FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Albuquerque Excluding Factions/Quests

Moderators: Ratman, Seto, Saruman

<<

ddguy71

Accepted

Posts: 31

Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:14 pm

Post Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:04 pm

Albuquerque Excluding Factions/Quests

During my first playthrough (unfinished) I got pulse pistol quest from mutant hunters, did the patrol mission and the mutant tribal mission for them, in the meantime I did Anonym quests which resulted in them becoming a new Emperor. After claiming my rewards and syncing my pip boy to Vault 16 I grabbed the plasma weapons blueprints from the palace and went off to see the hunters. As I was approaching their compound I got the message from Anonym about how displeased they were with me trying to join the hunters and that no further missions would come from them.

In my current playthrough I'm running with Lystra and I intend on keeping her - that means siding with the empire.


How much can I do for the hunters and not be rejected by the empire?
Is it possible to keep my allegiance to the empire and get a YK32 plasma pistol as well?
<<

Ractaros96

User avatar

Idolized

Posts: 159

Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:04 pm

Location: Poland

Post Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:01 am

Re: Albuquerque Excluding Factions/Quests

ddguy71 wrote:During my first playthrough (unfinished) I got pulse pistol quest from mutant hunters, did the patrol mission and the mutant tribal mission for them, in the meantime I did Anonym quests which resulted in them becoming a new Emperor. After claiming my rewards and syncing my pip boy to Vault 16 I grabbed the plasma weapons blueprints from the palace and went off to see the hunters. As I was approaching their compound I got the message from Anonym about how displeased they were with me trying to join the hunters and that no further missions would come from them.

In my current playthrough I'm running with Lystra and I intend on keeping her - that means siding with the empire.


How much can I do for the hunters and not be rejected by the empire?
Is it possible to keep my allegiance to the empire and get a YK32 plasma pistol as well?


You cannot do ANYTHING with Hunters, not even talk to them about joining.
<<

Daemon

User avatar

Resurrection team member

Posts: 1180

Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:49 pm

Post Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:46 am

Re: Albuquerque Excluding Factions/Quests

Ractaros96 wrote:You cannot do ANYTHING with Hunters, not even talk to them about joining.


I think I rather clarify this:

When time comes for new emperor to ask for your help, he won't do it when you're Mutant Hunter or adept for becoming Mutant Hunter. He needs help againts Mutant Hunter, so he can't trust you in this case.

You can talk about joining the Hunters. But when you start the joining process, you're adept for becoming Mutant Hunter. You're strongly warned about the consequences of this before you accept to start the process. You still have a change to refuse joining process after that, until you do any of the joining quests. After that, you're too much connected with the Hunters for new emperor to trust you.
<<

ddguy71

Accepted

Posts: 31

Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:14 pm

Post Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:17 am

Re: Albuquerque Excluding Factions/Quests

So let's clarify: does talking to the dwarf about joining marks me as a hunter-wannabe?
Or am I marked after completing one of the 3 recruitment missions?
Which precise action results in me being marked?

I need to talk about joining to the guard I'm selling talismans to, otherwise he won't let me inside and I won't get the mutant camp quest.
<<

Daemon

User avatar

Resurrection team member

Posts: 1180

Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:49 pm

Post Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:28 pm

Re: Albuquerque Excluding Factions/Quests

So I just checked and you actually can ask for to be Mutant Hunter and receive related quests and still new emperor will ask for your help. When you finish one of the Hunters quests, then you're out of his quests regarding Vault 16.
<<

ddguy71

Accepted

Posts: 31

Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:14 pm

Post Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:50 pm

Re: Albuquerque Excluding Factions/Quests

Wow...
Thank you Deamon :)
<<

necromonger

User avatar

Liked

Posts: 61

Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:30 pm

Post Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:56 pm

A bug or what?

I recently joined the Mutant Hunters and then I talked to this woman(in the Imperial palace) and she asked me to swear allegiance to the Emperor and then work for them... So is this a bug that makes it so she doesn't realize that I'm a Mutant Hunter? OR is she asking me to quit the Mutant Hunters and work for the Empire? OR is she asking me to remain a Mutant Hunter and work for the Empire, like a double agent?
<<

Ractaros96

User avatar

Idolized

Posts: 159

Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:04 pm

Location: Poland

Post Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:15 pm

Re: A bug or what?

necromonger wrote:I recently joined the Mutant Hunters and then I talked to this woman(in the Imperial palace) and she asked me to swear allegiance to the Emperor and then work for them... So is this a bug that makes it so she doesn't realize that I'm a Mutant Hunter? OR is she asking me to quit the Mutant Hunters and work for the Empire? OR is she asking me to remain a Mutant Hunter and work for the Empire, like a double agent?


I assume, you've talked to Advisor Elisa. You can work for her and complete Anonym quest, but when you decide to side with Aran and you're a Mutant Hunter, then you won't be able to help him with Vault 16 purge quest.
<<

necromonger

User avatar

Liked

Posts: 61

Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:30 pm

Post Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:43 pm

Re: A bug or what?

Ractaros96 wrote:
necromonger wrote:I recently joined the Mutant Hunters and then I talked to this woman(in the Imperial palace) and she asked me to swear allegiance to the Emperor and then work for them... So is this a bug that makes it so she doesn't realize that I'm a Mutant Hunter? OR is she asking me to quit the Mutant Hunters and work for the Empire? OR is she asking me to remain a Mutant Hunter and work for the Empire, like a double agent?


