Mouse Resolution

General discussion about Resurrection without spoilers. If you have questions about the game not concerning its content, or problems with running the game, this is the place to ask.

Moderators: Ratman, Seto, Saruman, feťák8, valcik, NovaRain

Rise
Neutral

Mouse Resolution

Post by Rise »

I just downloaded and installed FORes a couple of days ago and I'm loving the nostalgia already, but I have a technical issue that is taking away from the game play: my mouse seems to have really poor resolution, almost like a dirty mouse ball, back in the day. It's really hard for me to accurately click buttons and the mouse pointer doesn't move anywhere smoothly.

I have a razer deathadder mouse that works fine for everything else I play, on windows 10. I'm playing at the old school resolution settings (640x480).
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Re: Mouse Resolution

Post by Daemon »

In Resurrection Configuration program is mouse sensitivity setting, try different values of it. If that doesn't help, open file Fallout2\Resurrection\f2_res.ini for editing and find the line:
ALT_MOUSE_INPUT=0
Change it to:
ALT_MOUSE_INPUT=1
Rise
Neutral

Post by Rise »

Changing the sensitivity from 100 -> 50 seemed to do the trick, thank you!!
agris
Accepted

Post by agris »

I think the root of this issue is with software like Razer's and Logitech's that want to "detect games" and dynamically apply *something* to your mouse settings, and how it interacts with Sfall.

I had the exact same problem with the F2 RP, and once I disabled Logitech's "detect games" component, it all worked fine. See if your Razer software has the same option, or, force it closed before trying FO 1.5 and see if the problem goes away.