REPORT SPELLING OR GRAMMATICAL ERRORS

What do you think about the game? Share your experiences. You can ask other players for advice about quests, or report bugs here as well. POSSIBLE SPOILERS!

Moderators: Ratman, Seto, Saruman, feťák8, valcik, NovaRain

Muttie
Idolized

Re: REPORT SPELLING OR GRAMMATICAL ERRORS

Post by Muttie »

A few more corrections and suggestions

Rat Hole/Steave
- An option is to ask him “I was wondering whether someone living in a place like this can afford a dog.” and he replies “Look, who's talking about manners. That bastard stole...” As the player line doesn't include a reference to manners, I think he should say “Who's talking about affording? That bastard stole...” or “Who's talking about owning/pets?...”.

Sedit

Peter the farmer
- To “Tell me about Sedit” he replies “Sedit is a caravan town. Everyone here's living off of it. Whether...” Perhaps remove the “of” or “Everyone here's making a living of it.”
- When pissing him of “I don't like your tone...” he replies “I don't know which dump you came here from, but...” I would say “...which dump you've come from, but...” or “I don't know from what dump you've crawled all the way here, but around these parts we don't tolerate this kind of behaviour. The cops like it peaceful around here, and for lil' tramps like yourself we have only two things – jail or kicking the bucket. And their ain't much difference, I'm telling ya. So you better...”

Notice board
- The paper that looks least noticeable says: “Frederyk's Dream company located in Short Lane recruits...” As it's a road and not a place it should say “...on Short Lane...”.
- The paper with the largest handwriting says: “The best caravan company of Hub...” Needs a “the” before Hub. Considering the place is gone it could also say “of the old Hub”.

Imprisonment
A few suggestions for the text window messages:
“The cops beat the hell out of you first and threw you into the cell afterwards.” First and afterwards seems too much. You may use “you, before throwing..cell.”. Or perhaps: “The cops beat the hell out of you first, then (dragged you off into/dumped your (beaten) body in) one of the cells.”
“You awoke to the sounds from the cell next door. The cops have just beaten another prisoner with rifle butts.” Perhaps “You awoke to some (clamour/noise) in the cell next door. By the sound of it another prisoner was beaten with rifle butts.”
“You were released. To say good-bye one of the cops hit you in the stomach.” Perhaps: “You were released. As a (last/final gesture/farewell present) one of the cops (hit/punched you in the/placed his boot in your) stomach.”

Gregory
- Asking him about “The history of Sedit” he replies (both dispositions) “I don't know much about the time...It was Nicol who managed to get a firm grip on things, if I may say it so. She...” I think it is more common to just say “if I may say so”.
- Asking him about “How do I get to him [Sheriff]” he replies (rude disposition) “You? Bah, you'll hardly...if you have any business with the police go the station and...” It's missing a “to” after go.
- A reply option is “I don't like the way you speak to me! I think I'll blow your brain out of your head”. Putting a “right” after brain feels more natural.
- Asking Gregory about “Can you tell me more about the town council” he replies (both dispositions) “As I've said the members are all owners of caravan companies...Still, to agree sometimes seems an unimaginable problem and so they only meet in exceptional cases. They met quite...” . Perhaps: “...Still, to agree can require unusual amounts of time (and effort), and as such they prefer to keep their meetings to exceptional cases only. They met quite...”. Or “Still, as agreeing can become an extensive conundrum, they can only afford to meet (occasionally and only in cases of exceptional importance) in exceptional cases. They met...
- Asking him about “[Sedit] In what way?” he replies (friendly disposition) “I'm surprised someone hasn't told you already. Some...It's purpose is to make decisions with relation to the town. Frederyk managed to influence its establishment, so now we have...” Perhaps “...is to make any decisions regarding the town. Frederyk managed to gain influence on its/the establishment, so now we...”
- Asking him about “Who runs this town?” he replies (friendly disposition) “The decisions relating to town are in the hands of the three...The role of the police then is to secure order...” Perhaps “Any decisions (relating to/regarding) town business are in the hands of the three...The role of the police is to secure order...”
- Asking him about “What happened?” he replies (friendly disposition) “Falcon's Flight was becoming a frequent...council voted 2 to 1 for Sheriff to place special...” Needs a “the” before Sheriff.
- Asking him about “Demetre” he replies (friendly disposition) “Demetre is a dangerous...His caravans are the ones most frequently getting attacked because they take the shortest routes. They...” Perhaps for clarification “...His caravans are the ones most frequently under attack, because, regardless of the risk and danger, they always take the shortest routes. They...”
- Asking him about “Why Sedit?” he replies (friendly disposition) “I'm sure they all had their reasons...Moreover Sedit offered same possibilities as the Hub...” Missing a “the” before same.

Salem
- Another well written character, like so many really.

Sabrina
- Question “You've got something against Big Guns?” she replies “They're useless...with animals you can use the rest of for food. With...” Perhaps “...the rest of it for food...” or “...the rest for food...”

Nicol
- When approaching her as part of the Tyler Morrow quest, and not having spoken to her yet. Her dialogue is the one reacting to having seen me at the (ambush) meeting (for) with Frederyk. And one of my reply option is “Can't we really settle this...” The “really” seems off (a bit like asking a second time) and should be removed, or say “just” instead.

Demetre
- Talking about the Hub and asking “There wasn't anyone to defend it?” he says “Shit, you kidding me?! There was a lot of us, but it wasn't no childs play!...[Note: Correcting Demetre's slang seems like a bad idea, (creative direct speech), but in this case it would be “Shit, you're kidding me?! There were a lot of us, but it was no fucking child's play!...[Note: but the original slang may suit him better]...When we saw with Keri that the Hub was finished...[Note: But I would change this one to “When me and Keri saw that the Hub was finished...”] we left...”.

Keri
- When talking about Demetre, agreeing with her (the retard comment) and then apologizing “Forgive me. Please, let's start anew. How is it with the work?” (which may change to “Forgive me. Please, let's start again. How do I go about the work?”), her reply is “Okay relax. If you keep talking shit like this...” The relax seems to refer to herself (she is the one agitated), or both and should change to “[to herself] Okay relax. [to you] But if you keep...” or “Okay, let's relax. But if you keep...”. The second version may be better.
- If saying “What's the matter?” Her reply is “It's not enough to say it five times already! I'm about to snap and when I do,...” This should say something like “(Apparently) It's (apparently) not enough (to have said it/that I've told him) 5 times already! I'm about to snap and when I do,...”.
- Her reply to “What are you going to do then.” is “I don't even know myself...I can't live with the old bastard any more. I'd probably end up blown to bits by a bomb left at the toilet sooner or later anyway.” I would remove the “anyway”, it feels a bit too definitive. You may also replace “sooner or later anyway” with “...I can't live with the old bastard any more. I'd probably end up blown to bits by a bomb left (at/on?) the toilet if I hang around (any longer/for too long).” or shorter: “...any more. (If I stay) I'd run the risk of getting blown to bits by a bomb left on the toilet (if I do).” Or, the one I like “any more. If I do, I'd probably end up blown to bits by a bomb left at the toilet." and perhaps add "(and (that) rather sooner than later)."
- When asking “What happened?” “she replies “Mutants. Fucking supermutants. When Master was killed...” Needs a “the” before master.
- If asking her “What?” She says: “He's more and more dangerous! He's...He probably has a loose screw....even I would love to kick the world in the ass, provided I knew where the world's butt is.” I'm sure it needs to be “screw loose” and the last could consider to avoid the repetition “...even I would love to kick the world in/up the ass, provided I knew where it is (to find it)." Or "...provided (I knew how to/I could) find (the/a) place to stick my boot in).” but it's a matter of opinion. If you repeat I wouldn't mind to use ass twice.
- When offering her orgies etc. she says “Really?! In that case, fuck off, not interested.” and oneself replies “You don't know what you are passing, your bad.” I think it needs a “up on” after passing to become clearer. Or if you don't like that you could use “missing, your bad.” instead.
- Asking her about this place/Sedit and the town council she says “...I guess it's not hard too see those three hardly ever find a common viewpoint.” I would say either “finding” instead “find” or a “that” before those. And you may consider “common ground” instead “a common viewpoint”.
- Her comment on being given the meeting quest by Frederyk: “An obvious trap...or just plain kill him straight.” This seems a bit confused perhaps “just (plain/simply) kill him.” or “(just/simply) kill him straight away.”

