Leader perk

What do you think about the game? Share your experiences. You can ask other players for advice about quests, or report bugs here as well. POSSIBLE SPOILERS!

Moderators: Ratman, Seto, Saruman, feťák8, valcik, NovaRain

nProzac
Neutral

Leader perk

Post by nProzac »

What are the requirements for "Leader" oerk? I've been able to pick it earlier in the game, but can't now. Since then, few of my SPECIAL went up a point thanks to surgeries, I don't think anything else changed.
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Re: Leader perk

Post by Daemon »

lvl 9, CHA 6, I think...
nProzac
Neutral

Post by nProzac »

Damn, then I suppose I must have been fleeing when I leveled up, hence I could take the perk. Thanks!
Waltuo
Accepted

Post by Waltuo »

I may (or may not) have encountered a bug. The extra action point does not show up when viewing the combat control screen? Mutt has 10 and Keri has 8 AP before and after taking the perk?

Is the bonus only active during the combat or is there something wrong here?

EDIT: experimenting a bit confirms this to be a bug :( Keri can only make two attacks per round with a knife. Is there a fix for this? Is it a sfall issue? I would love to use the perk normally, if I could.

EDIT 2: reloaded and tried the perk again, seems to work fine now. It appears to be bugging if taken in Lost Town, for some reason?
Muttie
Idolized

Post by Muttie »

Yes, it's probably Lost Town.
I had two instances where companions wouldn't level up (both times on Lost Town). Once while fighting the raiders, another time during the ring-fights.
However, it's not consistent. It is possible to get level ups to register on Lost Town, but it is rather twitchy, and it may be better to stay on the safe side and try not to have companions' level up on Lost Town.
For example, one can break the next XP-level with random encounters beforehand if close.
The Leader perk may fail to register similarly.