Mutant Hunters attack me on sight. Help!

What do you think about the game? Share your experiences. You can ask other players for advice about quests, or report bugs here as well. POSSIBLE SPOILERS!

Moderators: Ratman, Seto, Saruman, feťák8, valcik, NovaRain

bmanblazer
Neutral

Mutant Hunters attack me on sight. Help!

Post by bmanblazer »

First of all, I wanted to say that THANK YOU for creating this mod-- I think it's amazing. The quests and scripting are both particularly impressive. I am having a blast playing it. But unfortunately I am running into an issue that's halting my progress. For no apparent reason the Mutant Hunters that are in Albuquerque near the Wild Paradise strip club attack me on sight with no dialogue warning. This started when I was level 8 apparently, I did a bunch of quests to level 10 before I noticed they were hostile so I basically will lose all that progress (12k caps and many weapons worth) if I want to step foot near the Mutant Hunters again :( -- frustrating.

Thank goodness I am a save freak. I have two save files literally an hour apart when I was lvl 8, the first where they are friendly, then in the 2nd one they attack me on sight. Pretty sure the ONLY thing I did was get Lystra as a companion in that hour. No idea why that would cause them to become hostile. Here are the two save files below. slot 7 is my level 10 save

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/469 ... sSaves.zip

Thank you!
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Re: Mutant Hunters attack me on sight. Help!

Post by Daemon »

Thanks for the save files. I'll look into it when I get home (I'm at work right now).
bmanblazer
Neutral

Post by bmanblazer »

Cheers.

It may be worth noting that the guards for the Mutant Hunters' base are not hostile, only the ones in/near the strip club. Very odd IMO. I figured out that fortunately I can sneak by the hostile ones, so *perhaps* not all progress will be lost. Thanks again for looking into it.
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Post by Daemon »

Isn't possible that some of them caught you trying to pickpocket them?
bmanblazer
Neutral

Post by bmanblazer »

I don't think so. I never pickpocketed any of the Mutant Hunters, only folks in Rat Hole.
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Post by Daemon »

So I have tried it and it is very odd indeed. I have got them hostile only by walking in small space between Wild Paradise and Weapon shop. And only sometimes. So if you'll be carefully, you should be able avoid that small space. I'm sorry I haven't better advice for you right now, but this will need more thorough investigation. Thanks for the saves, they can help to discover the problem.
bmanblazer
Neutral

Post by bmanblazer »

No problem. After playing for a little while longer they seemed to have stopped being hostile altogether. Weird.

Thanks for looking into it.
Cylancer
Accepted

Post by Cylancer »

I have same problem. I'll send You save later. I have to check which file it is. It happened after talking to guard and gaining access to Imperial city. I was standing there for few seconds, suddenly combat started and i got killed. I reloaded and managed to enter the city before combat started. Now i cant return to that area without getting attacked.
Cylancer
Accepted

Post by Cylancer »

Daemon
Resurrection team member

Post by Daemon »

Thanks for the report and save. I'll check it.
Cylancer
Accepted

Post by Cylancer »

bmanblazer wrote:No problem. After playing for a little while longer they seemed to have stopped being hostile altogether. Weird.

Thanks for looking into it.
Can You confirm that and tell how long did You wait until they calm down.
Cylancer
Accepted

Post by Cylancer »

Any progress. Shall i start game from the beginning or do i wait some more. I managed to get out of the area, but can't return back without getting in in combat.
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Post by Daemon »

I didn't have time to check it yet, I didn't know it's urgent problem. Now I see I misread your post becase of missing apostrophe, I thought you can return without being attacked. More to the point, when I tried it from your save, I really could. I have entered the Imperial City and then returned to Hunters' Territory and Mutant Hunters weren't hostile. Have you tried it? Are they really still hostile when you return?
Cylancer
Accepted

Post by Cylancer »

My bad. I sent You the wrong file. But that solves my problem.
I use a temp. save to load/save often and numbers for major saves. I saved before entering and used that file. Unfortunately, that file is overwritten.
However, issue still exist. Now it isn't urgent. Until someone else run into it.
https://yadi.sk/d/AA8ZmhWKtiapK
Those are saves after it happened. Last one is when i managed to exit the area in other to wait a bit.

While I was writing this I remembered something. :idea: I didn't enter right away. I reloaded that file(slot3) and tried again. If You stand few seconds after talking with guard, combat begins. Solution is obvious, enter right away.
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Post by Daemon »

In these three saves, they're already completely hostile towards and nothing changes that. You didn't send me wrong save before. That one (21 - in front of the gate to the Imperial City) was exactly weird behavior I want to investigate. They're already hostile towards you, even without talking to guard, but when I enter the City and return, suddenly they're non-hostile. I'll look into it tomorrow. I have to ask, just to be sure - Didn't you edit your save files some way during your play?