Two days after release of Resurrection

What do you think about the game? Share your experiences. You can ask other players for advice about quests, or report bugs here as well. POSSIBLE SPOILERS!

Moderators: Ratman, Seto, Saruman, feťák8, valcik, NovaRain

Ractaros96
Idolized

Two days after release of Resurrection

Post by Ractaros96 »

The last two days I've only played Resurrection and that is not gonna change until I complete the game. In total I've started game 3 times. First time, it was just exploring locations and getting to know main storyline and quests. Second time I have reached Camp of Supermutants and brought info about location of Rebirth base to Mutant Hunters, but earlier I've made grave mistake (I told Mutant Hunter's leader my whole true story), so after bringing that info I could only fight with them or get imprisoned (it's death too). In first gameplay I had unarmed oriented character, second time I was using energy weapons for fighting. The third time I was again unarmed (because I thought that with Mega Power Fist I'll complete game easily, but I couldn't find it or get regular Power Fist upgraded) and I have reached point of joining Mutant Hunters successfully. I gave up in Camp of Supermutants trying to get info and kill supermutants with that damn Power Fist. I'll start my 4th run in Resurrection shortly and Im getting back to energy weapons, also because with Power Fist I couldn't kill enemies that were running away from me, when I just could shot them down with Plasma Pistol or Laser Rifle (laser-that-slices-body-in-half animaton is my favourite). This time I want to finally complete this game. Wish me luck.
sultangurde
Accepted

Re: Two days after release of Resurrection

Post by sultangurde »

Ractaros96 wrote:The last two days I've only played Resurrection and that is not gonna change until I complete the game. In total I've started game 3 times. First time, it was just exploring locations and getting to know main storyline and quests. Second time I have reached Camp of Supermutants and brought info about location of Rebirth base to Mutant Hunters, but earlier I've made grave mistake (I told Mutant Hunter's leader my whole true story), so after bringing that info I could only fight with them or get imprisoned (it's death too). In first gameplay I had unarmed oriented character, second time I was using energy weapons for fighting. The third time I was again unarmed (because I thought that with Mega Power Fist I'll complete game easily, but I couldn't find it or get regular Power Fist upgraded) and I have reached point of joining Mutant Hunters successfully. I gave up in Camp of Supermutants trying to get info and kill supermutants with that damn Power Fist. I'll start my 4th run in Resurrection shortly and Im getting back to energy weapons, also because with Power Fist I couldn't kill enemies that were running away from me, when I just could shot them down with Plasma Pistol or Laser Rifle (laser-that-slices-body-in-half animaton is my favourite). This time I want to finally complete this game. Wish me luck.
I am also under big impression of Resurrection.
Currently playing game on hard and combat on hard and i must say it is quite a challenge, especially ghul patrols :)
Yesterday i reached Mutant Base and here is the question, how can i get inside the base? There is this mutant Mary blocking the way and i cant talk my way out of her.
Fighting vs 7 mutants isnt very good idea ;)
Ractaros96
Idolized

Post by Ractaros96 »

sultangurde wrote:Yesterday i reached Mutant Base and here is the question, how can i get inside the base? There is this mutant Mary blocking the way and i cant talk my way out of her.
I assume your level of Intelligence and speech skills is enough. You can convince that supermutant to let you in. You need to praise her on how well she is guarding her post. Anyway, then you will have to kill them all to obtain that information about Rebirth base. But if you help supermutants boss, then maybe he'll let you to the basement without a fight. After you enter the base you can kill them 2-3 at a time, co it shouldn't be too hard, besides, the supermutant boss has a nice energy weapon, so if you want to kill them, start with him first.
sultangurde
Accepted

Post by sultangurde »

Ractaros96 wrote:
sultangurde wrote:Yesterday i reached Mutant Base and here is the question, how can i get inside the base? There is this mutant Mary blocking the way and i cant talk my way out of her.
I assume your level of Intelligence and speech skills is enough. You can convince that supermutant to let you in. You need to praise her on how well she is guarding her post. Anyway, then you will have to kill them all to obtain that information about Rebirth base. But if you help supermutants boss, then maybe he'll let you to the basement without a fight. After you enter the base you can kill them 2-3 at a time, co it shouldn't be too hard, besides, the supermutant boss has a nice energy weapon, so if you want to kill them, start with him first.
Big thanks for help and quick answer. Going to try that today after coming back from work.
Btw. intelligence 9, maybe my speech was too low or i missed that dialogoe option (was kinda tired after 10h gameplay session).
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Post by Daemon »

Ractaros96 wrote:I've made grave mistake (I told Mutant Hunter's leader my whole true story), so after bringing that info I could only fight with them or get imprisoned (it's death too).
You could have continue even without telling the Hunters location of the Rebirth base. You would have manage without them.

sultangurde wrote:was kinda tired after 10h gameplay session
Nice :-)