Johny
- Talking about the job and Keri. If saying “I don't believe you, I'll rather go talk to her.” he replies “As you think.” This is a bit unusual and I would suggest “As you wish.”, “If you think so.” or “Feel free to (try/do so).” or “Go ahead, then.” or “Don't mind me.”
- On the New Hope job he says: Yep, that's it, nice name...Our caravans would travel to them every month, the business would take place. Business profitable for us as well as them. The thing is,...” Is the “business would take place” a new sentence like “...every month. Business would take place. Business profitable for us as well as them. The (only) thing is,...” or the time of month like “...month, at which time the business would take place. Business...”.

Rene
- When showing him the Talisman (while the ghoul is still alive): “[Rene looks surprised]...He crawled in here in the middle of a night, seriously wounded...” that should be “in the middle of the night” or “during the middle of the night” or “One night he crawled in here, seriously...”.

Mimi
- Asking her “What have you done” she replies “The only thing we're guilty of is...we could of died as well...” the “of” before died needs to be a “have”.

Wounded Ghoul
- During the story comes a passage where it says “Due to his serious wounds, his slow reactions give you enough time to stop the knife...” It may be considered to rephrase to “Due to his serious wounds, his reactions are slowed and give you enough time to stop the knife...” or “Slowed by his (mortal) wounds, you have no trouble/difficulty to stop (stopping) the knife in time.”

Mrs. Stapleton
- Question “What happened to the Hub” she says “You really want to hear about it...I've told myself many times I should have died there in my feeble effort to defend.” Perhaps: “..I've told myself many times I should have died there and then.” “Especially as she says shortly before that, that she left before the fighting. Or “...I should have died there in the (futile) attempt to defend my home.”
- After the first purchase (offers holodisks) one can say “Well, I have to say that just your books cost quite a lot.” Perhaps “Well, I have to say your books alone cost quite a lot.”

Cave
Cop
- There are three different versions of asking “How to get to Lost town.” First: “Is there any other way how to get to Lost Town?”. Second, after “why don't you kill all deathclaws”: “So there's no other way how to get to Lost Town?” and third, after asking “what is in Lost town”: “So there's is no other way how to get there?” It needs to remove the “how” in all three cases.

Lost Town

Gabriel
- Asking “What do you do here?” he says “I'm here to rest and spend my hard-earned money by a good job done before...” restructure to “I'm here to rest and spend my (hard-earned money after/money, hard-earned by) a job well done before...”.
- During the second attempt of hiring he says: “[Gabriel examines you from top to bottom again.] Well...cheapskate when comes to paying.” It needs an “it” after when.
- When asking him about place/Sedit he says “Town crowded with fucking cops...It's a place when a man can breath...” I would replace “when” with “where”.
- Talking about armour he says: “First of all [or directly, i.e. two versions] Get it through your thick skull...but when comes to a fight...” it forgot a “it” after when.
- His comment when entering Main Street: “I might have some problems...so I pushed her a little hard so she would act more lively and stir a little more...” A “little hard” sounds like once only and perhaps it should be “a little harder” or “so I gave her a (little) push so she would...”
- Comment on paying him when going after Rodriguez/or the second Sanchez quest: “A guy named Eddie...she was too scared shitless of Rodriguez to run away...” needs to be “she was too scared of Rodriguez to run away” or “she was scared shitless of Rodriguez (and wouldn't run away)...”.
- Comment on paying him when going after Rodriguez/or the second Sanchez quest: “That cunt babbled out everything...Finding him was a piece of a fucking cake...” Remove the “a” before fucking.

Lystra
- When receiving the quest to kill the ghouls she wants to leave. A reply option is “You want...First I'll teach you a lesson before taking care of Falcon's Flight.” I think the first and before don't go well together, replace “before taking” with “then I'll take”. Or “I'll take care of Falcon's Flight, but first, I'll teach you a lesson.”

HIV-positive
It says “It is hard to say how soon or late (if ever) that AIDS, the direct consequence of the HIV virus, will develop.” Perhaps “It is hard to say (when/how long it takes before) AIDS, the direct consequence of the HIV virus, will develop, if ever.”

As usual, feel free to ignore any suggestion you don't agree with.
Muttie
Idolized

Post by Muttie »

A few more corrections and suggestions. (I've checked some with a native English speaker and marked those as (correct).)

Frederyk
- When taking the meeting quest one can say “I sure do, I'll go there right away. There's no sense putting it off.” It needs a “in” after sense (correct). Otherwise it would need to be “...right away. No point putting it off.”

Gregory
- I suggested to change the reply “I don't like the way you speak to me! I think I'll blow your brain out of your head”. To put a “right” after brain. In hindsight I would rather suggest a rephrase like: “That was your last insult, office boy! Now, I'm going to blow your brains out.”
- When asking “What happened” (friendly disposition) he says “Almost two years after our contacts with the Hub started...” (As it was the first contact with the city, shouldn't contact be singular? or use “...two years after making contact with the Hub...” However it may also refer to contacts with various companies of the Hub, and may stay as it is. Your call, really.) then it goes on “…Lots of people that survived that attack or ran away before it settled here. They...” It needs to be “from” instead “before” (correct). Or rephrase if it means “...the attack or fled before it (the attack/onslaught) started”

John, the cop
- When handing him the package from father Malcolm he says “Fuck, you don't have to yell it the whole street can hear. Give it here.” Perhaps “Fuck, you don't have to yell. The whole street can hear. Give it here.” or “Fuck, you don't have to yell so the whole street can hear. Just give it to me.” or “Stop your yelling, for fuck's sake. The whole street can hear you. Just give it to me.”

Nicol
- Asking “Where can I find him [Marvin].” She says “In Lost Town, as I said...It's difficult to guess which gutter that drunk's lying around right now.” It needs an “in” after “around” (correct). Or “...in which gutter that drunk's made his last/current home.”
- If I return to her during the Marvin quest, she says “Did you get the money out of Marvin...” and my reply is “Not yet, but I'll get into it right now.” In this case it needs to be “onto” not “into”. (correct)
- After the Marvin quest, one can discuss Frederyk's death and one can say “It was me who convinced Frederyk to go that meeting...” needs a second “to” after go, or use “attend” instead go.

Keri
- Her comment when working for Rodriguez: “Doing business with Rodriguez is the...no matter what you'll have done for him till then. And...” Could be smoother as: “...no matter what you have done for him in the past. And...”

Johny
- When assigning the brahmin fodder quest he says “There's a certain farmer who lives in the Short Lane, name of...” It needs to be “...in Short Lane” (place/street), (correct) or “in the short lane” (noun), or “...lives in the (area/part of town) called Short Lane, name of Peter...”

Rene
- “Tell me about Sedit” he says “Sedit is a caravan town. We saw the slow rise of the caravan trading and now our caravans...” Using “the caravan trade” may be better (correct).

Lost Town

Sanchez
- When receiving the second job: “Good. I'm in need of an extra pair of hands...We're expecting sheriff's deputy Tyler Morrow...”. It's missing a “the” before sheriff (correct), or perhaps remove “sheriff's” or use “deputy sheriff” (?).
- After the Tyler Morrow quest: “[He gives you 500 caps.] Easy job, innit? I got another meeting with the raiders in the desert in the outskirts of the town. I'm taking...” The “innit” should be “wasn't it”, in this case. And perhaps “[He gives you 500 caps.] Easy job, wasn't it? I got another one. I'm going to meet some raiders in the desert near the outskirts of town. I'm taking...”

Marvin
- After resolving the deathclaw quest and returning to him he says “Don't waste m'time anymoarth. A'hm goin' to the pub. Eeh, as long as I get a bit better.” It needs to be “soon” instead “long” or “ Eeh, the mo'hm'nt (moment) I feel a bit better [slumps into a chair]”.

