[Solved] New Hope turned hostile on me (SPOILERS INSIDE)

What do you think about the game? Share your experiences. You can ask other players for advice about quests, or report bugs here as well. POSSIBLE SPOILERS!

Moderators: Ratman, Seto, Saruman, feťák8, valcik, NovaRain

Stronk
Neutral

[Solved] New Hope turned hostile on me (SPOILERS INSIDE)

Post by Stronk »

So I have recruited Mutt and the girl, helped Julian's side to win in Rat Hole (got some sweet gear out of it too), and went back to New Hope to deliver the letter and to finish the cave quest as I was way too weak in the beginning to deal with the creatures there. But as soon as I enter New Hope, I am kicked into battle mode and all the citizens turn hostile on my party which I didn't expect to happen. Is this normal? I have no intention to massacre everyone...

Now that I think of it, I have -47 karma because of some... :oops: questionable choices I made earlier. That may have something to do with it...?

If you're familiar with the situation, please don't spoil it, just say if the village's hostility is to be expected or not. I'd like to figure it out myself. :D
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Re: New Hope turned hostile on me (SPOILERS INSIDE)

Post by Daemon »

New Hope shouldn't turn hostile on you without a reason nor because of karma. Are you sure you haven't done something to them before you left? For example make hostile one of the villagers by saying something aggressive? Or didn't you accidentally attack their hunters during gecko hunting?

Can you upload your save before entering hostile New Hope? I would like to check it. Saves are in Fallout 2\Resurrection\resdata\SAVEGAME folder and each folder there is one save slot.
Stronk
Neutral

Post by Stronk »

Dropbox link to zipped save file. This is just before I leave Rat Hole to go back to New Hope.

Thanks for looking into this for me! :D
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Post by Daemon »

There is a women with a knife in her hand near the exit grid from New Hope. I think you have tried to steal from here and got caught (that turn her and the others hostile) and left the village after that :-)
Stronk
Neutral

Post by Stronk »

Ah that would explain it... :oops: Yes I'm a thieving b'tard. :D The cops in Sedit donated about 15 Stimpaks to the cause, that got me through the Rat Hole fight, with just a knife and a Zip Gun between Keri and me. :P

Thank you for clarifying it! Looks like I'll have to kill them after all... Then again there is not much of value in that cave IIRC, so they may live to see another day. :twisted: I'm more interested in checking out the tunnel that leads to Lost Town, I've seen some stuff there that's worth getting my back scratched. 8)