Ways to increase SPECIAL stats in Resurrection

What do you think about the game? Share your experiences. You can ask other players for advice about quests, or report bugs here as well. POSSIBLE SPOILERS!

Moderators: Ratman, Seto, Saruman, feťák8, valcik, NovaRain

Ractaros96
Idolized

Ways to increase SPECIAL stats in Resurrection

Post by Ractaros96 »

I've played a little bit in Resurrection, got to Albuquerque. I've started with unarmed fighting oriented character - S10 P2 E10 C3 I10 A10 L2. It made fighting in starting locations quite easy, but in the endgame i think that big guns or energy weapons are still better. I want to create next character that's SPECIAL stats will allow to increase them in-game. I've found 3 ways of rising those stats in-game:

1. Perks, as same as in base Fallout 2, that goes for all 7 stats.
2. Hospital in Albuquerque, all except Luck.
3. Implants at Mutant Hunter's base ???

Now, my question is: Can you use both method 2 and 3 in the same gameplay? I also would appreciate if you could tell me, what stats you can increase with implants. Also are those all possible ways to increase SPECIAL stats in Resurrection?
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Re: Ways to increase SPECIAL stats in Resurrection

Post by Daemon »

There aren't implants for raising stats, so the hospital is your only option. There's a way to increase luck by 1 in one instance, but it may be problematic to gain if you let yourself to be operated in the hospital.
Ractaros96
Idolized

Post by Ractaros96 »

I talked with that Japanese scientist at Mutant Hunter's Base. He told me that Implants research is on hold, so I assumed that I would need to do some quest to enable that option of increasing SPECIAL stats.
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Post by Daemon »

He's busy figuring out how to more effectively killing mutants :-)

It's there as an acknowledgement of the existence of these implants in the Fallout universe (since they were in the previous Fallout games) and explanation that they're beyond they current capabilities. Although I see how you (as the player) can expect quest from even that small mention. In this case, there isn't.
ronn1e
Neutral

Tribal shaman in ABQ

Post by ronn1e »

After a ritual with this shaman i've lost 1 Luck. i think it depends on carma. Can anyone confirm that good carma can give +1 luck after ritual?
NovaRain
Liked

Re: Tribal shaman in ABQ

Post by NovaRain »

Yes, karma greater than 100 will give your +1 Luck.