Game crashing visiting unexplored site

What do you think about the game? Share your experiences. You can ask other players for advice about quests, or report bugs here as well. POSSIBLE SPOILERS!

Moderators: Ratman, Seto, Saruman, feťák8, valcik, NovaRain

UNeverNo
Neutral

Game crashing visiting unexplored site

Post by UNeverNo »

Reloaded many times, but I always crash when I try to enter the southeast-site.

Savegame here: https://ufile.io/bgrd8
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Re: Game crashing visiting unexplored site

Post by Daemon »

I assume you have censored German version of Fallout 2. German version of Fallout 2 is missing some death animations of some characters. It turned out that missing animations can cause crashing when entering a location with dead bodies in it. The solution is either to install English version of Fallout 2 or (as discovered by Muttie) to set the violence to none in the game's settings.
Muttie
Idolized

Post by Muttie »

Yes, and after establishing the location once (for a save), you can set the settings back to "Maximum Blood", and the location/bodies should still load (using the low violence versions), (i.e. you don't have to play the whole game on low violence settings).

If you have a censored version do the following (without spoilers):
-Whenever you start a new game set your violence to "Normal or lower" (Edit: before starting the new game, i.e. in the main menu). Then you can switch the settings back to whatever you like.
And
-If a crash occurs when entering a location, try to set your violence to "Minimal or lower". Try if it works. Then you can switch the settings back to whatever you like.

That should do it for the whole game.
UNeverNo
Neutral

Post by UNeverNo »

Thank you, this helped.