Guns nerfed?

What do you think about the game? Share your experiences. You can ask other players for advice about quests, or report bugs here as well. POSSIBLE SPOILERS!

Moderators: Ratman, Seto, Saruman, feťák8, valcik, NovaRain

Braintrigger
Neutral

Guns nerfed?

Post by Braintrigger »

First of all - my deep regards to the authors of this mod. You did a great, great job. Chapeau bas.

Now to the point. Did you guys did something to the guns? They just... suck. Suck so badly. Miniguns, even laser miniguns are completly useless. During the rampage in a Mutants Hunters base, no one with minigun is able to hurt me. I cannot hurt them too - it's always hit with no dmg. And they are not even wearing PA! Then again - plasma weapons. Plasma cannon, plasma rifle - they inflict very lov dmg, about 5-15. From time to time I get crit hit, but these guns are so much nerfed in comparison to same guns in F1 and F2.
In addition, enemies almost don't use their guns, they always switch to melee. Of course, their fists and knives are completly ineffective against my PA, so we end up in a veeeery long, and boring ineffective fight :lol:

To be clear - my strenght is enough to hold these weapons, I have nothing broken, it's not dark, I am over 100% in all weapons skills, etc. And with gauss rifle every hit is a kill 8)
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Re: Guns nerfed?

Post by Daemon »

Thank you.

That's strange. I even saw people complaining that weapons are too effective :-) We didn't change them. We only made AP ammo bit better than it was in the original game. I was just recently fighting using a minigun and I was quite successful. Don't you have Finesse trait? That would at least explained why your damage is weaker.
Don't you have some other mods installed in Fallout 2? Although that shouldn't affect Resurrection unless they are making changes in the original master.dat (which they shouldn't).

It can happen that critter decides to use melee, because he/she doesn't have enough AP for shooting after he/she has moved and then doesn't change weapon back in the next turn. That's how Fallout AI acts. But that's nothing what would happen that much often.
Braintrigger
Neutral

Post by Braintrigger »

Hmm, about weak guns I searched through the forum, and found this topic: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=676#p4809 where peoples feelings about weapons dmg are quite similiar (4rd and 6th post).
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Post by Daemon »

Yeah, when comes to Rebirth patrols in PA. They have probably one of the highest defense.