Is it possible to use different player models?

General discussion about Resurrection without spoilers. If you have questions about the game not concerning its content, or problems with running the game, this is the place to ask.

Moderators: Ratman, Seto, Saruman, feťák8, valcik, NovaRain

RiC_David
Neutral

Is it possible to use different player models?

Post by RiC_David »

It's stated in the FAQ that the Resurrection mod can be applied to an installation of Fallout that uses the Restoration project. Even if I install the RP and then install Resurrection, I still get Resurrection's character creation screen and not the RP's expanded one.

I'd resigned to thinking it was thus not possible to use different player models (via this method at least) but then why would the FAQ state that you can use the RP if you can't actually use any of its features?

I'm wanting to roleplay a baldheaded Heisenberg, y'see. New Mexico and all that.
NovaRain
Liked

Re: Is it possible to use different player models?

Post by NovaRain »

RiC_David wrote:It's stated in the FAQ that the Resurrection mod can be applied to an installation of Fallout that uses the Restoration project. Even if I install the RP and then install Resurrection, I still get Resurrection's character creation screen and not the RP's expanded one.
I'd resigned to thinking it was thus not possible to use different player models (via this method at least) but then why would the FAQ state that you can use the RP if you can't actually use any of its features?
Can I at the same time have Restoration Project installed?
Yes. Resurrection doesn't change Fallout 2 in any way, whether it's a clean installation or one with Restoration Project installed.
That only means Resurrection doesn't interfere with your Fallout 2 main game, no matter it's vanilla, with Unofficial Patch or Restoration Project.
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Post by Daemon »

Yes, that is stated there so it's clear that Resurrection doesn't break or change Restoration Project and vise versa. That way you can have installed and play both mods.

But you can install hero appearance mod into Resurrection:
Since you have Restoration Project installed, you should have Appearance folder in Fallout 2 folder. Copy Appearance folder into Fallout 2/Resurrection folder.
Edit Fallout 2\Resurrection\ddraw.ini file, find the line that says:
EnableHeroAppearanceMod=0
Change it from 0 to 1 and save it.
Done. You should have character appearance choice in character creation screen in Resurrection.
RiC_David
Neutral

Post by RiC_David »

Thanks for the replies, much faster response than I was expecting.

That makes sense about the Restoration mod question in the FAQ. Huge thanks to Daemon for explaining how to access the custom appearances! I've also found what I was looking for regarding animations and how to disable them (specifically the unequip/equip animation when you interact with objects and to a lesser extent the idle animation that doesn't appear to be an option).

I'll get character creating then. Cheers again!