Gabriel
- His comment when working for Rodriguez: “Nothing useful. He's keeping everyone but members of his retarded mafia family away. He...sort out big fuck ups far beyond reach of his influence.” I would suggest “at a distance” instead “away” or “away from him”. And I would say “beyond the reach” but I've been told that both is fine.
- His comment on father Malcolm: “That asshole is...no accident like having all one's bones broken by bunch of Mexicans...”. Needs a “a” before bunch and perhaps “his” instead “one's”.
- His comment on Damian: “What was the job?” He replies “That's a fucking good story...when that asshole woke up in the morning probably with no memory of previous night, he must've been quite... [change: it needs a “the” before previous (correct)] ...eyes and so on. When comes to shit like that... [change: needs a “it” before comes] ...Well, my job was to find that poor asshole and end him... [perhaps: finish him/put an end to him/end his miserable existence] ...It didn't take me much time to find out where in Sedit he lives and cut his throat on the street during night.” [Perhaps: “It didn't take me long to find his living place in Sedit, and one night, on a poorly lit street, I came up on him from behind and cut his throat (in one swift motion) [he indicates by running his thumb across his throat]. And that was that.”. Or, shorter: It didn't take me long to find his living place in Sedit, and one night, I caught him out on the street and cut his throat. (Just like that) [he runs his thumb across his throat]. Easy job, easy money.”
- His comment on Damian: the “cops raided Lost Town?” question. He replies “Damian thinks he's so important...Moreover, Rodriguez is making sure they'd never raid the place with a fucking serious amount of caps right in the cops' pockets. [Perhaps: remove “right in the cops' pockets” or “...the place by filling the cops' pockets with serious amounts of fucking caps.” or “...the place by pouring a fuck ton of caps right into the cops' fucking pockets.] then it goes on “No if he had been worth it, they would've probably lured him into a caravan in wastes somewhere near town where they could ambush him.” [perhaps: “No if he had been worth it, they [probably] would've lured him into [attacking] a caravan [out] in [the] wastes[,] somewhere near town where they could ambush him.” Or “No, if he had been worth it, they probably would've prepared a caravan and lured him out into the wastes, some place near town where they could (conveniently) ambush him (easily).]
- Comment on Rat Hole on “What do you know about this place?”: “I haven't actually believed that there's gonna be something here. I heard rumours about some backwater where two bastards recruit mercenaries but it sounded more like bullshit from minds of some stoners.” I think it needs a “the” before minds. Or “from the drug addled minds of some stoners.” And the first could be phrased: “To tell the truth, I didn't believe this place exists. I heard rumours about some backwater where two crazy bastards recruit mercenaries for (a personal/an eternal) war/vendetta of theirs, but it sounded more like bullshit from the minds of some stoners.” Or a longer version: ”Know? Are you shitting me? Up until now I didn't even believe this place exists. All I've heard were rumours about some (fucked up) backwater where two crazy bastards recruit mercenaries for a personal vendetta of theirs, but to be honest, it sounded more like bullshit from the minds of some seriously fucked up addicts/stoners. And now look at this. One could make a fortune around here.” (but the last "fistfull of dollars" reference, doesn't work if either party is already dead, which is most likely the case). And there is nothing wrong with the original anyway, except the missing “the”.

And Charlie, Marvin and father Malcolm are again outstandingly well written characters. I really enjoyed them.

New Hope
Muttie wrote:New Hope- Looking at the rake it says: “This rake...(you can't) even conceive of a use for it.” I think it needs to be “think” instead conceive. Otherwise it may need to remove the “of”.
(I've heard a similar line in a TV show and then checked it with the dictionary, and it seems I was wrong, apparently “conceive of” is correct. Sorry, my fault. I also discussed this at great length with someone and we are really not sure. “Think of” is definitely correct, but “conceive of” could be too. Something about transitive and intransitive verbs (?). Better leave it as it is.)

Rat Hole/Steave
Muttie wrote:Rat Hole/Steave- An option is to ask him “I was wondering whether someone living in a place like this can afford a dog.” and he replies “Look, who's talking about manners. That bastard stole...” As the player line doesn't include a reference to manners, I think he should say “Who's talking about affording? That bastard stole...” or “Who's talking about owning/pets?...”.
(I think I made an error here, the point seems to be a general line “Look, who's talking about manners now.” Which may work (?). But I think it's actually a reply to the initial player line “What about some manners. I didn't catch your name...”. However one can get to the exchange above without ever dropping that initial “manner line”. So the manner reply can kind of hang in the air. Consequently I would stick with the suggested adjustment, or link the two “manner” references better. Atm, the one can lead to the other, but there is no direct connection, and the second part may occur without the first part.
Muttie
Idolized

Post by Muttie »

Gabriel, when entering Main Street:
Muttie wrote:- His comment when entering Main Street: “I might have some problems...so I pushed her a little hard so she would act more lively and stir a little more...” A “little hard” sounds like once only and perhaps it should be “a little harder” or “so I gave her a (little) push so she would...”
I think I made a mistake here myself (awkward). I asked my English source and it told me that there is nothing wrong with “a little hard” (shame on me). However, at that point I had thought about it some more and came up with: “So I slapped her a little, just to wake her up, make her act a bit more lively. Stir a little more, you know? All of a sudden...” or “...so I pushed her a little, so she would act more lively and stir...” works too. Or “So I slapped her around a bit. Wake her up, so she would act more lively and stir a little more...” etc. But feel free to ignore my suggestions.

Father Malcolm/Lost Town
-When asking if elevation is hazardous to ones health, he rejects that notion and one can reply “Good, here's 500 caps, I wan to try it.” Needs to be “want”. (or “I'll give it a try” or “Alright, you've talked me into it, here's 500 caps, hit (or less sloppy: “bless”) me, father.”)

Alexa/Rat Hole
-The question is “Do you have any work?” and she says “I'd have some work to do. The question is if you're just the right person. What...” The “I'd” is wrong (had it confirmed). You may consider changing to “I may have some work (that needs taking care of). The question is, if you are (just) the (right) person to get it done? What...?” Or “I could have some work. The question is, are you the right person for the job?...”

The second Frederyk's Dream quest is titled: “Root out the informer for the raiders within Frederyk's Dream.” You may consider to use “of the raiders” instead “for” or rephrase to “Uncover the raiders' informer within Frederyk's Dream”. (confirmed)
Muttie
Idolized

Post by Muttie »

Johny/Sedit
- After selecting the “who are the Children of the Cathedral” option, a reply option is “I see, and who's the dead man's supposed to be?” It needs to change “man's” to “man” (confirmed).

Tadeus
- One says “I came here to kill you...It's a revenge for supermutants destroying the Hub.” This seems a bit tricky but the English person I've talked to would remove the “a” before revenge. Or you could use “It's his [Demetre's] revenge for...” Or you may use, but it may be too agitated, “It's payback for the destruction of the Hub. The place destroyed by your supermutants!”

Keri
- When accepting the FEV from Tadeus and telling her it was only a bluff she talks about “[the world is a better place with another of those CoC dead]” and one replies “As you think.” Which is a bit unusual (confirmed) and it may be better to say “I guess.” (a bit cautious), “I guess, you are right.” (cautiously agreeing) or perhaps “If you say so.” (agreeing with reservation).
- When injecting Demetre she says “You're a complete idiot!...I should throw you to deathclaws, but I think I'll skin you myself.” Needs a “the” before deathclaws (confirmed). And perhaps add a “rather” to emphasize the meaning like “I should throw you to the deathclaws, but I think I'll rather skin you myself.”

Asmodeus' Journal (holodisc)
- In the second paragraph, first sentence it says “and spread after master's death.” As master is a title and not a name it needs to add a “the master's”, as in “the king's death”. (confirmed)

Melkyr/Corath
-He says “Yeah, right there. You know, we have one just rule here. If...” and “We have one just law here. If two people...”. May consider to add a “but” as in “We have but one just...” to emphasize that there is none, but one rule/law (confirmed). However, you need to confirm if it's correct to say that Corath has only one rule/law (the one of the ring).

Gabriel
-Comment on Corath: “Just what rumours float around. Supposedly...to conquer the town so they try to cap each other. Being scared shitless from local cops, they won't fight openly.” It needs to be “of the local cops” not “from” (confirmed). And “cap” is a bit unusual and could say “to run each other out of business” (confirmed) or “out of town” if changing the previous “town” to “local trade/ore mine”. And the next sentence could start with “But being scared shitless of the local cops/law enforcement, they won't...” but that's a rather minor point.
- When entering the mine (Corath). During the story he says “That fucker disappeared faster then all a junkie's savings”. Needs to be “than” not “then” (confirmed) and the “all” could be removed, as it doesn't add to the meaning, “faster than a junkie's savings” gets the point across quite well.
- During the second floater exchange with the Keri (about the Hub) he says “...after first retarded supermutant appeared”. Needs a “the” before first (confirmed).

Sheriff Francis
- Giving the murder quest. “Some nutcase murderer...find out anything about last murder victim, and go talk to the woman...” needs a “the” before “last” (confirmed).

Marylin
- Her floater reacting to a female KSM is “You do like doing it with a woman as I do, don't you honey?” Is correct but it could be a bit stronger by inserting a “as much” in there. Like “You do like doing it with a woman as much as I do, don't you honey?” or “I hope you like doing it with a woman? I sure did, honey. :winks at you:” or “I like doing it with a woman, especially when it's you, honey. :winks at you:”

Gravedigger Jesup
- Asking him why he doesn't call the cops ”Yeah right. They'd just tell me off...they must think I'm gonna run around here nights to chase the rabble away...” The “...run around here nights...” is wrong (confirmed). There are several options but “...here night after night to...” may be the best. Others are “at night” (without the s!) or “during nights”, which may fit his speech pattern better.

