Rebirth Holdout

What do you think about the game? Share your experiences. You can ask other players for advice about quests, or report bugs here as well. POSSIBLE SPOILERS!

Moderators: Ratman, Seto, Saruman, feťák8, valcik, NovaRain

dealmeida64
Neutral

Rebirth Holdout

Post by dealmeida64 »

I've managed to find out the way to get to the lower grounds (youtube walkthrough vid) and it seems I must trigger a dialogue line when talking to the security bloke near the lift but, for some reason, this line of dialogue is not happening and thus I can't progress further; am I missing something or is it a (new) bug?
Any help will be welcomed.
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Re: Rebirth Holdout

Post by Daemon »

On what floor are you and which elevator are you trying to enter (what is its color)?
If I understand correctly, you can talk to the guard, you just don't have response available that would let you enter the elevator. Is that so?
If you are stuck on the first floor, talk to other ghouls there before you try to enter the elevator.
dealmeida64
Neutral

Post by dealmeida64 »

Daemon wrote:On what floor are you and which elevator are you trying to enter (what is its color)?
If I understand correctly, you can talk to the guard, you just don't have response available that would let you enter the elevator. Is that so?
If you are stuck on the first floor, talk to other ghouls there before you try to enter the elevator.
You understood it correctly: it is the first floor (yellow lift) and I've spoken to all ghouls and still it isn't triggering the necessary line to allow me to proceed :(
(I have even holstered my weapon to see whether it makes a difference but it doesn't)
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Post by Daemon »

And you still can't say you're one of those ghouls? Or what option do you looking for? Or rather can you please upload your save somewhere? That would be best, I'll check it. Save files are in Fallout 2\Resurrection\data\SAVEGAME folder and each folder there is one save slot.
dealmeida64
Neutral

Post by dealmeida64 »

I'M uploading the "SAVE.DAT" I hope this is what you want and that I've done it correctly
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Post by Daemon »

dealmeida64 wrote:I'M uploading the "SAVE.DAT" I hope this is what you want and that I've done it correctly
No, I need whole SLOT folder. For example, if your save is in slot 1, I need "SLOT01" folder.
btw. Can you post a link to the video where you seen the solution? So I know which way are you trying to get into the elevator.
dealmeida64
Neutral

Post by dealmeida64 »

I hope I've done it correctly.
The vid link is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHRub_-3sWY
You have to scroll to minute 34

Edit: No, I can't upload the entire slot as it complains it's too big.
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Post by Daemon »

If you want to pose as Tramell, you need to talk to him first in order to get his name and you have to wear a power armor when talking to the guard (because that's what Tramell wears). If you wear a robe, you have to talk to Leonard and then say to the guard that you're Leonard.
If after that the guard says that you just asked how things work and therefore you can't be Leonard or Tramell and you don't have option to talk out of it, that means you don't have high enough speech skill. But there's still solution for you - Just end dialogue with the guard, go behind the wall so the guard losts you from his sight and return to him. That way he won't know that you're the same guy as before and you can say you're Tramell or Leonard without a problem.

This must work. If you still can't get in, upload your save to some file sharing site. For example here - http://www.filedropper.com/
dealmeida64
Neutral

Post by dealmeida64 »

Daemon wrote:If you want to pose as Tramell, you need to talk to him first in order to get his name and you have to wear a power armor when talking to the guard (because that's what Tramell wears). If you wear a robe, you have to talk to Leonard and then say to the guard that you're Leonard.
If after that the guard says that you just asked how things work and therefore you can't be Leonard or Tramell and you don't have option to talk out of it, that means you don't have high enough speech skill. But there's still solution for you - Just end dialogue with the guard, go behind the wall so the guard losts you from his sight and return to him. That way he won't know that you're the same guy as before and you can say you're Tramell or Leonard without a problem.

This must work. If you still can't get in, upload your save to some file sharing site. For example here - http://www.filedropper.com/
It did work thanks! however there's a detail to be known if anybody goes through the same: you must go out, shut the door, open it again and THEN interact with the security guard.
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Post by Daemon »

dealmeida64 wrote:however there's a detail to be known if anybody goes through the same: you must go out, shut the door, open it again and THEN interact with the security guard.
You don't have to shut the door. You just have to get to some place where he doesn't see you anymore so he doesn't know you're the same guy who spoke with him just moments ago. But shutting the door works too.