High resolution patch with Zoom compatibility

What do you think about the game? Share your experiences. You can ask other players for advice about quests, or report bugs here as well. POSSIBLE SPOILERS!

Moderators: Ratman, Seto, Saruman, feťák8, valcik, NovaRain

Marionettetc
Neutral

High resolution patch with Zoom compatibility

Post by Marionettetc »

From my understanding, the Resurrection overhaul uses the high resolution patch built in. I tried to overwrite the resolution patch with the Zoom version, and when I loaded the Resurrection launcher it opened up the base Fallout 2 game.

Is there a way to add the zoom function into the resolution configuration or request it be added in the next 1.5 update?
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Re: High resolution patch with Zoom compatibility

Post by Daemon »

Do you mean 2x scale? This feature is available in High Resolution patch that is part of Resurrection. It just isn't incluced in the Configuration Program (maybe it's worth to add there with 1.5 patch, I think you aren't the first one mentioning it). You can set it by editing file Fallout 2\Resurrection\f2_res.ini, find the line:
SCALE_2X=0
And change it to
SCALE_2X=1
Marionettetc
Neutral

Post by Marionettetc »

Thanks a bunch Daemon. Yeah, I was talking about the scaling but there is a high resolution patch that allows you to toggle zoom in and out to entire map level with ctrl+mouse wheel
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Post by Daemon »

Marionettetc wrote:there is a high resolution patch that allows you to toggle zoom in and out to entire map level with ctrl+mouse wheel
Do you know in which version of HiRes patch was this introduced? Can you post a link please? I tried to google it and didn't find any mention about this feature.
Lucek
Neutral

Post by Lucek »

valcik
Betatester

Post by valcik »

Daemon
Resurrection team member

Post by Daemon »

Oh, I see, it's experimental version. Anyway, you can use different version of High Resolution patch, at least its functions. Copy only f2_res.dll file from High Resolution patch into Resurrection folder.