Cedrick
- When talking with him about Vodka he says at one point “[Cedrick grins malevolently.] That's what he told you...Most likely he put his house on fire in drunken delirium...Uncle would fire him anyway, even if he didn't mutilate himself like he did. If not for his infatuation, he would accept it a long time ago...” That needs to be “a drunken delirium” (confirmed) and as it refers to events in the past “Uncle would have fired him anyway” or “Uncle was going to fire him anyway” followed by “even if he hadn't mutilated himself like he did” and “...he would have accepted it a...” or “...he would have gotten over it a...”. (all confirmed). And the player's reply is “That's what you say. Bye.” could be “Guess, that's your side of the story. Bye.”

Ademar
- After causing the miners' rebellion with quest by Ademar and reporting back he can say “O shit, that didn't work out at all. Not only we lost the miners, but we lost...” Either: “We not only lost the miners, but we lost...” or “Not only did we lose the miners, but we lost...” (confirmed).
- After causing the miners' rebellion without quest by Ademar, it starts with Richie being freed and then: “Well, it broke out. The miners decided...Not only we lost mine workers, but several...”. Either: “Not only did we lose mine workers, but several ...” or “...We not only lost mine workers, but several...” (confirmed).
- After refusing to meet Nestor and returning back he says “look who we have here. Isn't this...Oh, no, someone so stupid would likely blow up her own head a long time ago.” The tense is wrong, it needs to be “...would likely have blown up...” or “Oh, no, someone so stupid would have blown her own head off a long time ago.” (confirmed).
Muttie
Idolized

Post by Muttie »

Lawteller
- Asking “What role plays the police in all this?” And he says “The police like their city quiet. And they don't care how that's done, as long as they don't have to do too much themselves. The Law of the Ring helps them there. Everyone, including Nestor and Uncle, respect the Law to make sure they don't go against the police. It's not exactly the way the Law was intended but, interestingly, the city can keep from falling apart that way.” Not sure what “Everyone, including Nestor and Uncle, respect the Law to make sure they don't go against the police.” is trying to say? And I think this needs clarification. As I understand it: The police is the third force in Corath. And they uphold the law (that's the only thing sheriff Francis really cares about). And Nestor and Uncle can't ignore the law (by fighting in the streets) as it would mean that the police would take sides, and make one side (Nestor/Uncle) stronger than the other. So perhaps: “Everyone, including Nestor and Uncle, respect the Law as they can't risk upsetting the police. It's not exactly the way the Law was intended but, interestingly, it keeps the city from falling apart.” Is that what it meant, I'm not sure? But I believe neither Nestor or Uncle want to “go against” the police at all, but only avoid to “upset them” so the police stays out of it. Other options are: “... the Law as neither wants to go against the police.” Or “...the Law, it makes sure they don't go against the police.” but I think that's wrong as it is not the Law that creates respect for the police but the other way round, the police (third force) makes everyone respect the law (creating an odd peace and stalemate). Perhaps “Everyone, including Nestor and Uncle, respect the Law, it makes sure they don't go against each other openly. It's not exactly the way the Law was intended but, interestingly, it keeps the city from falling apart.”

Chadwick
- The first approach he says “You're here to see me? [He examined you curiously.] But we don't know...No, I didn't see one like that...[...Based on sheriff's description this is...]” As the examination follows the insert I would use present tense “[He examines you curiously.] But we don't know [you]...” and it needs a “the” before sheriff's description. The player's reply to this is “What like that?” This is a bit confusing and to clarify it, it should change to “What do you mean “like that”?” (confirmed)

Gordon
- After refusing to bribe him during the Richie quest: “Then the two of us have nothing to talk about anymore. You're such a wretch that only way you'll ever get what you want is with money. You should understand that...” Either it means (in general:) “...You're such a wretch! The only way you'll ever get what you want is with money. You should understand that...” or (the player specifically:) “...You're such a wretch that the only way you'll ever get what you want is with money. You should understand that...”. Not sure what the intention was. (confirmed)

Man of Nestor/Corath
- A floater says “Nestor don't take shit from nothing and no-one.” Either “Nestor doesn't take shit from no-one.” or “Nestor's (crowd/people/gang) don't take shit from nothing and no-one. You hear!” (confirmed)

Clint
- When sleeping with Clint during the money quest he says: “[When Clint was finished he handed you the money owed with a satisfied look on his face.] Here you go...” I think the tense is wrong perhaps “[Once/After Clint has finished (After Clint is done with you) he hands you the money owed with a satisfied look on his face.] Here you go...” as the handing of the money is happening now (present tense).

Blaster's Keeper
-When approaching him for the first time “[The man turned away from the shelf and frowned at you.] You have no business...” Shouldn't this be present tense? “[The man turns away from the shelf and frowns at you. (and frowns upon seeing you.)] You have no business...”
- When convincing him to help with Blaster he says: “You must be crazy to risk your life like this. [He sighed.]...Sometimes I'm truly terrified by thoughts of Blaster escaping due to my mistake...” It should be “[He sighs.]”. And when choosing the other option he says: “I wouldn't like to test how important I'm for Nestor...[He sighed.]...” Should also be “sighs”, i.e. present tense.

Ademar
- Taking the Richie and job and asking “How should I do it?” he replies: “[He smiled.] That's for you to find out. Try to use that thing between your ears for once and come up with something to earn your pay.” Again I assume it should be present tense “[He smiles.] That's..”
- After botching the Richie quest he says “You really are slower than a one-legged gecko, or did you just decide to have your way with some whore before doing your work? Actually, in the second case it wouldn't take you that long either. Someone already finished Richie off...” The whore line could be more speculation “Actually, in the second case it wouldn't have taken you that long either. Someone already finished Richie off...”. Or more definite “Actually, in the second case it couldn't have taken you that long either.” (confirmed, but you may want to discuss this one)
- Being invited by Nestor and replying “I'm interested”, he says: “And why wouldn't you be? As I...and dammit, at least try to seem like you're happy about it even when you aren't anymore.” Why any more? I don't think anything occurred that causes the player to not being happy any more? Shouldn't it say “..at least try to look happy about it, even if you're not.” (confirmed)
- Being invited by Nestor and replying “I'm not interested”, then returning later and accepting he says: “[He smiled.] Oh, yeah you really did say it...” Should be “[He smiles.]” as it's the present.

Uncle
- Challenging Uncle: “So Nestor's really trying it on...Cedrick will make sure your last minutes on earth end in the appropriate level of misery.” It may be better to say “in an appropriate amount of misery.” or if you want to keep level: “...at the...level of...” (confirmed)
- After beating Blaster and receiving the next quest he says: “Unfortunately, I don't know the location of his hideout exactly. Although I would like to know where he'd need to crawl under with all his hired killers so as not to attract unwanted attention. But I doubt he would have gone far...” Could be straightened a little perhaps: “... Although I would like to know where he could possibly crawl under with all his hired killers and not attract (too much) unwanted attention (killers, without attracting too much (unwanted) attention)...” (confirmed) or use another way of putting it that is more to your own liking.

Keri
- When asking her who would be the better ruler for Corath she says: “You think one of them cares about some dubious well-being of the others? Don't be...” I would say “...one of them cares about (some/this/the) dubious well-being of others?...” (confirmed) or just “...about the well-being of others?...” as dubious seems a bit strange (I assume it means to say “the well-being of others” concept is dubious).

Gabriel
- His floater when facing Blaster says “...I don't shit my pants from seeing a huge mutated pile of turd.” That needs to replace “from” with “by” or “just by” or “...pants just because of some huge mutated pile of turd.” (confirmed)
Muttie
Idolized

Post by Muttie »

Muttie wrote:Tadeus- One says “I came here to kill you...It's a revenge for supermutants destroying the Hub.” This seems a bit tricky but the English person I've talked to would remove the “a” before revenge. Or you could use “It's his [Demetre's] revenge for...” Or you may use, but it may be too agitated, “It's payback for the destruction of the Hub. The place destroyed by your supermutants!”
I just noticed that the “It's a revenge” line is only at fault when male. The female version is correct (i.e. has no “a”).
Muttie wrote:Childkiller:the text says “[it means]...several less nosey bastards.” isn't the sentence structure in English “several nosey bastards less.”?
I saw this again and realized it may mean to say noisy (loud) instead nosy/nosey (prying/inquisitive/curious)? Considering it's children I would assume noisy (loud), but both can be fitting, so... ?
Also this was an older suggestion, and as it came up again, I asked someone which sentence structure is correct, and apparently it's really just a matter of opinion. Perhaps with a small tendency towards “bastards less.”, but apparently it's not a big deal.

