Finesse VS Fast Shot + Sniper

What do you think about the game? Share your experiences. You can ask other players for advice about quests, or report bugs here as well. POSSIBLE SPOILERS!

Moderators: Ratman, Seto, Saruman, feťák8, valcik, NovaRain

eLPuSHeR
Accepted

Finesse VS Fast Shot + Sniper

Post by eLPuSHeR »

Hello guys.

I am on my third starting playthrough. Someone suggested to go for a critical small guns char so I swapped Fast Shot for Finesse. I intent to get Sniper perk if possible.

I am going to specialize in both small arms and energy weapons btw.

What do you think? Fast Shot or Finesse?
Ractaros96
Idolized

Re: Finesse VS Fast Shot + Sniper

Post by Ractaros96 »

eLPuSHeR wrote:Hello guys.

I am on my third starting playthrough. Someone suggested to go for a critical small guns char so I swapped Fast Shot for Finesse. I intent to get Sniper perk if possible.

I am going to specialize in both small arms and energy weapons btw.

What do you think? Fast Shot or Finesse?
Why don't you take both? :)
eLPuSHeR
Accepted

Post by eLPuSHeR »

Because I am in love with the GIFTED perk. :P
Ractaros96
Idolized

Post by Ractaros96 »

eLPuSHeR wrote:Because I am in love with the GIFTED perk. :P
I was too, until I decided that I'll rise all my SPECIAL stats to 10 in each gameplay with save editor. Now I don't see any other way. :wink:
Baardhaas
Accepted

Post by Baardhaas »

If you're going for a single shot small gun, you'll miss out on a lot of fun if you can't target different body parts. If you're going for a burstweapon, you might as well take fast shot.

Personally I'm not very fond of finesse. You'll do less damage with every shot (also affects your criticals), for a 10% higher critical chance. By the time you have the sniper-perk, the extra critical chance is negligible.
You'd be better of taking small frame for the extra stat point. Or good natured, raising 4 skills with 15% against lowering your combat skills, of which you'll only use 2, with 10% is a good trade off. Well, since first aid can also be raised with books and barter becomes moot with Keri in your party, you're actually trading a raise of 15% in 2 skills against a penatly of 10% in 2 skills.
eLPuSHeR
Accepted

Post by eLPuSHeR »

Ractaros96 wrote:
eLPuSHeR wrote:Because I am in love with the GIFTED perk. :P
I was too, until I decided that I'll rise all my SPECIAL stats to 10 in each gameplay with save editor. Now I don't see any other way. :wink:
Heh heh, you little cheater. :P

Thanks for the responses. I guess I was just doing fine my first playthrough with fast shoot and bursting a lot... :mrgreen: