[spoilers] Albuquerque hospital

What do you think about the game? Share your experiences. You can ask other players for advice about quests, or report bugs here as well. POSSIBLE SPOILERS!

Moderators: Ratman, Seto, Saruman, feťák8, valcik, NovaRain

Kobal
Neutral

Re: [spoilers] Albuquerque hospital

Post by Kobal »

This is weird.

When I tried to prepare savefiles for the upload and in the process did the quest again it suddenly worked as it was supposed to. Sorry to stir up this fuss.
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Post by Daemon »

Now I suspect that the holodisk doesn't unlock you option to tell Gurgan about hospital if you donwload it to Pip-Boy before you get the quest. Maybe that was your problem. I'll check it out, thanks for the info.
valcik
Betatester

Post by valcik »

IIRC there's one imprisoned tribal in the same room where Paul stands and he'll send you to Gurgan after talking to him. You have to step close to the prison cell in order to initiate the dialogue.
dworkin
Neutral

Post by dworkin »

Hey guys, I've got a problem with the tribals revange on the hospital members. After the fight (me + tribal hunters + imperial soldiers), when all of the hospital staff is wiped out, nothing happens. Hunters and soldiers are still following me and talking some irrelevant shit. When I leave Dead Quarter and enter The Suburbs, hunters are absent from the tribals area. When I enter Dead Quarter once again, they are no more present there. The quest in my Pip-Boy Status is still active.
Muttie
Idolized

Post by Muttie »

!UNLESS YOU'VE ENCOUNTERED A BUG! :wink:

But my first guess is that you've failed to kill all the guards and doctors. It's 15 guards+Paul (16 in toto) and 5 doctors+Falber (6 in toto). And you need to kill them all. Especially the doctors can be elusive.

Sometimes the fight can stop automatically before all doctors are killed. (As if they are out of aggro range, or fail to get pulled into the fight). And in those cases you just drop out of combat but there are still some doctors in the top building (or worse run off and are on the map somewhere) (check between the buildings on the right). Walk up or around and kill them all. Search. Find. Destroy. :)

If you leave the map before the fight is over it "should" count as failed. (This is normal procedure in the mod, but not mentioned in my notes so it's a “probably”). If failed all tribal-hunters should be dead/gone and Rua (the old shaman) should be lamenting their death and the death of the tribe. (I think). Otherwise, if the attack was successful you collect the XP from Rua, in case Gurgan died.

Also if you killed them all, and end combat, all tribal-hunters and Imperial Soldier should be removed automatically. (There should be a screen fade clearing the map). The fact that they are still with you should imply that the fight isn't over yet (someone is still alive and hiding) or you've bugged out the game.

However, it's probably a missing doctor, hopefully. :)
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Post by Daemon »

It is really possible that you have missed one doctor. Can you please upload your save somewhere co I can check it?