Rebirth Base - Power Armor?

What do you think about the game? Share your experiences. You can ask other players for advice about quests, or report bugs here as well. POSSIBLE SPOILERS!

Moderators: Ratman, Seto, Saruman, feťák8, valcik, NovaRain

Dr_Nomz
Accepted

Rebirth Base - Power Armor?

Post by Dr_Nomz »

You know that electronic locked door next to the glowing one (Dave?) on yellow three? Is it at all possible to get in there without setting off alarms? Because I REALLLY want that power armor for my companion, then we can all 3 be decked out!
Muttie
Idolized

Re: Rebirth Base - Power Armor?

Post by Muttie »

This is an area I haven't fully explored, yet.

And I'm a bit on a hiatus recently.

However, you can get that Power Armour through speech, when asking for the stuff of Darrel. The requirement on speech depends how often you've asked for stuff.

This is from my notes: "The number of times this works seems to depend on speech (102-110% speech: 2 times, 112-120%: 3 times, 122-151%: 4 times, 152-156%: 5 times."

Regarding the door. No idea. That's on my „to do list“. In fact there are a couple of secrets left to figure out ;)
Dr_Nomz
Accepted

Post by Dr_Nomz »

Yeah I noticed the speech check just after I did that lol. So between this and the power armor under the Empire, that's just enough for all my companions, plus another one I forgot where I got it.

Also it seems you can't ask more than a certain amount of times (is it really speech check related?) so you have to be careful not to ask too many times.

Names that reward nothing (and waste a speech check):
Cecilia, Robert, Tramell (seriously? The boss doesn't get anything?) Leonard, and Chris.

In fact, it seems that you can get everything from this dude just before you run out of tries, so long as you never ask for any of the non-rewarding names.

Should go without saying, but use a few saves for this one.

Hey are there any other names I haven't found yet that I can ask, or are they only on the yellow levels?
Muttie
Idolized

Post by Muttie »

Dr_Nomz wrote:(is it really speech check related?)
I'm pretty sure it is speech related...?
Dr_Nomz wrote:Tramell (seriously? The boss doesn't get anything?)
He has everything he needs :) I think the items handed out are literally items those character need or have requested recently.
Dr_Nomz wrote:In fact, it seems that you can get everything from this dude just before you run out of tries, so long as you never ask for any of the non-rewarding names.
I think that's correct. 5 tries for 5 people. However, atm, only Daemon can answer that definitely.
Dr_Nomz
Accepted

Post by Dr_Nomz »

One other thing I wanted to note: You can ALSO try to use the Robed guy's name on the same floor (the one who starts the Gauss Rifle quest) but he doesn't get anything if you try to use his name.
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Post by Daemon »

Muttie wrote:I think the items handed out are literally items those character need or have requested recently.
Those characters even mention in their dialog that they have stuff waiting for them to be picked up.