Is there any general issue theme with a list of bug known?

What do you think about the game? Share your experiences. You can ask other players for advice about quests, or report bugs here as well. POSSIBLE SPOILERS!

Moderators: Ratman, Seto, Saruman, feťák8, valcik, NovaRain

Cylancer
Accepted

Re: Is there any general issue theme with a list of bug know

Post by Cylancer »

I killed that trader in Albuquerque, and couldn't access his stash because it was trapped beyond my skill. I upped my trap skill, but now all shelves are empty. Is that the way it supposed to be?
Waltuo
Accepted

Post by Waltuo »

That's how I did it. I killed him, tried to loot the shelf, failed, raised the skill, disarmed the trap. All the stuff was there. But if the trap went off before you upgraded your traps skill then his goods were destroyed.
Last edited by Waltuo on Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cylancer
Accepted

Post by Cylancer »

Cylancer wrote:I'm trying to help the sheriff to find his son, but this guy doesn't like me. I can avoid him, but if he is necessary to solve the quest, it might to be a problem.
We are cool now.
2016-09-08_18-57-34.png
2016-09-08_18-57-34.png (157.29 KiB) Viewed 18606 times
P.S. After that screenshot, i moved one step forward, and BAM, got shoot. But nevermind, i don't have to see him again.
Waltuo
Accepted

Post by Waltuo »

Two very tiny things I spotted.

When you ask Greg to treat your blood poisoning he asks for 10 caps, but after healing you he says that he will charge you 20! At first I thought he was trying to screw me over, but since he still takes just 10 caps, this is probably a mistake. :)
scr00006.jpg
scr00006.jpg (109.95 KiB) Viewed 18599 times
Another strange thing is that Awareness cannot tell you how much ammo does Samuel have in his gun. Great job with that, btw, that old man did manage to pull his bluff on me at first! :)
scr00007.jpg
scr00007.jpg (181.86 KiB) Viewed 18599 times
Also, I would like to ask you guys one thing. I'm using a GOG.com version of Fallout 2 to run Resurrection. One thing that I've noticed is that, ever since they got the game back on GOG after some legal dispute a while back, they've removed the cool illustrations for Chem Reliant and Chem Resistant traits and replaced them with a generic Vault Boy image. Any way to get those pics back?
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Post by Daemon »

Waltuo wrote:When you ask Greg to treat your blood poisoning he asks for 10 caps, but after healing you he says that he will charge you 20! At first I thought he was trying to screw me over, but since he still takes just 10 caps, this is probably a mistake. :)
It's a typo created during translation, I already fixed it some time ago, will be in the next version.
Waltuo wrote:Another strange thing is that Awareness cannot tell you how much ammo does Samuel have in his gun.
I don't know what's up with that. Seems like Fallout 2 bug concerning that rifle.
Waltuo wrote:Also, I would like to ask you guys one thing. I'm using a GOG.com version of Fallout 2 to run Resurrection. One thing that I've noticed is that, ever since they got the game back on GOG after some legal dispute a while back, they've removed the cool illustrations for Chem Reliant and Chem Resistant traits and replaced them with a generic Vault Boy image.
Really? What generic image? Just Vault boy standing? Can't that be part of the censorship - isn't that Bethesda version censored? Do you have children in the game (I mean in the original Fallout 2)?
Waltuo
Accepted

Post by Waltuo »

Daemon wrote:Really? What generic image? Just Vault boy standing? Can't that be part of the censorship - isn't that Bethesda version censored? Do you have children in the game (I mean in the original Fallout 2)?
Yep, just Vault Boy standing, same pic as for Character Points. Kids are in the game, yes. I killed one kid for experimentation purposes, and it works as normal (gory animation with Bloody Mess, you get the Childkiller reputation, etc).
Last edited by Waltuo on Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Post by Daemon »

