is that when I came back to pick up my team, only my dog was there.. any ideas where they could be?
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Post by Daemon »

bradm89 wrote:
Daemon wrote:If you're talking about Camp of Mutants then yes, it's possible to sneak to the basement and sneak past the supermutants down there.

Great idea! I did this and was able to take them all out. My only problem now is that when I came back to pick up my team, only my dog was there.. any ideas where they could be?
If you let them wait in place for too long, they return to their original place where you can recruit them again.
bradm89
Neutral

Post by bradm89 »

Daemon wrote:
bradm89 wrote:

If you let them wait in place for too long, they return to their original place where you can recruit them again.
Thank you Daemon :) Excellent contribution to the fallout series. You should be very proud.