[cheat] Falche \ F2se not working with Resurrection

What do you think about the game? Share your experiences. You can ask other players for advice about quests, or report bugs here as well. POSSIBLE SPOILERS!

Moderators: Ratman, Seto, Saruman, feťák8, valcik, NovaRain

edelvises
Neutral

[cheat] Falche \ F2se not working with Resurrection

Post by edelvises »

Hi. So this programs not working with game. Any solutions for solve the problem?
NovaRain
Liked

Re: Falche \ F2se not working with Resurrection

Post by NovaRain »

edelvises wrote:Hi. So this programs not working with game. Any solutions for solve the problem?
Falche is already obsolete. F12se doesn't work because the game folder structure of Resurrection is different from ordinary TC mods.
It is possible to "reorganize" the structure to make those tools (like F12se and F2wedit) work, but that would require another sfall build since the current one changed the path of global scripts.
For now the only way to edit your character is the old-school hex editing, which is a pain in a** if you're not familiar with SAVE.DAT file format.
Ractaros96
Idolized

Post by Ractaros96 »

Yeah, I tried to use Fallout 2 Save Editor too. In Fallout 2 I always raised all my SPECIAL stats to 10, added 4th tagged skill and added on start Boss Knife (the best knife in game). Now I have to wonder in what ways you can raise SPECIAL stats and create character to make most of it. Actually, I'll start another topic about methods in Resurrection to increase SPECIAL stats in-game.
papaniljo
Neutral

Post by papaniljo »

heya guys, it would be really cool if you gave us a hint about how to modify stats with hex editor. thanks! :)
Ractaros96
Idolized

Post by Ractaros96 »

It's really not that hard to do. First create character and save it. Then download this hex editor: http://www.handshake.de/user/chmaas/del ... /xvi32.zip . Extract it and run. Open your character file you saved earlier. It should be in ...\Fallout 2\Resurrection\resdata folder. It is in .GCD format. Open it. Now look at this screenshot:
To change those values click on one of those marked boxes and go to Tools ----> Bit Manipulation, then in Bit Manipulation window tick ONLY boxes 3 and 1 to get value of 10, click Set button and change the rest of marked boxes in the same way. Then save file and exit. Start game and load your character, you can see that all SPECIAL stats are 10.
papaniljo
Neutral

Post by papaniljo »

ok, i couldn't find the fields i needed, thanks for this! :)
edelvises
Neutral

Post by edelvises »

Ractaros96 wrote:It's really not that hard to do. First create character and save it. Then download this hex editor: http://www.handshake.de/user/chmaas/del ... /xvi32.zip . Extract it and run. Open your character file you saved earlier. It should be in ...\Fallout 2\Resurrection\resdata folder. It is in .GCD format. Open it. Now look at this screenshot:
To change those values click on one of those marked boxes and go to Tools ----> Bit Manipulation, then in Bit Manipulation window tick ONLY boxes 3 and 1 to get value of 10, click Set button and change the rest of marked boxes in the same way. Then save file and exit. Start game and load your character, you can see that all SPECIAL stats are 10.
Can you pls make save at the start of game with next stats? male, 10\10\7\10\10\10\10, 16action points, 700+ carry weight?
Ractaros96
Idolized

Post by Ractaros96 »

edelvises wrote:Can you pls make save at the start of game with next stats? male, 10\10\7\10\10\10\10, 16action points, 700+ carry weight?
I've managed only to change SPECIAL stats. I don't know how to change other values.
maryo
Resurrection team member

Post by maryo »

I found source code of F2SE so it should be easy for someone to change the paths and recompile it.
https://sites.google.com/site/chulancheg/
p129301204
Neutral

Post by p129301204 »

yes does someone know how to make f2se work again please? would be awesome..
ddguy71
Accepted

Post by ddguy71 »

Well I really hope somebody fixes F2SE to work with resurrection.

In the meantime:

SPECIAL 10 starting character

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fi ... 3143385607
Last edited by ddguy71 on Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
NovaRain
Liked

Post by NovaRain »

To make F12se work with Resurrection:
  1. Create a DATA folder in Resurrection folder.
  2. Copy resdata\SAVEGAME folder to DATA.
  3. Make a copy of fores.cfg and rename it to fallout2.cfg.
  4. Make a copy of fores.dat and rename it to patch000.dat.
  5. Copy fallout2.exe from your FO2 main folder to Resurrection folder, or make a copy of FALLOUT2 (no extension) in Resurrection folder and add .exe extension to it.
  6. Open F12se and set the path in File -> Settings (you can press F12) to Resurrection folder, done.
Just remember to copy your edited save slots back to resdata\SAVEGAME.
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Post by Daemon »

Just be careful with editing your save files. There's always possibility you'll break some script dependency and create a bug for yourself.
ddguy71
Accepted

Post by ddguy71 »

NovaRain wrote:To make F12se work with Resurrection:
  1. Create a DATA folder in Resurrection folder.
  2. Copy resdata\SAVEGAME folder to DATA.
  3. Make a copy of fores.cfg and rename it to fallout2.cfg.
  4. Make a copy of fores.dat and rename it to patch000.dat.
  5. Copy fallout2.exe from your FO2 main folder to Resurrection folder, or make a copy of FALLOUT2 (no extension) in Resurrection folder and add .exe extension to it.
  6. Open F12se and set the path in File -> Settings (you can press F12) to Resurrection folder, done.
Just remember to copy your edited save slots back to resdata\SAVEGAME.
Doesn't work. F2SE crashes when I try to save.
There's also an access violation message when I open the save.
Save structure must be different.

[edit 1]
Okay I copied all the files from resdata into the data. I also used the fallout2.exe instead of renaming the file in resurrection folder.
F2SE doesn't crash on save anymore but the access violation popup on save open is still there.
Also F2SE reads the date, character name and a thumbnail. All the other stats are zeros.
No changes made are reflected in game.
NovaRain
Liked

Post by NovaRain »

ddguy71 wrote:Doesn't work. F2SE crashes when I try to save.
There's also an access violation message when I open the save.
Save structure must be different.
I said F12se, not old F2se.
https://sites.google.com/site/chulancheg/