Waltuo wrote:
Daemon wrote:Really? What generic image? Just Vault boy standing? Can't that be part of the censorship - isn't that Bethesda version censored? Do you have children in the game (I mean in the original Fallout 2)?
Yep, just Vault Boy standing, same pic as for Character Points. Kids are in the game, yes. I killed one kid for experimentation purposes, and it works as normal (gory animation with Bloody Mess, you get the Childkiller reputation. etc).
Hm, interesting and strange :-) Thanks for checking. That kid died for the good cause (for science!) :-D
Cylancer
Accepted

Post by Cylancer »

2016-09-22_22-18-13.jpg
2016-09-22_22-18-13.jpg (244.79 KiB) Viewed 18575 times
Cursor changes to "look" when on it, but You can't look nor click on it. *SPOILER* that is dead deathclaw in PROGENA. Also, when loading in that area, I loaded game in map mode, clicking on triangle I was in front of the entrance alone. Tried to recreate that bug, didn't succeed.
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Post by Daemon »

Cylancer wrote:Cursor changes to "look" when on it, but You can't look nor click on it. *SPOILER* that is dead deathclaw in PROGENA.
What exactly do you mean? You click and nothing happens? Not even look option is highlighted? Does this still happen when you load the game? If so, can you upload your save? When I kill it, it works fine.
Cylancer wrote:Also, when loading in that area, I loaded game in map mode, clicking on triangle I was in front of the entrance alone. Tried to recreate that bug, didn't succeed.
Yeah, this very occasionally happens, not only in PROGEMA. Seems to be engine bug.
Waltuo
Accepted

Post by Waltuo »

Two little things I noticed that I think could be improved without too much fuss. (I hope!)

1. If you try to loot Dr. Moore's shelves after you poison him, he'll just plainly warn you to stay away as he normally does. I found this to be quite funny, what with his possessiveness overcoming his death throes, but it may make more sense to make the float text unique in this situation (sth like: *urrrghh* Stay away *gurgle* from there *blargh* you asshole... *dies*). :D

2. If you manipulate Alexa into committing suicide after you have taken out Julian's gang with her help, her men will still say that they have to split before Julian finds out what happened.
Darek
Neutral

Post by Darek »

First I would like to thank the developers of this mod. It is very good and I'm enjoying it a lot.
I haven't finished my first game yet, but wanted to report a couple of bugs I've experienced so far into my play through, that I haven't seen reported.

Some locks in Imperial city have a negative modifier when using the lock pick tools, so they actually get harder to unlock instead of easier. Margaret's outer storeroom door comes to mind.

A problem with Caravaner in Albuquerque saying Frost is dead when reaching town, although he didn't die and he still shows up in Sedit when going back there. Tracked the problem back to global_var 911 being set to 8192 already before starting the Caravan mission with Frost. I took a caravan run previous to that and the caravan master died (not Frost), so it looks like the variable didn't get reset afterwards for some reason. I think it gets fully reset when you go back with the same caravan again, but when you don't, it leaves the 8192 bits.

Had a problem with companions levelling up, it doesn't always work. Current hit points gets raised by ten, but no changes are made to the proto file, so the NPC's current hitpoints are higher than it's maximum. I had a save where I tested to level up Mutt, and more often than not it would get bugged. When I tested the same save a day later it got bugged only once in a while. No idea what is going on, maybe a race condition or something...
Cylancer
Accepted

Post by Cylancer »

I'm planing to start again. I was wondering if there is version or patch with all fixes.
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Post by Daemon »

Cylancer wrote:I'm planing to start again. I was wondering if there is version or patch with all fixes.
No, patch 1.5 is still in development. Watch our page for the news about its release.
Racuch Zawodowiec
Neutral

Post by Racuch Zawodowiec »

I am trying to solve missing sheriff's son quest in sedith but the cop near the mansion entrance shoots me on the spot. I didn't do anything wrong to him and I can talk to anyone there with no problem. Could someone repair my savefile or give me some tips, other than ''start new game from scratch''? http://www.filedropper.com/slot01
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Post by Daemon »

Here's repaired save: http://www.filedropper.com/slot01_1
I don't know why this cop becomes hostile without a reason for some players. I tried some changes to fix it but obviously it didn't helped :(