Feedback

What do you think about the game? Share your experiences. You can ask other players for advice about quests, or report bugs here as well. POSSIBLE SPOILERS!

Moderators: Ratman, Seto, Saruman, feťák8, valcik, NovaRain

Raduziel
Neutral

Feedback

Post by Raduziel »

Just finished my first playthrough and I wanted to share some little things with the developers and fellow players.

1) Thank you! This game is awesome. I had a sincere Fallout experience. The scenarios, the NPCs, the dialogues, the quests, everything. Fantastic.

2) The game is hard. Pretty much every battle was like playing chess with my Action Points. Had to reload a lot and rely a lot on critical hits by shots in the eyes. The Rebirth Base is especially hard and required a lot of time to be dealt with. And lots of stimpacks. LOTS OF.

3) Here I'll say about the few things that I didn't like:

3a) Insanely high requirement for skills in some part of the game, enforcing some XP grinding. Either that or blazing guns a lot, what is an issue due to point #2.

3b) Enemies respawns. I lost the count of how many Mutant Hunters I killed - more than five times the initial number of MH in Albuquerque, for sure. And the ghouls in PA respawning in Rebirth Base were kind of anticlimax too.

This mod is a piece of art and the developer team has a reason to be proud of it.
Muttie
Idolized

Re: Feedback

Post by Muttie »

Raduziel wrote:2) The game is hard. Pretty much every battle was like playing chess with my Action Points. Had to reload a lot and rely a lot on critical hits by shots in the eyes. The Rebirth Base is especially hard and required a lot of time to be dealt with. And lots of stimpacks. LOTS OF.
:). It gets easier the second time around. I had the same issues on my first playthrough (seemingly impossible fights), but every fight can be figured out. And once you do, they become fairly easy.
Raduziel wrote:3a) Insanely high requirement for skills in some part of the game, enforcing some XP grinding. Either that or blazing guns a lot, what is an issue due to point #2.
Interestingly, I didn't had that experience at all. I only delayed some of the "tough fights" on my first playthrough to a later point when I felt better equipped for it (especially armour). But playing a generic build (IN, speech, small guns) there shouldn't be much issue. Perhaps missed content and options contributed to that experience?
P.S. The only time I had an issue was when stealing the Gold Nuggets. But there are options. Last of all to pay Jeffrey.
Edit: In fact, I thought the various options and alternatives of dealing with quests and problems was very well designed and an outstanding element of the mod, imo. The only exception really was trying to sedate Blaster (speech only). Which stuck out like a sore thumb as it was really unusual for the mod. So I can't say I second this at all (…) ?
Raduziel wrote:3b) Enemies respawns. I lost the count of how many Mutant Hunters I killed - more than five times the initial number of MH in Albuquerque, for sure. And the ghouls in PA respawning in Rebirth Base were kind of anticlimax too.
To be fair, both scenarios are not exactly the standard way. Fighting the Mutant Hunters outside of quests is basically a fail-state (I would say) and when fighting at the Rebirth one should be on the way out. Personally I did not encounter an enemy respawn yet, except for the substiute kidnapper gang, which is a bit of a bug. Then again I usually don't go with guns blazing, but reload, and check for the alternative. :)
Raduziel wrote:This mod is a piece of art and the developer team has a reason to be proud of it.
Yep, they can indeed :)
Raduziel
Neutral

Post by Raduziel »

