FPS Drops

What do you think about the game? Share your experiences. You can ask other players for advice about quests, or report bugs here as well. POSSIBLE SPOILERS!

Moderators: Ratman, Seto, Saruman, feťák8, valcik, NovaRain

randomuser
Neutral

FPS Drops

Post by randomuser »

So, I have been playing the game(and having a blast, loving it) and after starting some quests in Corath, the game's fps has constantly dropped to the point of being unable to play it and the only fix I found so far is to change windows(ctrl+tab) and back again, but this has to be done every 10 seconds. At first I thought it was related to save games for I had just saved the game before the fist fps drop started, but after deleting some old ones(it was 7, now just 4), nothing change. It's not only related to that save game, for whenever I start the executable, 10 seconds in and the fps drops. I can't even start a new game since this happens too. Does someone know how to fix it or what may be the reason?
I do not have a great computer, playing it on notebook, but it's good enough to run FO2 and other TC(Nevada and Olympus): Core i5-4210U, 4 GB of ram, win 7 64-bits.
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Re: FPS Drops

Post by Daemon »

Don't you remember what exactly have you been doing in Corath before it started?

Have you tried to simply restart the computer?
Maybe try to change the graphics mode in the Configuration Program, it could work better with the different one than you're using right now.
randomuser
Neutral

Post by randomuser »

I had just accepted the Police quest to find the murderer and after had the sheriff free Richie for me(the fps drops started just after the animation where the guy unlock his cell).

And yeah, I did try restart it and nothing changed.
Tried to change resolution and after using the original size, the fps stop drop and now it's working again. It's better than nothing, thanks. :D

Edit: After changing compatibility mode to Win 98, it worked on any resolution. :D
Thanks for the mod, I'm loving it <3
Stronk
Neutral

Post by Stronk »

Thanks for the compatibility mode tip, I'll know what to do if I hit the same problem (I have not reached that town yet). Also using Win 7 x64.