Another way to get inside the Mutant Base is pretend to be a Child of the Cathedral.
sultangurde
Accepted

Post by sultangurde »

Gonna try purple robes strategy too :)
Ractaros96
Idolized

Post by Ractaros96 »

Daemon wrote:You could have continue even without telling the Hunters location of the Rebirth base. You would have manage without them.
Yeah, I know, but I wanted to join them very much. I thought, then I could get Power Armor at their base. During my 3rd run I managed to join them, yet I didn't complete the quest to get info about Rebirth location, so maybe Power Armor will be reward for this mission or some later one. On Vault 16 3rd level I have found 2 guarded lockers in that room with guy who said he need some parts to repair generator for the turrets. I wonder what's inside them.

After that failure to join them during my 2nd run, I went to Rebirth Base. Probably you can get there Power Armor too. I've managed to get to level 3 of Rebirth base, but after I used red keycard on second elevator to get to level 4 or 5 I was immediately attacked by guards that are on those levels. Do you have any hint, that may help me?

PS: The Mutant Hunters seem to be similar to Brotherhood of Steel, yet paranoid and deluded like Enclave.
Frost
Neutral

Post by Frost »

Ractaros96 wrote:
Daemon wrote:You could have continue even without telling the Hunters location of the Rebirth base. You would have manage without them.
Yeah, I know, but I wanted to join them very much. I thought, then I could get Power Armor at their base. During my 3rd run I managed to join them, yet I didn't complete the quest to get info about Rebirth location, so maybe Power Armor will be reward for this mission or some later one. On Vault 16 3rd level I have found 2 guarded lockers in that room with guy who said he need some parts to repair generator for the turrets. I wonder what's inside them.

After that failure to join them during my 2nd run, I went to Rebirth Base. Probably you can get there Power Armor too. I've managed to get to level 3 of Rebirth base, but after I used red keycard on second elevator to get to level 4 or 5 I was immediately attacked by guards that are on those levels. Do you have any hint, that may help me?

PS: The Mutant Hunters seem to be similar to Brotherhood of Steel, yet paranoid and deluded like Enclave.
mix of Enclave and BoS i like it 8) in my run i didn't give shit about them i m finishing all quests to get possible good ending in towns then i will go there to kill ghouls

to join them

when i grap power armor first thing i will do is killing everyone in sedit
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Post by Daemon »

Ractaros96 wrote:I went to Rebirth Base. Probably you can get there Power Armor too. I've managed to get to level 3 of Rebirth base, but after I used red keycard on second elevator to get to level 4 or 5 I was immediately attacked by guards that are on those levels. Do you have any hint, that may help me?
Yes, you can get PA in the Rebirth base and you don't even have to step in the red levels. Talk to as much ghouls you can and pay attention what they're saying.

If a guard let you in the elevator, you shouldn't be attacked immediately unless your card allowed only access to 4th floor and you have stepped in 5th floor. Do you remember what was the name on that card? Are you sure you have used that card directly on the elevator instead of just talking to guard next to it?
Ractaros96
Idolized

Post by Ractaros96 »

Daemon wrote:If a guard let you in the elevator, you shouldn't be attacked immediately unless your card allowed only access to 4th floor and you have stepped in 5th floor. Do you remember what was the name on that card? Are you sure you have used that card directly on the elevator instead of just talking to guard next to it?
I talked to the guard and the name on the card was Robert.
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Post by Daemon »

Ractaros96 wrote:
Daemon wrote:If a guard let you in the elevator, you shouldn't be attacked immediately unless your card allowed only access to 4th floor and you have stepped in 5th floor. Do you remember what was the name on that card? Are you sure you have used that card directly on the elevator instead of just talking to guard next to it?
I talked to the guard and the name on the card was Robert.
Robert doesn't have permission for Red 5, that's why they attack you there.
Ractaros96
Idolized

Post by Ractaros96 »

Daemon wrote:Robert doesn't have permission for Red 5, that's why they attack you there.
On level 4 I was attacked too.
sultangurde
Accepted

Post by sultangurde »

About that mutant base entrance i had to use purple robe and pretend to be a "Master".
With intelligence 9 and speech 15 there was no option to persuade mutant to let me in.
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Post by Daemon »

Ractaros96 wrote:
Daemon wrote:Robert doesn't have permission for Red 5, that's why they attack you there.
On level 4 I was attacked too.
Strange. I'll check if there is any problem with Robert's card. Thanks for the report.

sultangurde wrote:With intelligence 9 and speech 15 there was no option to persuade mutant to let me in.
Of course, you can't hardly persuade anyone with that low speech.
Frost
Neutral

Post by Frost »

Who need to sneak anyways ive killed all my way to boss then speech him 8) 8)

it was epic and funny asf

http://imgur.com/CZMJCqf