Sedit - Quest Steal Sheriff gold nuggets

What do you think about the game? Share your experiences. You can ask other players for advice about quests, or report bugs here as well. POSSIBLE SPOILERS!

Moderators: Ratman, Seto, Saruman, feťák8, valcik, NovaRain

Rubytooth
Neutral

Re: Sedit - Quest Steal Sheriff gold nuggets

Post by Rubytooth »

Daemon wrote:So you don't know when it started? What have you done since the last time save worked until it didn't?

I don't think save you have uploaded is your last working one, since it's save from the cave at the beginning of the game. And it also seems to be from version 1.4. Do you know there's already out version 1.5?
I know - but I have installed the game at 1.4 on October. No matter which patch but starting new game is annoying. Thanks for trying to help...
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Post by Daemon »

So can you upload that latest save and answer my question? Maybe with that I can be able to locate the problem.
Rubytooth
Neutral

Post by Rubytooth »

Daemon wrote:So can you upload that latest save and answer my question? Maybe with that I can be able to locate the problem.
Hi there.
The savegame I had uploaded in previous page is one existed in my list. So I haven't any additional.
The problem when you try to use my savegame and occured in starting cage is normal. I have the same when loading game with rights of administrator.
Never mind - I will start new game with 1.5 patch.
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Post by Daemon »

You have uploaded slot 01, but in your screenshot I see you have saves in slots 02 and 03 as well. Are you saying that in your SAVEGAME folder is only SLOT01 folder, but the game shows you three slots?

This isn't some known problem that version 1.4 had so I can't say for sure this doesn't happen to you with version 1.5. At least I would recommand you to make new clean installation instead of patching. What is your operation system and what's source of your Fallout 2 (for example Steam or GOG)? If you don't have Steam version, better don't install the game in Program Files folder.
Rubytooth
Neutral

Post by Rubytooth »

Daemon wrote:You have uploaded slot 01, but in your screenshot I see you have saves in slots 02 and 03 as well. Are you saying that in your SAVEGAME folder is only SLOT01 folder, but the game shows you three slots?

This isn't some known problem that version 1.4 had so I can't say for sure this doesn't happen to you with version 1.5. At least I would recommand you to make new clean installation instead of patching. What is your operation system and what's source of your Fallout 2 (for example Steam or GOG)? If you don't have Steam version, better don't install the game in Program Files folder.

On the moment of making a screenshot it was 3 slots. But after trying to make savegames on 2nd and 3rd slots they had disappeared.
My OS is Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0 , Build 10586), GoG Fallout2, my folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Fallout 2\Resurrection\resdata
Thank a lot for your support!
This makes me feel that I am not alone in post-nuclear world ;)
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Post by Daemon »

Since the game is installed in Program Files, it's possible that Windows tried to move your saves into C:\Users\<your user login>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Fallout 2\Resurrection\resdata\SAVEGAME
Maybe it failed for some reason? I don't know.

As I have mentioned, better install the game in a directory other than Program Files. Or if you need to have it in Program Files, always run the game as administrator.
Rubytooth
Neutral

Post by Rubytooth »

Daemon wrote:Since the game is installed in Program Files, it's possible that Windows tried to move your saves into C:\Users\<your user login>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Fallout 2\Resurrection\resdata\SAVEGAME
Maybe it failed for some reason? I don't know.

As I have mentioned, better install the game in a directory other than Program Files. Or if you need to have it in Program Files, always run the game as administrator.
Yes you are right. Using this way C:\Users\hp\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Fallout 2\Resurrection\resdata\SAVEGAME I have found 3 slots for savegames but with missed files for 2nd and 3rd slots (only folder PROTO exist).
Your advise must be written on README FILE before installation to avoid this situation for other players.
GL and HF
Rubytooth
Neutral

Post by Rubytooth »

Rubytooth wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:27 am
Daemon wrote:So can you upload that latest save and answer my question? Maybe with that I can be able to locate the problem.
Hi there.
The savegame I had uploaded in previous page is one existed in my list. So I haven't any additional.
The problem when you try to use my savegame and occured in starting cage is normal. I have the same when loading game with rights of administrator.
Never mind - I will start new game with 1.5 patch.
Ok dudes - that's the time to come back and play this mod!