Muttie wrote:
Raduziel wrote:3b) Enemies respawns. I lost the count of how many Mutant Hunters I killed - more than five times the initial number of MH in Albuquerque, for sure. And the ghouls in PA respawning in Rebirth Base were kind of anticlimax too.
To be fair, both scenarios are not exactly the standard way. Fighting the Mutant Hunters outside of quests is basically a fail-state (I would say) and when fighting at the Rebirth one should be on the way out. Personally I did not encounter an enemy respawn yet, except for the substiute kidnapper gang, which is a bit of a bug. Then again I usually don't go with guns blazing, but reload, and check for the alternative. :)
The Mutant Hunter situation was that I presented the mutant camp's holodisk to Sebastian and it gave me two alternatives either fight my way out of the base or allow myself to be arrested (autokill). So I fought, killed them all, hunted them through the town and they just kept reappearing.
Muttie wrote:
Raduziel wrote:3a) Insanely high requirement for skills in some part of the game, enforcing some XP grinding. Either that or blazing guns a lot, what is an issue due to point #2.
Interestingly, I didn't had that experience at all. I only delayed some of the "tough fights" on my first playthrough to a later point when I felt better equipped for it (especially armour). But playing a generic build (IN, speech, small guns) there shouldn't be much issue. Perhaps missed content and options contributed to that experience?
P.S. The only time I had an issue was when stealing the Gold Nuggets. But there are options. Last of all to pay Jeffrey.
Edit: In fact, I thought the various options and alternatives of dealing with quests and problems was very well designed and an outstanding element of the mod, imo. The only exception really was trying to sedate Blaster (speech only). Which stuck out like a sore thumb as it was really unusual for the mod. So I can't say I second this at all (…) ?
Those were most optional parts of the game. 126 (!!!) Repair to understand how to build the security bot. Another heavy punch to pass throw that Mr. Handy that upgrades weapon and another heavy load of small/heavy guns to actually do something about it. I didn't do the gold nuggets quest because I sided with Rodriguez (accidentally by the way). But I do remember that you need to have Speech above 100 to convince the cooker to poison the Sheriff. My plan was to make a list of those situations for this feedback, but I got myself so immersed in the playthrough that I forgot.
Muttie
Idolized

Post by Muttie »

That is similar to my experiences.

Yes, that Sebastian scenario is natural, but also a fail-state. You can't tell Sebastian that you're a ghoul. If you lie to him ("want to destroy rebirth", rather than telling him your story), you can avoid the arrest scenario.
However, this could be possibly expanded, rather than making AQ oddly inaccessible, which is in part awkward as AQ has so many factions. Do that in Sedit or Corath and you have the typical FO fail-state (you can never return, because everyone hates you).
So having AQ getting overrun, when killing too many Mutant-hunters, may be a good follow up after all.
Or you just have to accept that both Mutant-hunters and Rebirth Ghouls are too huge a groups, and there are constant reinforcements coming in from somewhere.

The end-game has very high requirements (science, repair, lockpick (?), small guns, big guns and speech all about 130%, I think). Which is probably out of reach on a first play-through. (It was in mine, I only managed to meet one (speech) of the requirements). On a second run, though, you can prepare for it (taking advantage of Mrs. Stapleton books (repair and science) and Tech-Wizard may not be a horrible last pick all considered (+20% on science, repair and lockpick), all the skills you need at the Rebirth, what a coincidence :)). However, I was mostly OK with the requirements. It was the end-game after all. More new stuff to do the second time around :).
Anyway, for the most part, I was under the impression that a lot of thought was put into every single quest and map. For example, the game usually offers options (Tech-Wizard is probably added for a reason). Also whenever you need an item it is usually close by, too. So my opinion regarding requirements is mostly positive (in fact, impressed, even).

On my second run, I'm not using speech at all, and it is not giving me any issues so far. Which is also a good sign.

I haven't come around to look into the poisoning sheriff quest yet, but over 100% speech, would be a first. So far all requirements before the end-game (aka Rebirth base) that I came upon did not exceed 101% (except gambling once). Convincing the cook is fairly late game, though, and may require 101% actually. But as I said, I haven't checked that one out yet.

And the sheriff quest (gold nuggets) isn't problematic but it needs to be figured out. And on my first playthough I couldn't (i.e. how to sneak and open the safe). But it doesn't require that much (13% sneak can work, if you do it properly :), and about 55% or Mentats or LK can open the safe). And if all fails pay Jeffrey.

I made no notes on my first playthrough either :)