YK32 pulse pistol quest help

What do you think about the game? Share your experiences. You can ask other players for advice about quests, or report bugs here as well. POSSIBLE SPOILERS!

Moderators: Ratman, Seto, Saruman, feťák8, valcik, NovaRain

LifeTears
Liked

Re: YK32 pulse pistol quest help

Post by LifeTears »

Whistler wrote:Untrue. Chuck's stash is accesible at Traps 100, in one of the lockers. lower destroys it's content - Combat Armor and Pistol among others.
I don't think player can make pistol from blueprints, but Mutnt Hunters do posess thechnology for that in their base, so there is that.
Wrong, after you get pistol quest from mutant hunters talk to chuck and ask him if he has one for sale. Then say no thanks, enter combat and attack him, he will be shooting you with that pistol. Kill him and loot the pistol of his body.
Bruno
Neutral

Post by Bruno »

Hey guys maybe stupid question but how do
I get to imperial
City ?
LifeTears
Liked

Post by LifeTears »

Bruno wrote:Hey guys maybe stupid question but how do
I get to imperial
City ?
1)Talk to guy in metal armor in wild bar to start the quest which gives you free passage.
2)Bribe your way in from second guard
3)Get quest to find a boy in the imperial city will have access back and forth as long as quest is active
4)Get lystra as companion, perma access
Alazycat
Neutral

Post by Alazycat »

LifeTears wrote: 1)Talk to guy in metal armor in wild bar to start the quest which gives you free passage.
Sorry, but where is the wild bar again? Is that in Albuquerque?
LifeTears
Liked

Post by LifeTears »

Alazycat wrote:
LifeTears wrote: 1)Talk to guy in metal armor in wild bar to start the quest which gives you free passage.
Sorry, but where is the wild bar again? Is that in Albuquerque?
one area up where mutant hunter compound is, building at the back of it.
necromonger
Liked

Post by necromonger »

Ractaros96 wrote:
stamstamstam wrote:That quest is a bit of a mess for me.

**SPOILER**
I had to kill Chuck during the Velazquez quest, I can't access his stuff anymore! I think it was a bad idea to link that quest to the only NPC selling that gun.
From what I remember, he was also the only one selling the combat armor, I'm stuck with my shitty metal armor!

Please help!
You can get pulse gun blueprints from desk in room next to Lystra's in Imperial City. Mutant Hunter's will give you combat armor once you join them.
The desk is locked and I can't successfully pick the lock even though I have 75% lockpicking. WTF!
necromonger
Liked

Post by necromonger »

Ractaros96 wrote:You can buy it in a gunshop in Hunter's Territory for 10 000 caps.
The pistol is 12000 caps.
necromonger
Liked

Post by necromonger »

LifeTears wrote:
Whistler wrote:Untrue. Chuck's stash is accesible at Traps 100, in one of the lockers. lower destroys it's content - Combat Armor and Pistol among others.
I don't think player can make pistol from blueprints, but Mutnt Hunters do posess thechnology for that in their base, so there is that.
Wrong, after you get pistol quest from mutant hunters talk to chuck and ask him if he has one for sale. Then say no thanks, enter combat and attack him, he will be shooting you with that pistol. Kill him and loot the pistol of his body.
His corpse only has a shotgun and a key. So the only way to get the pistol is to buy it.
Ractaros96
Idolized

Post by Ractaros96 »

necromonger wrote:
Ractaros96 wrote:You can buy it in a gunshop in Hunter's Territory for 10 000 caps.
The pistol is 12000 caps.
The value depends on your barter skill.
Ractaros96
Idolized

Post by Ractaros96 »

necromonger wrote:
LifeTears wrote:
His corpse only has a shotgun and a key. So the only way to get the pistol is to buy it.
Then reload game before you killed him and try again. If he has got that pistol, then he should use it in fight. The fastest way is just to buy it.
RiC_David
Neutral

Post by RiC_David »

Unless this quest has been changed, nobody here has given the proper answer regarding Chuck.

[Spoilers]

The pulse pistol is not on his corpse, it's in the compartment in his counter/till/cash register. Click on the computer and you'll automatically loot it, it doesn't even seem to have a lockpicking requirement - you'll just receive a message and it'll be added to your inventory.

[Update - Easy method for joining the Hunters while keeping the pistol!]

So as expected, I was unable to pick the lock on the desk containing the blueprints (see below) but thankfully all it took was a couple of buffouts to boost my strength (to 10 just to be sure) and I busted the lock open with a crowbar on my first attempt. I first played Fallout nearly 7 years ago and only last year did I learn that crowbars can be used to break locks; for those unaware, you can't use them from your quickslots like tools, you need to right click on an item to display the drop down menu and select it from your inventory. Surprisingly the Imperial guard at the door (also locked but easily picked) doesn't confront you for breaking in.

(Original text, now mostly redundant)
I'm desperate to find a way of keeping the pistol/getting another one while still joining the Hunters. My lockpick stat is 33% so there's no chance of me accessing the blueprints and I imagine using explosives would destroy them (as well as being the same as attacking them, turning the City against me). Somebody mentioned "The Colonel" using one in the Imperial City so I guess I could just become an enemy of the City but that's, let's say, the nuclear option.
valcik
Betatester

Post by valcik »

RiC_David wrote:I first played Fallout nearly 7 years ago and only last year did I learn that crowbars can be used to break locks;
Mechanics rarely to be seen in vanilla games though, I do remember only a handful of places in F2 such as these stuck doors in Vault 8, for example. Really a welcome addition in F1.5! :)