Linux user bugs

General discussion about Resurrection without spoilers. If you have questions about the game not concerning its content, or problems with running the game, this is the place to ask.

Moderators: Ratman, Seto, Saruman, feťák8, valcik, NovaRain

Daemon
Resurrection team member

Re: Linux user bugs

Post by Daemon »

Hi, you need to set "native,builtin" for files "ddraw.ini" and "ddraw.dll" in the Fallout 2/Resurrection directory. That should help with your first three problems.
Problem No. 4 isn't exclusive to Linux platform. We know about this, we'll fix it for the next version.
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Post by Daemon »

It looks like Sfall isn't working or isn't working correctly in your case. That's why I mentioned setting of those two files. Other players reported that this helped them. Are you sure you have switched it on the two files in Resurrection folder and not on the same files in Fallout 2 folder?

Other players have reported playing Resurrection on Linux without problem just with help of Wine. I never heard of Play on linux program, maybe problems come with it? Sadly, I don't have experience with Linux myself, so I can't give you precise advice. If you google "Fallout 2 sfall wine", you may find some solution regarding Fallout 2 and apply it for Resurrection.
valcik
Betatester

Post by valcik »

Veverac wrote:Second what I notice .Traits fast shot does't work on melee weapon(like in fallout1)?
That's fix from Haenlomal in sfall mod kicking in. You can adjust it in your ddraw.ini:

0 - original Fallout 2 behavior; 1 - Haenlomal's fix; 2 - original Fallout 1 behavior

Code: Select all

FastShotFix=0
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Post by Daemon »

I don't understand - Why would you override Fallout 2 files with Resurrection files? That won't work. Resurrection folder needs to be inside Fallout 2 folder.
And If the game starts with a black screen and nothing else happens, try to change the graphics mode using the Configuration Program. The "Original - 8bit" setting is your best bet in this case.
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Post by Daemon »

It really looks like you're setting Fallout 2 and not Resurrection. Can't you add there Fallout 2\Resurrection so you could get to its settings?
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Post by Daemon »

Veverac wrote:I use now set up version of game. instaled ... game works with builtin, and native, also builtin with same problems before(frozzen picture when i ask about invidual operation, where only work escape to exit from game)... when i chose only native i get this on picture.can't start game, I alredy configuare wine to be windows xp and install direct x 9. but when i start i get same bag report. I try to simulate windows 7 also same problem.
You need newest DirectX 9 from this link: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... px?id=8109
Or if Fallout 2 folder contains d3dx9_43.dll file, copy it into Resurrection folder.
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Post by Daemon »

Veverac wrote:I find new bug. game crush when I chose leader perk, after I exit character screan( I have 3 companions). Load couple times to see if gonna work.load from different save files.
Leader perk needs working Sfall as well, so it's still the same problem :(