Stuck in the Rebirth base

What do you think about the game? Share your experiences. You can ask other players for advice about quests, or report bugs here as well. POSSIBLE SPOILERS!

Moderators: Ratman, Seto, Saruman, feťák8, valcik, NovaRain

Altairp
Neutral

Stuck in the Rebirth base

Post by Altairp »

AKA how my poor character keeps getting blasted into oblivion.
No bugs, just terrible stats. Probably.

I've been playing this mod since the english version came out - had a blast, really - and I managed to create the character I wanted, get the companions I needed, and shape the towns in the game the way I desired. Everything went more or less smoothly, save for the quest where the son of a certain sheriff had to be saved (damn dying kids and ghoul patrol random encounters, I say!), but I still had a huge fun.

Now, I believe I'm nearing the end of my game. I reached the Rebirth base, entered the underground area (while leaving my companions behind, because reasons/low speech skill), and found out that I cannot figure out a way to go forward. My character cannot charm his way forth, mow the ugly ghouls down, hack terminals.. basically, his skills aren't high enough to work. I feel I could solve this by going back of a few hours and raise speech even more to fix the issue, but, I wonder: is there a way to finish the game with trippy skills?
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Re: Stuck in the Rebirth base

Post by Daemon »

Well, you need to specialize eventually. If you have middle-of-the-road character, that's a problem for sure. Best to go back and check if you haven't missed any quests that would help you rise the level.
But with trippy skills? You can get up to 3rd floor no matter the skills. Talk to as much ghouls you can and pay attention what they're saying. And you can even get face to face with the final boss from that. The question is though, if you'll be able to survive it.

A few tips:
- You can take party members with you. Find PA or robe for them.
- If you want to attack the Rebirth head on, you can find some small help for it.
- Apart from speech or science or strong combat skill, thieving skills can be useful as well to progress in the Rebirth base.
- There's a way to gain PA in the yellow levels of the Rebirth base.
Altairp
Neutral

Post by Altairp »

Yes, my character had small guns/lockpick/speech tagged - and those three skills were favoured over others - but I did the mistake of dropping some points in first aid (without ever using a first aid kit!) and, after the battle at the supermutant camp, big guns (before deciding that I wasn't going to use big guns). So, those three skills, speech included, aren't as high as they are supposed to be. My mistake!

I'll double-check the underground base for a way to get past Leonard, and see if I can reach the boss with my companions. If not, I'll go back of a few saves and fix my character.

(Also, I'm sure I completed all the quests in each city, save for some in the last one. Didn't do Vex's questline because I chewed trough his goons. Didn't do Mutant Hunters because I liked Lystra (?) too much. Can't start anything from the tribal chief because he doesn't trust me (karma too high, maybe?). Don't know how to start the quest for the Emperor (people talk about a misterious man who wants to overthrow the Empire, I think, not sure who I need to talk to to start his quests).
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Post by Daemon »

Altairp wrote:Don't know how to start the quest for the Emperor (people talk about a misterious man who wants to overthrow the Empire, I think, not sure who I need to talk to to start his quests).
That's quite long quest line you're missing. Starts by talking to man in "metal" armor at the bar in Wild Paradise. He'll send you to talk with Elisa.
Altairp
Neutral

Post by Altairp »

Thank you!

e; finished the game without firing a single shot in the Rebirth base. Loved it. Thank you guys for this awesome total conversion!
sultangurde
Accepted

Post by sultangurde »

Altairp wrote:Thank you!

e; finished the game without firing a single shot in the Rebirth base. Loved it. Thank you guys for this awesome total conversion!
I prefered bloody carnage on hard/combat hard difficulty. Wiped clean 3 floors of Rebirth Base yesterday. Science, repair, outdoorsman and first aid can be level up fully by books from library girl in Sedit.
Pelletti
Neutral

Post by Pelletti »