Cop Jeffrey/Sedit
When exploring the method to have him steal the nuggets he says: “Well, I hope Mimi knows who she's hired. Well then, I have the access to the safe, I know its combination. I can get you anything you need from there.”
The “the” before access is not necessary, unless it describes a specific access, but I think it's access in general and not “the” access: “...Well then, I have access to the safe, (and) I know its combination. I can...”

Mimi/Sedit
After delivering the nuggets and talking about Rodriguez and Sanchez she says: “Don't underestimate Rodriguez. He's getting plenty of caps...right hand. He'd run the mobster family with the same cruelty and he'd be looking for a revenge for the murder of his boss...”
Needs to remove the “a” before revenge and perhaps “...he'd be (out) to take revenge for the murder of his boss.”. (correct)

Sanchez/Lost Town
Minor typo: When reporting back to Sanchez for the drunk quest, but having picked up the ghoul quest in the meantime (which cuts the reward from 200 to 100 caps) the dialogue doesn't start with a capital “T”. It's: “take this for your troubles. [He gives you 100 caps.] And now get lost, ghoul-lover.” Needs to be “Take”.

Albuquerque:

Dutch
Asking him who's in charge he says: “We, the Mutant Hunters, are in charge. If we weren't...Well, the inhabitants of the Vault have their emperor, but since you're never getting into their part of town anyway there's not reason to give a fuck.” Needs to be “no reason” not “not reason”.

Keri
In her comment on Albuquerque she says: “Based on what caravan guards'd told me, the descendants...”. My English source says to use either “have told” or just “told”, not “had told”. And you may put a “the” before caravan guards, like: “Based on what the caravan guards told me, the descendants...”

Sophie
When looking at her (binoculars) it says Sophia, but everywhere else (dialogue, quest) she is called Sophie.

Vex
- When trying to charm him without sex appeal he says: [He slaps you.] Stop trying to curry my favour. If I wanted you, I'd take you when I wanted to, I don't care about your opinion.”
You may consider “...If I wanted you, I'd just take you, I don't care about your opinion.” The original is not wrong, but it could be smoother (correct).
- And when he agrees to it it says: “[He drags you into a room in a cellar. The two men that...” Perhaps try to avoid the “in a room in a cellar.” like: “[He drags you into a room down in the cellar. The two...”

Margaret Dandridge
- In her romance response to KSM she says: “[She looks quite satisfied while she straightens her jumpsuit.] You weren't lying, it really was wild. I hope we didn't break anything when the stuff starting falling off shelves. I'll clean up the place later...”
Needs to be “...wild. I hope we didn't break anything when the stuff (was starting/started) to (fall/come) off (the) shelves. I'll clean up the place later...” Or “...wild. I hope we didn't break anything when all that stuff was coming/falling off the shelves. I'll clean...” (correct)
- Also in both versions (KSM & without) she says in the same dialogue line: “[She looks quite satisfied...my superiors probably wouldn't be happy to see me being in touch with foreigner this way. [She laughs at what she just said.] In my office, we'll act like nothing happened.” It needs to be “a foreigner”.
- And the character's response is (always, no matter if KSM or not) “I liked it too. As you wish.” I think “As you wish” is a bit too stiff. Perhaps just a plain “I understand.” and/or (a special KSM reply only?) “I liked it too. And I understand.” Or “Can't we just stay here forever? We got supplies [gesture at the shelves].” to which she could reply (KSM only) “[She laughs.] Don't tempt me. Just fix your clothes and then leave the storeroom. And...”

“Pulse weapon research” Holodisk
- In the second paragraph it says “The pulse weapon from the Yuma...The gun fits very well into the hand, as the pistol grip, where the batteries are hidden, is considerably heavier than the rest of the weapon, which basically only consists of light electronics hidden in chassis made of non-magnetic metals.” It needs an “a” before chassis.
- And in the fourth paragraph: “As for the structural elements...The particle generators can be taken over without problems, and thinking of something better may not even be possible. The original...”
“Taken over” is the wrong choice of words (correct) and “thinking of something better” could be polished, too. Perhaps: “As for the structural elements...The particle generators can be (adopted) without problems, and (developing a better solution) may not even be possible. The original diagnostic and...are also suitable...”
Muttie
Idolized

Post by Muttie »

Small Frame trait
It says: “You are not quite as big as the other villagers, but that...” This is still the same as FO2 (villagers) and could adjust. (Note: In FO1 it was “vault-dwellers”).
This is one of those little things that are actually quite nice if adjusted. Unfortunately there is no good term in Resurrection, as the term usually refers to the group the character is part of at the point of character-creation (vault, village, etc.) and in Resurrection the character wakes up in a cave without memory, identity, home, background or group to belong to. Technically the character is a ghoul or reborn but “spoilers”. And because of the amnesia, the character is also not part of any group, nor is there a characteristic that could make sense (like “other survivors”) as there are no other survivors. Also refugee/fugitive is plot development and not apparent at the start. General terms like “wastelanders, traveller, vagabond or drifters” may work (or humans “wink, wink”), but, all in all, keeping it nondescript (...as the others, but...) may be most fitting, considering the memory loss and vague state of the character.

Mutant Hunter reputation
“You are a member of Mutant Hunters, the organization the goal of which is to kill all mutants. You strike fear into the hearts of mutants but also those of ordinary Albuquerque inhabitants.” Needs a “the” (correct) and perhaps rephrase “the goal part” and add a second “into”, like: “You are a member of (the) Mutant Hunters, (an) organization (whose goal it) is to kill all mutants. You strike fear into the hearts of mutants but also (into) those of ordinary Albuquerque inhabitants.” (correct)

Gregory/Sedit
When asking him about the ambush by Nicol (attractive male) he says: “Hm, that's not possible. But... I hope she wasn't very rude to you, since you disturbed her from something very important. Don't worry...” That needs to be “during something very important”, not “from”, unless it's “kept her from” (correct). Or: “I hope she wasn't rude to you, as you must have (intruded on rather important matters/interrupted something rather important to her). Don't worry...”

Sedit Caravan Office
Using binoculars on the strange wall section it says: “You see a secret door looking like regular wall. It seems to be locked.” It needs an “a” before regular (correct).

Sheriff Carpenter (kidnapping)
- During the kidnapping when learning from the nanny that the kidnappers are hiding in Little Hub the player reports to Carpenter and then replies: “So what do you want to do with Little Hub?” That is correct but instead “with” it could also be “about”, as “with” refers more to little Hub itself as the kidnappers hiding there (but not a big deal). To this Carpenter replies “Fine, I'll have my people turn the place inside out. They'll...I'll have them take down everyone who just as little as smells suspicious.” My English source suggests “who smells the least bit suspicious.”
- After finding the kidnapper note one can return to Carpenter who has the update: “Where is my son? Have you found anything out, damn it?! Those crooks sent me a request for ransom! They...” A “request for ransom” is rather polite and “ransom demand” may be better (correct).
- When learning of Vex one can report back and say “He was kidnapped and is held by a gang from Albuquerque. They operate there completely openly. Their leader is someone called Vex.” The phrase “completely openly” is a bit strange. What about “They operate there in (broad daylight) (and under the uncaring eye of the authorities). There leader is a (street thug) called Vex.”
- After reporting that Vex kidnapped the boy he says “I'll send there all my people from the Sedit police! They will deal with all those fuckers, every one of 'em!” The “there” needs to be at the end of the sentence (correct), like “I'll send my entire police force to that damn place! They will deal with those fuckers, every (last) one of 'em!”

Kidnapper at the pen of Crimson caravan
A player (speech) option is: “Why so grumpy? I'm just trying to spare a word or two. Did you hear the latest word on the streets?” Word is used twice and “spare a word” is a bit odd (correct). Perhaps “Why so grumpy? Can't you spare a few seconds to hear the latest word on the streets?”.

David
-When looking at David (moving the cursor onto him), after introduction, it says “You See David”. The “s” in “see” is capitol.

