Very basic question: How to launch Resurrection?

General discussion about Resurrection without spoilers. If you have questions about the game not concerning its content, or problems with running the game, this is the place to ask.

Moderators: Ratman, Seto, Saruman, feťák8, valcik, NovaRain

hnsug42
Neutral

Very basic question: How to launch Resurrection?

Post by hnsug42 »

I apologize if this is an overly-simplistic question, but I'm missing something basic. I have a Steam installation of Fallout 2 on 64-bit Windows 7 Professional (US English). I downloaded and unzipped the Fallout Resurrection mod over my existing Steam Fallout 2 installation. I know it worked, because when running Fallout 2 I see the Resurrection modifications. (Thanks, all of you!)

The problem: I don't understand how to launch Resurrection. I don't see an option in my Steam library to launch it, nor do I see any shortcut on my desktop or in my All Programs listing. How do I start this program?

Again, apologies if I'm missing something obvious.

Thanks,
hnsug42
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Re: Very basic question: How to launch Resurrection?

Post by Daemon »

Hi!

What do you mean that you see the Resurrection modifications when running Fallout 2? What modifications? Resurrection shouldn't change the original Fallout 2. Resurrection files are in its own separate Resurrection directory that is supposed to be in Fallout 2 directory. So if you want to run Resurrection, launch the file:
Fallout 2\Resurrection\fores.exe
Or if you want to launch Configuration Program for Resurrection, launch the file:
Fallout 2\Resurrection\fores_config.exe

If you don't have Resurrection directory in your Fallout 2 directory, you didn't unzipped Resurrection archive correctly.

If you have problems with the archive version, you can use the installer version instead. It can automatically create Resurrection desktop icon and Resurrection directory in Start Menu Programs for you. Download Installer version from here, launch it and installer will guide you through the installation.

Resurrection isn't on Steam so you can't launch it from Steam library.
hnsug42
Neutral

Re: Very basic question: How to launch Resurrection?

Post by hnsug42 »

Answer: I confused the "Fallout 2 restoration project" with "Fallout Resurrection". Oops! That answers my question.

Thanks for pointing out my mistake.

hnsug42