PERKS OVERVIEW

What do you think about the game? Share your experiences. You can ask other players for advice about quests, or report bugs here as well. POSSIBLE SPOILERS!

Moderators: Ratman, Seto, Saruman, feťák8, valcik, NovaRain

Daemon
Resurrection team member

PERKS OVERVIEW

Post by Daemon »

Here's an overview of changes in the perks in Resurrection compared to the original Fallout 2.

New perks (with requirements and description)

Brutish Hulk
LVL 12, IN<4, EN 6
You're not too endowed in the brain department, but you are big hulk of a person. With this perk you gain double the usual hit points when gaining a level.

Die Hard
LVL 3, EN 6, FIRST AID 40%
You don't give up easily, when your Hit Points get below 20% you get an additional 10% to Damage Resistance.

Divine Favor
LVL 15, CHA 9
Some divine power has blessed you. You gain perks one level sooner than usual.

Heavenly Gift
LVL 12, LK 8
Wow! By a complete coincidence you found 10,000 caps. You are incredibly lucky.

Hide of Scars
LVL 15, IN<3, EN 6
You always jump head-first into a fight, which has hardened your muscles. You gain +10% towards all resistances, except fire resistance.

Leader
LVL 9, CHA 6
You are a born leader who can get the best out of his companions. Each member of your party gains 1 extra action point and 10 points towards their armor class.

Loner
LVL 9
You work and live best on your own, without anyone bothering you. When free from the company of tag-alongs, you gain +10% to all skills.

Miraculous Regeneration
LVL 9, EN 8
You heal miraculously. Broken limbs regenerate almost instantaneously, damaged eyesight returns incredibly quickly.

Tech Wizard
LVL 15, REPAIR 80%, SCIENCE 80%
You are a great fan of all things technical, and you're pretty crafty with those things, too. You gain a one-time bonus + 20% towards Science, Repair and Lockpick.

Changed perks

Karma Beacon
This perk never worked so we changed its effect. With every Karma gain or loss, you gain or lose double the amount of Karma with this perk now.

Slayer
Level requirement lowered to level 18

Sniper
Level requirement lowered to level 18

Removed perks

Cult of Personality
Empathy
Explorer
Magnetic Personality
Presence
NovaRain
Liked

Re: PERKS OVERVIEW

Post by NovaRain »

From the source code of fores.exe, it seems Explorer is also removed.
Would be nice if you can also tell players which old perk is replaced by new one, like Empathy is replaced by Heavenly Gift.
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Post by Daemon »

NovaRain wrote:From the source code of fores.exe, it seems Explorer is also removed.
You're right, thanks. I have added it to the list.
NovaRain wrote:Would be nice if you can also tell players which old perk is replaced by new one, like Empathy is replaced by Heavenly Gift.
I can see why you're interested in that regarding your editing of source code, but how is that information useful to regular players?
NovaRain
Liked

Post by NovaRain »

Daemon wrote:
NovaRain wrote:Would be nice if you can also tell players which old perk is replaced by new one, like Empathy is replaced by Heavenly Gift.
I can see why you're interested in that regarding your editing of source code, but how is that information useful to regular players?
Just thought giving out more information to players. But you're right, those technical details are not much useful to regular players. :oops:
carpediem
Accepted

Post by carpediem »

Thanks for posting this. Makes me want to create a new character with these perks: Brutish Hulk, Divine Favor, Hide of Scars
laclongquan
Accepted

Post by laclongquan »

Divine Favor at level 15? Maybe possible with FT but not this module.

Also Brutish Hulk is too late, I think~
Wildan
Neutral

Post by Wildan »

Yeah Brutish Hulk is kind of late because in Fallout 2 hitpoints are not gained for previus levels. Does it at least affect bonus health from the Lifegiver perk? And if so, are level 12 hitpoints included? I was thinking about "banking" perks and taking all health giving ones at level 12.
maryo
Resurrection team member

Post by maryo »

Brutish Hulk is kind of late
It's later than in Tactics but it's the same level as Lifegiver which is maybe weird but that's mostly a weaker perk than this one.
Does it at least affect bonus health from the Lifegiver perk?
It does.
Wildan
Neutral

Post by Wildan »

In the original game you could use consumables like Buffout in order to raise your stats to qualify for perks (which is a huge exploit imo). Can you do the same in Resurrection? If so, does it also work for "negative" requirements?

For example, Brutish Hulk requires a dumb character with less than 4 INT. Can I play a 7 INT character, use Mentants and after 1 day get a -4 INT debuff and thus bring my INT to 3 in order to qualify for Brutish Hulk?
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Post by Daemon »

Wildan wrote:In the original game you could use consumables like Buffout in order to raise your stats to qualify for perks (which is a huge exploit imo). Can you do the same in Resurrection? If so, does it also work for "negative" requirements?
You can do the same in Resurrection, but it won't work for that "negative" requirements.
laclongquan
Accepted

Post by laclongquan »

Heavenly Gift is a bit cheap. 10k of caps equal to ten hunting rifles equal to 2 fights with bandits. The hard cold cash is good for this cash-starved game, but still too cheap.

Make it twenty grand and we would sit up and notice.
laclongquan
Accepted

Post by laclongquan »

Review of old perks: Sexpert or Gigolo

Are they still operational as vanilla, or do they get cut?
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Post by Daemon »

laclongquan wrote:Review of old perks: Sexpert or Gigolo

Are they still operational as vanilla, or do they get cut?
Those are reputation titles, not perks. Gigolo isn't in Resurrection and Sexpert was replaced with Sexual Maniac, having similar conditions to gain, but not the same.
laclongquan
Accepted

Post by laclongquan »

OKay Daemon, a little bit more detailed here.
Do Sexpert for female MC mean 10 male partners, or both sexes?
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Post by Daemon »

laclongquan wrote:OKay Daemon, a little bit more detailed here.
Do Sexpert for female MC mean 10 male partners, or both sexes?
I don't want to give away exact requirements for this title, I don't see reason in that since there's no effect having it. Your character has to be real sexual maniac in order to get it :-) And the requirements are the same for both sexes.