Pip Boy - Rest option missing

What do you think about the game? Share your experiences. You can ask other players for advice about quests, or report bugs here as well. POSSIBLE SPOILERS!

Moderators: Ratman, Seto, Saruman, feťák8, valcik, NovaRain

Tomas7
Accepted

Pip Boy - Rest option missing

Post by Tomas7 »

Hi All,

Probably a dumb question, but I am stuck with sth, I hope you will help me.
There is a quest "go and wait for some guy at 11PM" - here is the problem, how Can I rest?
Tried with Pip boy but every time i have this prompt : "You cannot rest in this location" and I noticed this appears everywhere.
I tried to use some books as a workaround, but with no luck. :D
I also tried to click on the map to appear at 11:00PM...
I think there must be a better approach.

How to enable resting / rest in general?

Please guys, I want to complete Seddit and move on

Thanks in advance

PS.
Great project/game!
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Re: Pip Boy - Rest option missing

Post by Daemon »

Hi, in towns, you can't just rest anywhere, you have to find place where they let you sleep. In the case of this quest, closest place is upper floor of Falcon's Flight in the same quarter. You can rest there.

Possibility to sleep anywhere was always abused by the players for healing in the original Fallout games. Sleeping anywhere was too easy way to gain health. And it makes more sense too, that you can't just sleep on the streets and have to find yourself a hotel room if it's possible or risk sleeping in the wasteland.
laclongquan
Accepted

Post by laclongquan »

YOu can move on world map's green town circle for safety and heal while moving.
necromonger
Liked

Post by necromonger »

laclongquan wrote:YOu can move on world map's green town circle for safety and heal while moving.
That is how I've been healing lately. It's just too much of a hassle to find a place to sleep every time I want to heal for free or pass some time.
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Post by Daemon »

necromonger wrote:
laclongquan wrote:YOu can move on world map's green town circle for safety and heal while moving.
That is how I've been healing lately. It's just too much of a hassle to find a place to sleep every time I want to heal for free or pass some time.
Moving on world map's green town circle until you heal really seems like less hassle to you?
laclongquan
Accepted

Post by laclongquan »

It's perspective of safety and danger.

Aaaaanyway, each map should have at least one safe area to sleep. It depend on WHEN you can get it.

Example: Rat Hole's North Side's the hole in the Alexa's building. But you only get it after getting rid of Alexa's guard next to that door, which mean practically RatHole-over already.

Example:Albu Hospital area. You can sleep in the Waterpump underground if you can open the lock.