Gabriel (learning that Vex is behind the kidnapping)
- Learning that Vex is behind the kidnapping, triggers a comment by Gabriel (he wants to sell information to Vex). One reply option is the nice “But we have to help that boy...” to which Gabriel replies: “I don't give a shit what's gonna happen to that brat. Vex is going to decide that, unless you give me 2500 caps. And let me tell you right away, it won't be something that would bring his parents easy sleeping.” The “easy sleeping” part is a bit unusual and the transition from “Vex” to “pay” is odd as it basically says “Vex will decide, unless you pay me”, but the payment is actually about Gabriel not telling Vex, and only theoretically about stopping Vex's decision. This is basically established in the dialogue before, but it's also a bit of a leap. Perhaps: “I don't give a shit what's gonna happen to that brat. Vex is going to decide that, all I want is 2500 caps, either from you or Vex/him. But/And let me tell you right away, whatever Vex plans, it won't be something that would let his parents sleep at night/bring his parents any sleep at night.”
- A reply to that (Gabriel telling Vex) is “You fucker, I won't give you a chance to rat out on me. I'm gonna kill you!” Needs to remove the “out” (correct), like: “..to rat on me. I'm gonna kill you first!”.
- When letting him go (after learning that Vex is responsible) he replies “As you wish. I'm fucking curious whether you'll end up cut up into more pieces than that little brat, you dickhead. [You watch him leaving.]” This is correct but you may smooth “..end up cut up into...” to “whether they'll cut you into more” or (secondary choice) “...end up in more pieces than that...”. And it can say either “leaving” or “leave”, both is fine, but the latter (“leave”) seems more typical in these dialogues.
- The other option of letting him go (after saying “I don't have that much”) has the same phrase: Gabriel's reply is “Well that's some fucked up situation you're in. I'm gonna...whether you'll end up cut up into more pieces...” And you could say instead “whether they'll cut you into more” or (secondary choice) “end up cut into more”.

Doctor Linsday
-The dialogue after he had a floater exchange with Lystra. This is the version when he's on hostile terms with the player. He says “Yes, but the two of us have nothing to say to each other anymore. The fact that Lystra is with you doesn't change anything. I just hope that she is fully aware of what kind of person she is travelling with.” The reply is “As you wish doctor. Bye.” In this case I wouldn't use “As you wish doctor. Bye” as Linsday is accusing the player, and a more disagreeing tone like: “I guess there is no point in arguing then. Goodbye, doctor.” may be better.

Lystra
-When approaching doctor Linsday in Corath there are two floater exchanges (before and after having talked to Falcon). In both is a wrong tense. In the first (before talking to Falcon) they just small talk and Lystra says “...player-name [she pointed at you] must be getting bored...” that's in the present, as she is pointing right now, and it should be “points”. And after talking to Falcon she talks about Sindian and during that is a “...[she described Sindian]...” again describing him happens in the present and should be “describes”.
-When operating the Miner in Corath it says at one point: “[Lystra takes the scalpel and gently...She then cuts out a piece of skull which she removed with pliers.] I am removing the depressed part of the bone.” The sudden past tense is wrong and it needs to be “...she removes with...” or to connect it with her direct speech that comments on her actions “...and proceeds to remove it with pliers.] I am now removing...”
-Learning that Vex is the kidnapper, one can ask why no one has taken care of Vex yet and she says “That is a good question. Unfortunately, the other immigrants are afraid of him, and all the Hunters are interested in are people with signs of mutation. But the Hunters would not like if the imperial army carried out an operation in the Suburbs. I wish that was the only reason. The City has tuned out the outside world so much nobody cares about what happens outside. Our army could easily interfere and it would cost us almost nothing. That is not the same thing as opening up to the whole world. It would just mean helping people who live right outside our gates. But as you probably can guess, there aren't many people within the City who share my opinion.”
It seems there is a transmission missing (the piece the “but” in the Hunters sentence refers to) and it could include a “We could do something, but the Hunters...”. Then it could add an “it” after “the Hunters would not like (it) if...” and “The City has tuned out the outside world so much nobody cares about what happens outside.” has outside twice and it could say “The City has tuned out the outside world to such a degree that nobody cares (what happens/about it) anymore.” As a whole: “That is a good question. Unfortunately, the other immigrants are afraid of him, and all the Hunters are interested in are people with signs of mutation. (We could do something), but the Hunters would not like (it) if the imperial army carried out an operation in the Suburbs. I wish that was the only reason. The City has tuned out the outside world (to such a degree that nobody cares what happens anymore). Our army could easily interfere and it would cost us almost nothing. That is not the same thing as opening up to the whole world. It would just mean helping people who live right outside our gates. But as you probably can guess, there aren't many people within the City who share my opinion.”

Kidnapper
-The contact man in AQ. When he asks “Whatdaya want?” One can replay “I'm looking for a man who was trying to arrange a private caravan in Sedit Caravans not long ago.” It needs to be “with Sedit Caravans” (the company) or “in Sedit” (the city) (correct). And perhaps try to avoid the double caravan like: “I'm looking for a man who arranged a private transport with Sedit Caravans not long ago.”, but that's a detail.
- A reply option to the contact man is “How about you told me a little bit more, for a nice sum of caps, that is.” Which is the wrong tense, needs to be “tell” not “told” (correct). Perhaps “How about you (tell) me a little bit more (instead), for a nice sum of caps, that is.”

Vex
-Using the Black Widow option: “[Vex's roughness and aggressiveness are nothing pleasant, but you pretend to like it until he let you turn him on his back with you on top. When you feel he's about to cum, you stretch above him so you can reach the knife above his head. Doing that sticks your breasts in front of Vex's face, who starts licking your left nipple.]” It's “...until he lets you turn...” and not “let” (correct), also “stretch above him” is a bit odd (correct) and it could be “...you stretch until you can reach the knife above his head. Doing so sticks your...” and (optional) Vex may actually bite, instead licking the nipple “...Doing so sticks your breasts in front of Vex's face, who takes the chance to bite your left nipple. Pain flashes up your body.]” or “who takes the chance to close his lips around your left nipple. A second later you feel his bite and pain flashes, sharp and quickly, up your body.]” May also reduce HP as does the non-Black Widow option.
- Following that sequence is “[In a moment, Vex screams and cums into you, and you use the opportunity to cut his throat with one lightning-fast strike of his knife.]” I think that should be “inside you...” not “into” (i.e. he is already “into” the player and is now “coming inside”, which is also the usual expression) (correct).

Vex's Head
The item description says “The head of Vex, the gang leader from Albuquerque suburbs, skilfully cut off at the neck.” Needs a “the” before Albuquerque (correct), or remove “suburbs”. Or perhaps (for fun): “The head of Vex, (ex-) gang leader from the Albuquerque suburbs, skilfully cut off at the neck.”

Falber
When waking up after the Endurance surgery it says: [You were in the same shape as before on the day after the operation, and every passing day it got even better. You feel...”
This is fine (correct) but perhaps a bit complicated with all the days (also correct) and: “[You were back to your usual self only one day after the operation, and with every passing day your condition improved (considerably/notably). You feel...” may be smoother.

Paul
Starting the quest and learning of the Stun Baton he says: “Cool, here's your stun baton. Unlike the cattle prods you might've seen before, this baton is made to not kill. Though...” Needs to be “not to kill” (correct)
-Before the fourth hunt he says: “A small group of Albuquerque tribals just went gecko hunting. They're usually...We know where they're headed, so find suitable place, hide, wait for them, and pick them up...” It needs an “a” before “suitable place” (correct).

Gurgan
Agreeing to attack the hospital one can say: “You can count me in, too. No way I'm missing on that.” Needs to be “...missing out on that.” (correct)

Kraig
When applying as a Mutant Hunter while being a Tribe Friend he says: “Hey, it's not for me to decide. But the fact is...Besides, I don't think we could count on you being able to crack down on the mutants from their ranks if necessary.” Needs to be “in” or “among” their ranks” not “from” (correct).
Muttie
Idolized

Post by Muttie »

A few more typos and some suggestions. I think it's mostly progress and only sometimes regress. :wink:

Items
In Fallout all weapon names always start with a capital letter (like Rocket Launcher or Laser Rifle). Other items do, too, except for those small words (like: the, of, a, with, etc., well mostly). In Resurrection most new items and weapons are spelled grammatically correct (Rocket launcher or Laser rifle), but that's a break in the game's design. I'm not so much bothered by Misc items, but the new weapons could adjust to keep that unity.
Those weapons/ammo/armours are: .44 Magnum FMJ (111, that's an old Fallout 2 one), Vex's Knife (517), Metal Armor with Nomex-Kevlar Fiber (579 and following), Plasma Cannon, Anti-Material Rifle, Light Grenade Launcher, 40mm Explosive Grenade, 40mm Armor-Piercing Grenade, Heavy Grenade Launcher, Large Knife, DKS-501 Pistol, Apollo Laser Pistol, Browning Rifle, P95 Plasma Rifle, Annihilator Shotgun, Light Plasma Rifle, Stun Baton.
Items are (but quest items don't matter as much as weapons, imo, i.e. it's not as if there is a “Plasma Rifle” and a “P95 plasma rifle” which grates on my nerves :)): A Key (298, that's an old one from FO2), Nestor's Golden Tooth (429), Letter from the Grave (534 and following), Gnawed-up Note, Sheriff's Hip Flask, A Copy of the Sheriff's Hip Flask, Disgusting Necklace, Vex's Head, Ruby Necklace, Plate of Food, Gauss Rifle Blueprints, Red Access Card (5 times), CPU Card, Bag of Body Parts, Ransom Note, Electronic Part, Clark's Hooch, Piece of Paper, Paper with a Note, Electronic Key, A Sleeve Shred.

