FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Linux user bugs

Moderators: Ratman, Seto, Saruman

<<

Veverac

Accepted

Post Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:02 am

Linux user bugs

Hi, I am Ivan. Big fan of fallout 1 and 2, now I am fan of 1.5.(really great job). I will be your reporter(tester) for bugs on linux platform.
I use xubuntu linux.
This is how you can easy install and play fallout 1.5
1. download "play on linux" program
2. Open play on linux program >> click install>>games>> find fallout 2(I was install gog version, so you can find gog.com-fallout2)
3.wait play on linux download and configure(he do this automatic), than browse setup for fallout 2. wait instalation process end. close instalation
fallout2 is now instaled.You can play this too :)))
Now fallout 1.5 ressurection
4.download (for manually) i didnt try setup version.
5.open play on linux>> click fallout 2 icon>>to do left side click open the directory >>copy and paste fallout 1.5 game there.
6.open ressurection folder and double click on fores.exe
7. enjoy the game :)))
<<

Veverac

Accepted

Post Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:29 am

Re: Linux user bugs

For bugs i have to report:
1.Games sometimes crash when you leveling up.
Solution: start game again, load last position(if you saved game near that point), leveling will work without errors.
2.game screan frizze in Albuquerque, when you talk with shaman and chose option give him a hand(screan look likes like you are in dialog without options to select)
Solution: don't have
3.same problem when when i was talk with doktor in Aalbuquerque about operation(chose to increase agility) when i go to pay operation
Solution:don't have
4.In Albuquerque when you click on caravann guards(when you enter in albuquerque) they say error
I do not know whether similar problems have windows users. but this is what I find for now( I just enter Albuquerque) I play in two ways:good guy wit allies(with two allies for now) and bad guy(solo)
I was finish quests in New Hope, Rat Hole, Seddit, Corath, and I don't notice any bugs except No.1 what is not bad if you save game near that point.
<<

Daemon

Resurrection team member

Post Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:30 am

Hi, you need to set "native,builtin" for files "ddraw.ini" and "ddraw.dll" in the Fallout 2/Resurrection directory. That should help with your first three problems.
Problem No. 4 isn't exclusive to Linux platform. We know about this, we'll fix it for the next version.
<<

Veverac

Accepted

Post Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:19 am

I try to switch "native, builtin" ( what was default) for that files in "builtin, native" same results.
I forget to say esc button works, but when i try load any save file, i get same frozen picture.
If I exit totaly from game, and start game, load work fine.
And tnx for quick support :DDD
<<

Veverac

Accepted

Post Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:18 pm

I read somewhere in forum shaman increase luck(is that happens when you give him too look your hand?) Doctor increase other abilitys. Maybe i have bug with increasing stats? maybe that is trigger?
<<

Daemon

Resurrection team member

Post Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:04 pm

It looks like Sfall isn't working or isn't working correctly in your case. That's why I mentioned setting of those two files. Other players reported that this helped them. Are you sure you have switched it on the two files in Resurrection folder and not on the same files in Fallout 2 folder?

Other players have reported playing Resurrection on Linux without problem just with help of Wine. I never heard of Play on linux program, maybe problems come with it? Sadly, I don't have experience with Linux myself, so I can't give you precise advice. If you google "Fallout 2 sfall wine", you may find some solution regarding Fallout 2 and apply it for Resurrection.
<<

Veverac

Accepted

Post Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:01 pm

Fallout 1 working without problem... just instaled wine, and do standard instalation, same with fallout tactics. But i have problem with fallout2 (game can't start) . You must configuare wine manualy for some programs and windows games. Play on linux do that automatic. still you can set up manually if you want. Maybe you are right, maybe i change from fallout2 game if there are files with same names, and maybe configuration in play on linux is not good... can I override that files with files from ressurections? I don't need to play fallout2 now... doesnt matter if fallout 2 don't work.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Veverac on Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
<<

