Tribal Triggers?

What do you think about the game? Share your experiences. You can ask other players for advice about quests, or report bugs here as well. POSSIBLE SPOILERS!

Moderators: Ratman, Seto, Saruman, feťák8, valcik, NovaRain

Dr_Nomz
Accepted

Tribal Triggers?

Post by Dr_Nomz »

So I went hunting with them, got the Gecko Skinning perk, got the +1 Luck from Rua (That was a great thing btw, thank you for that whole thing~) and helped that city guy hook up with the Tribal girl.

So, what happens after that to get me angered? Was it that last thing? Is Gurgan just a huge Douche when it comes to love? Or is it because I killed off Vex and his gang and became Idolized with Albuquerque? I know I can't please everyone, but I'd at least like to know why he's so pissy.
Muttie
Idolized

Re: Tribal Triggers?

Post by Muttie »

I'm not entirely sure I'm following you. However, if Gurgan gives off nothing but an angry red floater when talking to him, than you probably did the quest for Herman (detain the mutant hiding among the tribe).
Or you double-crossed the tribe and are now working for Falber (?).
Or you told him that you won't help him regarding the disappearing tribe members.
Although I can't remember how exactly Gurgan reacts in those two cases. And I can't really tell at which point you are. How many times have you been Gecko hunting?

Anyway, nothing of the things you've listed should make Gurgan angry. That (only?) happens when you join the Mutant-hunters (Herman). And regarding the romance, only Rua comments on the eloped girl. Gurgan is too wrapped up being the leader to notice (as those jobs go :)).
Dr_Nomz
Accepted

Post by Dr_Nomz »

Well shit, I think it's just a glitch, cuz I didn't do either of those things. And I only went once! I guess he just gets mad for no reason... or maybe because I talked to the doctors and killed them off first? Or maybe someone got hurt during Vex's battle? idk, it's weird and it kinda sucks.
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Post by Daemon »

If you make yourself enemy of the hospital and Gurgan yet doesn't know they're responsible for missing tribals (meaning you didn't finish all the gecko hunts), he says something like "Gurgan does not wish to see outsider ever again. The tribe has enough enemies without him. It does not need more." And after that he'll just respond "Outsider should leave!". I guess it's your case?
Muttie
Idolized

Post by Muttie »

That's it, Gurgan becomes angry/reluctant when attacking the hospital unsolicited before the 4th hunt/quest.

Although I think you must have forced combat on the hospital, as I couldn't find a way to end up in combat with them. Either there is no dialogue option that triggers hostility or, those that do, result in instant death (love the Falber character, btw). EDIT: My bad, I rushed this and overlooked that there is a rather obvious option to start combat with Falber (sorry).

I also played this through with Gurgan's quest open and there are no issues. I just wiped them all, with and without knowing that the hospital is behind it, and I can always report back to Gurgan with the prove (either Hunar or Holodisk) and get at least 1500 XP, 5 gecko skins and Tribe Friend.

Noteworthy, however, is that Gurgan becomes only angry when the player has been hunting once before turning the hospital hostile. When I turn the hospital hostile and ask Gurgan to go hunting he only says “I don't trust you enough.” Which I believe is the line he uses when already working for Falber, too.

Why couldn't something similar play when the player turns the hospital hostile after having been on a hunt? Something like „Thanks, but tribe grew strong. We don't need outsider help anymore. Go in peace, friend.”
This way it may link up with the “hidden” story development that, with the mercenaries gone, the tribe is less under siege and able to grow strong again? The only flaw is that Gurgan triggers the moment the hospital is hostile, but not necessarily taken out yet, and is technically still a threat to the tribe.

Anyway, the floater by Gurgan could be a different one in this scenario. Like a green floater saying “We don't need more help.” As the player didn't really do anything to upset the tribe. I mean this reaction is more angry than the one when the player never has been hunting (aka helping them).

Even more elaborated: let the gecko-hunts play out (until after the third) and only when approaching Gurgan for the fourth hunt does he say „Thanks, but tribe grew strong. We don't need outsider help (anymore). Go in peace, friend.”
Dr_Nomz
Accepted

Post by Dr_Nomz »

Ohhhhhh so you mean I have to go hunting a few times or he just gets pissed because the Player decided to be a hero? That kinda fucking sucks, but I guess that's Fallout.
Muttie
Idolized

Post by Muttie »

Well, to be more precise: you „should“ go hunting several times (4) to experience the whole story. :)