Alexa/Rat Hole
After the blackmail of Alexa, and being escorted out of town the “text window” reads: “Alexa's mercenaries marched you out from the city. It seems your newly acquired wealth tempted them, but the fear of Alexa prevailed in the end, so they let you go.” That needs to be either “escorted you out of the city” or “escorted you from the city”, not “out from”. And it is better to use “escorted” than “marched” (all correct).

Kevin/Sedit
When asking him to arrange a private transport for the ghoul's of Falcon Flight he rejects the notion and says: “You can forget about that. I'm not helping those filthy ghouls. If...We don't deal with ghouls.” And the reply is “As you think, Kevin. Bye.” I don't think the reply is optimal, and perhaps: “I see. Never mind then, bye.” or “Have it your way, Kevin. Bye.” or “I guess that's your final word? Well, never mind, see you later, Kevin.” or “Sorry, I asked. [roll your eyes.] I'll be off then.” may be better. (Especially never-mind may be a fitting, non-committal reply in this case.)

Linsday/Corath
When searching for Sindian, Lystra and Linsday have a floater exchange. I think there are two more false tenses (it's a bit hard to check those floaters). The starting line by Linsday is always “How can I he...[A wide smile appeared on his face.]” That needs to be “appears”. And during the exchange (after talking to Falcon), a floater by Linsday starts with “[He was lost in memory for a moment then suddenly the smile on his face froze.]...” And as this is happening right now it should be “[He is lost in memory for a while, then suddenly his smile freezes.]...”. Which is also shorter (good for floaters).

Keri on Drools
When dropping Drools from the party she says “You're finally past that killer mutated monsters fancy?” This (“killer mutated monsters”) isn't working (correct). I would say the order needs to be “You're finally past that killer-mutant-monster fancy (of yours)?”, if she is just dropping random words (which is a bit funnier, as it's like saying “that thing of yours”). Or, if talking more coherently “You're finally past that fancy for mutated killer-monsters?” or “You're finally over your obsession with mutated killer-monsters?”

Keri when picked up again
After she stopped waiting and returned home, she'll say: “Surprised to see me? You thought I'd wait for you until the end of time? I thought you were dead. That would be a solid excuse to use as an explanation why you didn't show up for so long. For your own good, I'll assume you'd had a damn good reason...” The sentence is fine but you could simplify it to “...I thought you were dead. Which would have made a great excuse for not showing up for so long. For your own good, I'll assume you'd had a damn good reason...”. However, I'm not sure if that is much better or just different. But the “excuse...explanation” of the original is a bit clunky. Perhaps “...I thought you were dead. Which, at the very least, would have made a great excuse for not showing up for so long. For your own good, I'll assume you'd had a damn good reason...” for more emphasize? Not sure...

Lystra on Drools
Floater: “::She whispers, scared.:: You're out of your mind. I'm not leaving this place until you get rid of that floater. As a matter of fact, I won't move an inch any further. That'll be for the best.” The last bit “...an inch any further...” doesn't work (correct) perhaps just “..move an inch. That'll...” as she says “I'm not leaving until” and then goes on adding “in fact, I'm not going to move an inch” so I would just scratch the “any further” or use “...As a matter of fact, I won't move at all. That'll probably be for the best.”.

Asmodeus's Journal
[620915], second paragraph: “It was not easy. It took lots of sacrifice, but now I can feel that success is in the air. Years of disregard and mockery from Morpheus and the others is finally over. From now on, I shall be the one to laugh!”. It needs to be “...air. Years...others are finally over”. Not “is finally over” as years is plural (correct). And you may consider “success is within reach.” instead “success is in the air.”
[650913], first paragraph: “Be damned world! One of the...I discovered that Forced Evolutionary Virus used as primary neurotransformer mutated heavily...” Needs a “the” before FE Virus (correct) and wouldn't it be better to add commas “...I discovered that (the) Forced Evolutionary Virus(,) used as (a) primary neurotransformer(,) mutated heavily since the last test, and ceased to serve its original purpose. I...” for more clarity.
[650913], second paragraph it says: “The autopsy, however, indicated that I'm on the right track. The neural organizer worked the way it was supposed to be in the beginning, altering the tele-cortext structure properly. After a couple of minutes the FEV became unstable, attacking the somatic tissue which, unfortunately, led to exitus. Obviously...” I assume “tele-cortext” is supposed to be “tele-cortex”? And “in the beginning” is wrong (correct) and needs to be “The neural organizer worked the way it was supposed to (at first), altering...”. And then perhaps adjust for clarity “The autopsy, however, indicated that I'm on the right track. The neural organizer worked the way it was supposed to (at first), altering the (tele-cortex) structure properly. (Only then, after) a couple of minutes(,) (did) the FEV (become unstable and attacked) the somatic tissue which, unfortunately, led to (the creature's) exitus. Obviously...” which helps to make the meaning clearer.
[691224] “I can feel my ultimate goal is at hand. Sometimes I speculate why was I predestined to be the next great leader of the world. I...” Needs to be “...why I was...” (correct).
- Then it says “Blinded by his utopic visions of harmony, he failed to see that the proper way to establish power only lays through massive violence. He...” Utopic, needs to be “utopian” (correct) and “lays through” is wrong (correct) and needs to be “...he failed to see that the proper way to establish power only lies in massive violence. He...” or “that the true way to power is only paved by ruthless violence.” or “that true power can only be established (through/by applying) massive violence.”
- Then it says “...The entire Unity was smothered in his utopic dreams. It was always meant to fall. The...” Utopic is wrong, and needs to be “utopian” (correct). And “fall” could be a typo and mean actually “fail”, which seems a bit more fitting.
- Then “...Perhaps I should have disposed of my robe, my only connection with Children of the Cathedral, but...” It probably needs a “the” before Children. However, that's a bit weird in English (for example, it's: With Amnesty International. With the Salvation Army. With Scotland Yard. With the Yard. With the CIA. And I would say with the COC and with the Children of the Cathedral. And I think that's how Fallout 1 handles it, too.)

MacGyver
- He says “Yes. The water is not a problem, it requires a bit of a skill to make it in makeshift conditions, but if you have a piece of paper, half of your work is already done. I actually have bigger concern about a cooling device to keep the ice from melting.” That needs to be “a bit of skill” not “a bit of a skill” (I think, although it may be OK as slang perhaps? Not sure?) and “concerns” instead “concern” (correct). Or, rephrase “I'm actually more concerned about the cooling device that keeps the ice from melting.”
- Then he says “I'm just a man that helps wherever the help is needed. Besides rescuing people out of trouble I mostly engaged in protecting the environment and I was pretty successful in it. I was able to prevent the continuous destruction of nature. It's a shame that the nuclear war turned all my efforts to ashes. But...” It needs a “was” in “...I (was) mostly engaged...” (correct).
- He says: “When I heard that warheads were fired, I wanted to stop it. A crafty switch of some wires in any control center would do the trick, but when I was heading there, looting and violence broke out. So I was helping in any way I could. I was preventing looting, restraining...and so on. Ultimately I only had time to...” I think it's better to use “simple” instead “crafty” as MacGyver is more the friendly type, who keeps thinking all this is very simple and everyone can do it, and then it needs to be “...would have done the trick...” instead “would do” (correct)
- When building the Alien Blaster he says: “Oh look, I will be able do something with these...” It's missing the “to” before “do”.
- And after building the Alien Blaster he says: “It surely doesn't; it has to have some other use. Guns are bad, I would never craft one. You'll surely come up with some better use, I believe you.” Wouldn't it be better to say: “...some better use. I believe in you.” or “...some better use for it. I trust you'll do the right thing.” Especially as “I believe you” is more a reply to something the player said, but in this case MacGyver just decides to trust the player (i.e. “I trust you”, not “I believe you”). Or “It surely doesn't; it has to have some other use. Guns are bad, I would never craft one. (There must be a) better use. (For example, you could turn it into a water pistol and feed (thirsty) deathclaws with it. Something useful and safe. Anyway, I trust you'll do the right thing.)”

Spammers
The window text says “Four ragged losers are approaching you. They seem bored and look like they've got some screws loose in their heads. They constantly shout out some stupid nonsense.” You can remove the “in their heads” part (correct). “some screws loose.” is sufficient and more common.

Refugees headed (corrected: heading) for AQ/Encounter
When looking at the man/woman it says “You see a [man/woman] from the refugee group. They hardly had time to save their lives, they could only take whatever they could grab very fast, and now they are looking for someplace to start a new life.” The “very fast” bit doesn't work so well (correct), and you may use “...grab in the nick of time, and...” instead. Or use “You see a [man/woman] from the refugee group. They hardly had time to save their lives, and carry nothing but the clothes on their backs. Now, they are looking for someplace to start a new life (with the little they have left).”

Yaotzin/AQ
When talking about the Mutated Toe he says “I know it is most unpleasant, but it is the only way how to save you. Should you resist, I'll be forced to execute your termination.” The “how” is superfluous and can be removed, just “...but it is the only way to save you...” (correct) or more elaborated “...but it is the only way to (contain/prevent) the malign spread of mutation. Should...” And the word “execute” means to “carry out” and perhaps he should say “order” as in commanding. As he probably rather orders someone to kill the player rather than carrying it out himself. Perhaps “...Should you resist, I'll be forced to order your termination.” or “...I'll be forced to have you executed.”

Kraig/AQ
After protesting for having had one's leg chopped off for humanity he says “Look, if you're so careless that you'd let a mutation grow on you leg, you really don't belong here. You can't...” It needs to be “grow on your leg” not “you” (correct).

Lystra/AQ
When attempting to recruit her with insufficient karma she says: “Your offer sounds interesting, but I don't trust you. I've met my share of people outside the City and you strike me as just the kind of person I can never be certain about when you will try to rob or kill me. I'm sorry. My conclusion...” And the player replies “As you think. Bye.” This is another case were “as you think” could be more reactive. Perhaps “Perhaps I can change your mind in the future and convince you to trust me. Until then, farewell, Lystra.” or less positive “Suit yourself, but you may reconsider in the future. Bye.”
If one is a Mutant-Hunter (and recruiting her should be impossible) one could reply in a more final manner like: “I see.” Or “I understand. Bye.” instead.
Also I'm not sure about “...I've met my share of people outside the City and you strike me as just the kind of person I can never be certain about when you will try to rob or kill me...” It's correct but feels a bit complicated, like two sentences merged together, perhaps (...never be certain about. Once out there, you could try to rob or kill me. I'm...”) or remove the “when you will try to rob or kill me” part, just “...I can never be certain about. I'm sorry...”. Both is a bit smoother (correct).

Paul/AQ
After collecting the savages in AQ and talking to Paul he says: “Hey, I thought catching all the tribals in the city...I can't help but think that doctor was counting on us having to gather every one of them all along. That guy...” That's a bit complicated and difficult to understand, and it would it be better to simplify it to “...I can't help but think that doctor was (planning/intending) to gather every one of them all along...” or “...I can't help but think that doctor's intention was to gather every (single) one of them all along...” As the point is that Falber always had this planned, and not so much that he was counting on some escalating scenario that would make it necessary for Paul to do so. Or, if that is the intended meaning you may use: “I can't help but think that doctor knew we would be forced to gather every single one of them (in the end), and was counting on it all along.” which is clearer than “...was counting on us having to gather...”. (correct)

Kidnapping Quest:

Kevin/Sedit
Making the “I've got a very lucrative offer” for a private caravan:
- Kevin says “Leave that to my consideration. What kind of deal are we talking here?” Perhaps “Leave that (decision/consideration) to me. What...” is better (correct).
- And the player says “I need to set up a private caravan. I've been told you're the person who won't have a problem with that.” It may be better to say: “...I've been told you are the person to talk to.” as it insinuates the same (doing something illegal) and sounds less odd. (correct)
- And the player reply: “Okay. I want to transport goods to Albuquerque, without unnecessary fuss and without questions. Go make sure everything's ready, the caravan must depart immediately as soon as you receive the goods. People who'll hand it to you will also pay for your services. Understood?” The immediately doesn't work (correct) and you could just remove it, or use “...must depart the moment you...”. And the last sentence is a bit muddled, especially the “it”. Perhaps: “...The people who'll hand you the “package” will also pay for its transport. Understood?”

Nanny/Sedit
- Out in the garden, she says “[She gave you a frightened look.] I don't want to know anything. Do what you have to do and go away quickly.” The tense is wrong: “[She gives you a...”.
- At the CC pen she says “You know, they interrogated me. They didn't believe my story. Please listen to me! It was terrible but I didn't say anything! I've come to warn you they're after something. [As she's speaking, you've noticed a few cops heading your direction.]” It's missing a few commas (after “please” and “warn you”), and the last bit is missing an “in” after heading and it uses the wrong tense (“you notice” instead “you've noticed”). Change to something like: “...[As she's speaking, you notice a group of cops heading (towards you/in your direction).]” (correct)

Cop/Sedit
Delivering the ransom note, he says: “It's about time you showed up. Whatever Vex wants, the money must be good enough for it. It's fucking dangerous around Carpenter these days. [The cop seems calm but the amount of cigarette butts at his feet tells a different...” The “Whatever Vex wants, the money must be good enough for it.” is not correct and could be “Whatever Vex wants, the money better be worth it.”. (correct)

Vex/AQ
- When receiving the quest he says ”They have a sheriff in Sedit. The old geezer is loaded as fuck. And I'll show that cop what happens to guys like him, he'll be real happy to give me all his caps yet. When I have his son, he'll be damn agreeable.” The “yet” is not correct and needs to be removed (as “yet” makes a connection between past and presence (“I haven't done it, yet”), but all this kidnapping business is in the future). Perhaps “...him. He hasn't given me all his caps, yet, but he will. Because once I have his son he'll be damn agreeable.”. But you could also just remove the “yet”. And use “once” instead “when” like: “...all his caps. Once...”.
- Return after the ransom note he says: “You'll take part in the exchange. You'll be the one that takes the money. Because you're more capable than all the idiots working for me! And you also know better than to take what belongs to me. All those caps are mine. You'll get your share when you bring them back. [He smiles.] You won't cross me. [It sounds more like a threat than what he believes.]” The last is a bit muddled and can be difficult to understand (what is it that he believes? That it's more threatening than he thinks? Or does he think that's it not a threat at all?). I believe the idea is to say that “You won't cross me” is not meant as a threat at all by Vex, but sounds like one, as the player knows that Vex is a psycho even when he appears friendly or trusting. And the friendliness is somewhat making it more creepy. However, the original is not making it very clear. A simple solution could be “...[It sounds like a threat.]” or “...[You can't tell if it's a threat or not.]” or “...[You can't tell if it is meant as a threat.]” to underline the ambivalence and leave it open how much Vex intended or realizes. Otherwise you may consider to use one of the following: “...[It does not sound as reassuring as Vex may think. You shudder.]” or “...[It sounds (a lot more threatening/more like a threat) than Vex may realize.]” or “...[You shudder at the implication.]” or [His (smile/trust in you) does not put you at ease. (You barely suppress a shudder).] or [The (smile on Vex's face/tone of his voice) (has nothing reassuring about it/runs a shiver down your spine).] or “...[You barely suppress a shudder at the implication of his words, but Vex seems not to notice.]” I really can't make up my mind about this one. But I like the last one. Perhaps.
- When reporting back (during the kidnapping) without having done the current task he says “[Vex keeps his eyes fixed on his knife, as if he was watching every detail of its blade.] You're supposed to be in Sedit. Your job won't get any easier if I cut of all your fingers. So get going. [He finally looks at you.] What the...” I think it's better to say “...[Vex keeps his eyes fixed on his knife, as if (studying) every detail of its blade.]...” And it needs to be “cut off” not “of”. (correct). Otherwise it needs to be “as if he were studying” not “was”. (correct)

Exchange/Backpack
When trying to drop the backpack with caps it says (in the text window) “You can't being yourself to throw away the backpack full of caps.” Needs to be “bring” instead “being”. (correct)

Tyler Morrow quest:

Tyler Morrow/Sedit
-He says when offering his first quest “Wait, I know you, you're the bodyguard I've seen with Sanchez. Hm, a Rodriguez's man could come in handy. You interested in an extra job?” Either it's “...one of Rodriguez's men...” (plural) or “...a Rodriguez man...” (singular).

Jeffrey the cop/Sheriff's villa gate
-When asking him to swap flasks he asks “But I'd like to know why I should do it.” The should is wrong. The should is (2000 caps, aka: because I pay you) but what he wants to know is what it is he is doing. And he should ask something like “But I'd like to know what I'm getting into.” or “But I'd like to know why.” (...you want me to do it.”).
-After he wants to know why, he says “OK, if you say it like that, forget I said anything.” May be better as “...if you put it that way, forget...” or “OK, in that case, forget I asked.” (correct)