I assume, you've talked to Advisor Elisa. You can work for her and complete Anonym quest, but when you decide to side with Aran and you're a Mutant Hunter, then you won't be able to help him with Vault 16 purge quest.

Yeah it was Advisor Elisa.
<<

Black

Neutral

Posts: 3

Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:55 pm

Post Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:11 pm

Imperial City and Mutant Hunters- SPOILERS

Aight, here's my problem, which of the MH quests you can do without joining them to not piss off the current Imperial City emperor? I only did the patrol and delivering pulse pistol quests for MH (for both the femperor and Baldy McNohair when I installed him) and they both seem to be triggered if I do anything for MH at all.
What is the exact trigger that makes the emperor not want to work with you any more?
<<

Ractaros96

User avatar

Idolized

Posts: 159

Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:04 pm

Location: Poland

Post Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:52 pm

Re: Imperial City and Mutant Hunters- SPOILERS

Black wrote:Aight, here's my problem, which of the MH quests you can do without joining them to not piss off the current Imperial City emperor? I only did the patrol and delivering pulse pistol quests for MH (for both the femperor and Baldy McNohair when I installed him) and they both seem to be triggered if I do anything for MH at all.
What is the exact trigger that makes the emperor not want to work with you any more?


You can't do ANY quests for MH, you can read more about it here: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=687
<<

Black

Neutral

Posts: 3

Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:55 pm

Post Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:07 pm

Re: Imperial City and Mutant Hunters- SPOILERS

That's rough, so many poor exp points have to be abandoned. Oh well.
Anyway, the fight between Anonymous and The Bald One is amazing, well played devs.
<<

Daemon

User avatar

Resurrection team member

Posts: 1180

Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:49 pm

Post Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:29 pm

Re: Imperial City and Mutant Hunters- SPOILERS

Black wrote:That's rough, so many poor exp points have to be abandoned. Oh well.
Anyway, the fight between Anonymous and The Bald One is amazing, well played devs.

You have got exp for Mutant Hunters quests instead.
Thanks.
<<

MHRW

Neutral

Posts: 2

Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:24 pm

Post Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:34 pm

Revert the quests making you part of the Mutant Hunters?

Hi guys,

Just to start with, you have invented a time machine - it feels like I'm transferred almost 20 years back in time and having the very same excitement of trying Fallout for the very first time when playing this mod. Your efforts and commitment to make Fallout Resurrection happen are extremely appreciated!

Now here is the problem I am having:
1. I have initiated the quest to join the Mutant Hunters, more specifically:
a. Talked to Kraig, he sent me to Yaotzin for a medical check-up, which I successfully passed and returned back to Kraig.
b. Kraig joked that I am part of the Mutant Hunters now, but as he then clarified I'd need to complete the assignment of the 3 Mutant Hunters commanders to truly become a member.
c. The only quest that I have completed from the above Mutant Hunter commanders is the night watch with Dutch.
2. The only quest from the Mutant Hunters that I have active in my Pip-Boy is to obtain the YK32 pistol from the Imperial City. I have never completed this quest.
3. I've completed plenty of non-Mutant Hunters quests in Albuquerque and the Imperial City and finally helped Aron to fight the Anonym and reign to the throne. Aron promised to get back to me via Pip-Boy once he has assignments for me.
4. To my very great surprise, I received a text from Aron saying that he refuses to do any business with me since I am part of the Mutant Hunters.

To make the long story short, I have never completed all the quests necessary to become part of the Mutant Hunters. I do not know whether this is a bug in what Aron takes into account to conclude whether I'm siding with the Mutant Hunters or I may be missing something else here.

Here are the save games just in case:
When Aron becomes the emperor, but has not texted me yet: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ocp3fg3kpa7jq ... 6.zip?dl=0
Right after he dumped be over text: https://www.dropbox.com/s/nt435k3vhzsb5 ... 2.zip?dl=0

Since I have invested a couple dozen hours into the game so far and willing to do the rest of the Imperial City quests, I do not want to give up that easily.
Are there any "legal" in-game methods or quests I could use to make the emperor accept me again?
If not, even though I am normally against any cheats or stuff like that, I am ready to use F12se to revert the status of the Mutant Hunters quests if that's the only way to go. But in order to do the latter I may need some guidance on the relevant GVAR, MVAR or LVAR I should be looking for.

Sorry for the long post, I would appreciate any feedback around this.
<<

Daemon

User avatar

Resurrection team member

Posts: 1180

Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:49 pm

Post Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:50 am

Re: Revert the quests making you part of the Mutant Hunters?

Hi, thank you for the praise.

You aren't Mutant Hunter yet, byt when you finish one of the quest regarding joining the Hunters (in your case night watch with Dutch), your intentions to join them are clear and known to others. You're too connected with Mutant Hunters for Aran to be able to trust you with the job he would have for you otherwise, because it's about going againts the Hunters.

So no, there's no way to change it in your situation, you have made your choice. You can finish Mutant Hunters quests instead.

I can't tell you name of specific variables, I don't remember them and I can't look now since I'm at work. But I wouldn't recommanded to edit them anyway, hard to tell what all you would break by editing them. And after all, it really is cheating, it would give you more quests than you can normaly get.
Next

Return to Fallout Resurrection - Game Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

cron