Broken Perk - Bonus HtH Damage

What do you think about the game? Share your experiences. You can ask other players for advice about quests, or report bugs here as well. POSSIBLE SPOILERS!

Moderators: Ratman, Seto, Saruman, feťák8, valcik, NovaRain

Ractaros96
Idolized

Broken Perk - Bonus HtH Damage

Post by Ractaros96 »

I've started playing Resurrection mod today and everything works fine to me. My character has reached level 3 and I wanted to pick Bonus HtH Damage perk, but it seems to be broken. There is no Unarmed and Melee Damage increase. Before perk I've had 9 points of Melee Damage and after, it should rise to 11, but there is no change.
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Re: Broken Perk - Bonus HtH Damage

Post by Daemon »

Hi, I have tried it and while it doesn't show it in melee damage number, character does indeed hit for more damage.
Ractaros96
Idolized

Post by Ractaros96 »

I think that solves the problem. Thanks for reply.
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Post by Daemon »

Anyway, we'll look into it more, although it seems to be Sfall bug. Thanks for the report.
NovaRain
Liked

Post by NovaRain »

Daemon wrote:Anyway, we'll look into it more, although it seems to be Sfall bug. Thanks for the report.
It's not actually a bug but an intended change. The Bonus HtH fix since 2.10a treats the perk the same ways as Bonus Ranged Damage: +2 damage to unarmed/melee attacks instead of +2 to "Melee Damage" derived stat, which only increase the max damage displayed (basically that only increases average damage by 1 point, not 2 as the perk should do), so it didn't show the numerical changes in both character and inventory screens anymore. In vanilla Bonus Ranged Damage didn't change your ranged weapon damage displayed in the inventory either.

In newer version of sfall there's an option to show the numerical change in the inventory. (e.g. with Bonus Ranged Damage level 1, 10mm Pistol will display "DAM 7-14" in the inventory instead of the default "DAM 5-12". Same goes with Bonus HtH Damage fix.) That's why I asked about RoRes' custom sfall in another thread. I know you probably focus on the stability, but It's still a bit weird to me that you didn't update the included sfall and hi-res patch.

EDIT: Sorry for off-topic, but the included party orders add-on (party_op.ini) is still in Czech, will it get translated as well?
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Post by Daemon »

NovaRain wrote:EDIT: Sorry for off-topic, but the included party orders add-on (party_op.ini) is still in Czech, will it get translated as well?
It turned out that we have forgot about the texts in this files. We'll translate it soon.