Keri No Longer an ally

What do you think about the game? Share your experiences. You can ask other players for advice about quests, or report bugs here as well. POSSIBLE SPOILERS!

Moderators: Ratman, Seto, Saruman, feťák8, valcik, NovaRain

NecroCorey
Neutral

Keri No Longer an ally

Post by NecroCorey »

So, I did some digging and didn't see anything that directly related to my problem.

Basically I just reached the end of the game almost (I'm outside the last base) and for some reason Keri has stopped being my companion.

It's a weird situation where when I click on her it acts like a container. For example, I was able to pull the power armor she had on, and place it on Lystra.

Mutt and Lystra are both still working fine though. Oddly enough, I can change maps and Keri will show up next to me with the other companions, but she won't move or speak and is, again, basically just a container.

I thought it may have been some kind of weird script bug, and maybe combat would 'reset' her to a normal companion. She participated in the fight (she never actually hit anything and missed every shot, but that may be because she chose to pull out an energy gun which she's awful with) but when the fight ended, she turned and fired on me.

As for what I've been up to that may have caused it, I chose to power level myself before going in the rebirth base, so if Cheat Engine tampering with Exp could cause this bug that might be it.
The other thing I think may have caused it is when I used F12SE to remove my mutant hunter status since I wanted to see Lystra in action before I beat the game. For the record, Keri worked perfectly fine for about an hour after doing both of these things. She only seemed to stop working when I went to shop before hitting the Rebirth Base.
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Re: Keri No Longer an ally

Post by Daemon »

This can happen when companion gets knocked unconscious in combat and combat then ends before they got their turn to wake up. Try to fix it by combat without enemies - Hit 'A' to enter combat and skipt turn. She should "wake up" by getting her turn that way. Try talk to her after that.
NecroCorey
Neutral

Re: Keri No Longer an ally

Post by NecroCorey »

Thanks looks like it worked.