Hello all,
I'm stuck for a different reason. I talked to Savior, which prompted him to activate the self-destruct. At that moment I was like "holy shit, I need to act fast if I want to save those civvies!" So I bolted to the sixth floor, because that's where I was told the generators are. But I couldn't figure out what I was supposed to do there. I talked to the tech ghoul in charge, and he said something about crashing the Mr. Handy robot. I figured I must have missed something, so I went back to 5th floor and the Savior's office. It was then that I noticed a locker behind him, so I thought I'll take a peak. I found a security card, which I at first believed could be used in one of the 6th floor terminals. But when I go back there, Brian, the asshole, says he did a security check on me and now he's after my blood. I rushed through the mobs, just barely staying alive after every AI turn, and got to the computer next to the generators. Well, the card I found does nothing. I then went to the one further south, the one that's next to the window of the area where the Mr. Handy is. The card doesn't work in that computer either. So basically I'm clueless what I need to do. Even worse yet, the facility countdown might have bugged. I no longer see any prompts that the place is gonna blow up. And the worst thing, I've been constantly playing on a single save file. Am I screwed? Did I accidentally deny myself from seeing the ending?
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Post by Daemon »

Pelletti:
You're talking about two different things:
- Crashing Mr. Handy into a computer is one way to initiate destruction of the reactor. Since autodestraction has already been started, you don't have to worry about that.
- To help the prisoners, you have to destroy one of the generators that supply power to Red 4. There two generator with a computer between them. Either hack that computer or use explosives to destroy a generator.

Are you screwed? I don't know. You do such risky things and you used only one save :shock: All depends on whether you'll manage to escape the base in time. All you need to do is get to the surface and escape to the worldmap. You don't need to save the prisoners in order to end the game.
Pelletti
Neutral

Post by Pelletti »

Yeah, it was dumb of me to only use a single save all the time. I did once escape into the World Map when the countdown had started, but I had saved in between. I'm guessing if you save / load once the countdown has started, the countdown will get bugged, because the facility didn't blow up (and I ceased to get any of the prompts, like I mentioned earlier).

I'm going to try fetching some TNT and see if I can re-initiate the countdown in Savior's office. If it doesn't work... well I guess that was it for my playthrough. It's something you might want to look into if there are any plans for a future patch.
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Post by Daemon »

So when you have escaped, the game didn't end?

Saving itself shouldn't be problem. I guess it was combination with something else. Can you please upload your save so we can invastigate it? Save files are in Fallout 2\Resurrection\resdata\SAVEGAME folder and each folder there is one save slot.
valcik
Betatester

Post by valcik »

Hey guys, it's gossip time! Do you know that the Rebirth base got nerfed? Flock of armed ghouls was simply overwhelming before version 1.0, so Daemon reconsidered it and took some of them away. Blame Ratman, truly devilish person, who has opposed him in this matter! Just don't tell anybody, since this is confidential information. :mrgreen:
Celtic927
Neutral

Can't figure out Rebirth Base

Post by Celtic927 »

So I'm totally stuck in the Rebirth Base. I'm a combat heavy guy every GUN skill above 120. But I still find fighting the whole base a bit tedious. I read you can get some help, but I assume that's the hunters and I guess I told Sebastian too much about my past because everytime I give him the holodisk he knows I'm the 13th Reborn.

Any way I have 100 Science and I still fail every Hack. What's up with that. Also I can't find anyway to get to the 5th Floor without being attack instantly.

Does anyone have any suggestions.
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Re: Can't figure out Rebirth Base

Post by Daemon »

You need to gain red card with access to 5th floor. For example there's one to gain at Yellow 2 even without high speech or steal skill. Talk to people.
Or you can let a guard at red elevator take you directly to the Savior. Just tell him who you are.

You need higher science skill in order to hack computers at the base.
Celtic927
Neutral

Post by Celtic927 »

The red pass card I have makes me "Robert" and apparently Robert is in trouble for some unknown reason and I get immediately attacked when I make it the 5th Floor
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Post by Daemon »

Robert has access only to Red 4.