Veverac

Accepted

Post Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:04 pm

If this not working i will play without that, maybe later try to install with wine only and with setup for ressurection to se results. The doctor and shaman can't hurt a joy and my feelings that I feel for the game :))))))
Second what I notice .Traits fast shot does't work on melee weapon(like in fallout1)?
question about game(some ideas)
Can Vex knife be little stronger to be ultimate mellee weapon?Or maybe you can put somewhere parody quest of Jedai for laser saber, or sword in stone, or last samurai(old guy who gonna pass his Katana to you if you revange death of his master)mini quest when you finish you get strong wakizasi knife or katana.some strong mellee weapon. I feel hendikep and it is very hard to be mellee character. fallout1 one have good balance about that ( lover level for bonus HtH atacks- level 6 i think, and trait fast shot work on melle weapons to) this problem have fallout2 too. It be help game , to have more choice about creation of your character. what i can do mutant with minigan if strongest weapon is razor who take more action points than normal blades? Perk silent death not have any sence like this(if you create stealth thief character). It looks like you charge with spoon on tank. :D
Last edited by Veverac on Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.
<<

valcik

Betatester

Post Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:06 pm

Veverac wrote:Second what I notice .Traits fast shot does't work on melee weapon(like in fallout1)?

That's fix from Haenlomal in sfall mod kicking in. You can adjust it in your ddraw.ini:

0 - original Fallout 2 behavior; 1 - Haenlomal's fix; 2 - original Fallout 1 behavior
  Code:
FastShotFix=0
<<

Daemon

Resurrection team member

Post Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:12 pm

I don't understand - Why would you override Fallout 2 files with Resurrection files? That won't work. Resurrection folder needs to be inside Fallout 2 folder.
And If the game starts with a black screen and nothing else happens, try to change the graphics mode using the Configuration Program. The "Original - 8bit" setting is your best bet in this case.
<<

Veverac

Accepted

Post Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:56 pm

I dont know now if I am set native, builtin for fallout 1.5 ressurection or for fallout 2, or maybe both. Because that I ask, to overvrite, but you say this file must stay in root folder ressurection. see picture. I dont have any problems with graphics, or problem with raiders quest. Just problems I say on top ... maybe is local problem , only aplly to me.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

Daemon

Resurrection team member

Post Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:10 am

It really looks like you're setting Fallout 2 and not Resurrection. Can't you add there Fallout 2\Resurrection so you could get to its settings?
<<

Veverac

Accepted

Post Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:47 am

I use now set up version of game. instaled ... game works with builtin, and native, also builtin with same problems before(frozzen picture when i ask about invidual operation, where only work escape to exit from game)... when i chose only native i get this on picture.can't start game, I alredy configuare wine to be windows xp and install direct x 9. but when i start i get same bag report. I try to simulate windows 7 also same problem.
<<

Daemon

Resurrection team member

Post Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:03 pm

Veverac wrote:I use now set up version of game. instaled ... game works with builtin, and native, also builtin with same problems before(frozzen picture when i ask about invidual operation, where only work escape to exit from game)... when i chose only native i get this on picture.can't start game, I alredy configuare wine to be windows xp and install direct x 9. but when i start i get same bag report. I try to simulate windows 7 also same problem.

You need newest DirectX 9 from this link: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... px?id=8109
Or if Fallout 2 folder contains d3dx9_43.dll file, copy it into Resurrection folder.
<<

Veverac

Accepted

Post Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:02 pm

I try last advice, but that not fix bugs. I unstall and install fallout 2 and fallout ressurection, start new game going from begining, and same bugs aplay.
I find new bug. game crush when I chose leader perk, after I exit character screan( I have 3 companions). Load couple times to see if gonna work.load from different save files.
I will continue adventure with gifted treath without surgery( I think is gifted treath something like cheating game :D, but now i must because no surgery)
I will try to kill doctor to see it will trigger crush of game later...
Maybe my wine program doesnt work right, or maybe it is because I have integret graphic on motherboard. If we have more linux user we will know it is problem with a game on linux platform or it is local problem.
Next

Return to Fallout Resurrection - General Discussion