Asmodeus's Cave Floater Mystery

What do you think about the game? Share your experiences. You can ask other players for advice about quests, or report bugs here as well. POSSIBLE SPOILERS!

Moderators: Ratman, Seto, Saruman, feťák8, valcik, NovaRain

Hazardly
Neutral

Asmodeus's Cave Floater Mystery

Post by Hazardly »

Hello :)

Im curious about the strange floater there,i tried to talk to him,using the purple robe or not, and both times he attacks me :?

did anyone find something different? reading the holodisk about Asmodeus says that he was able to control
floaters.

also sorry for my english,english is not my native language.
Baardhaas
Accepted

Re: Asmodeus's Cave Floater Mystery

Post by Baardhaas »

Hazardly wrote:Hello :)

Im curious about the strange floater there,i tried to talk to him,using the purple robe or not, and both times he attacks me :?

did anyone find something different? reading the holodisk about Asmodeus says that he was able to control
floaters.

also sorry for my english,english is not my native language.
I haven't tried it myself, but it's supposedly a follower for stupid characters.
Hazardly
Neutral

Post by Hazardly »

Baardhaas wrote: I haven't tried it myself, but it's supposedly a follower for stupid characters.
So i need low intelligence like 3 Int?

My character has 8 Int so i can't get the Floater :(
Baardhaas
Accepted

Post by Baardhaas »

Hazardly wrote: So i need low intelligence like 3 Int?

My character has 8 Int so i can't get the Floater :(
You could try to take 2 mentats and sleep for 24 hours. Should temporarily drop your INT by 6 points. Not sure if it works and what would happen once your INT is back again.
carpediem
Accepted

Post by carpediem »

I tried this with low intelligence, and the floater will follow you. Once your intelligence is back up to a higher level, the floater will attack you. It is not possible to keep him without being a low intelligence character.
alex
Neutral

Post by alex »

Where's this cave anyway? I've finished the game twice already and I can't find the darn thing.
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Post by Daemon »

alex wrote:Where's this cave anyway? I've finished the game twice already and I can't find the darn thing.
Jonathan, who lives at the Scrapyard, will point you the location on the worldmap.
alex
Neutral

Post by alex »

I can't see any dialogue option that would reveal it. Maybe it's because I completed all the quests in Sedit, or perhaps I completed wrong quests? Anyhow, now that I know the game a bit, I'm getting ready for a stupid run. Hopefully, Jonathan will reveal the location of the cave to a 3 int moron.
Waltuo
Accepted

Post by Waltuo »

He is supposed to ask you for help himself, right after you deliver the goods to him. There may be some special requirement for him to mention it, however I have no idea what that would be. :(
alex
Neutral

Post by alex »

And who gives the quest to deliver the goods to him, and where do I find this person? I must have skipped that entirely.
Waltuo
Accepted

Post by Waltuo »

You get the quest from Charlie in Lost Town. He can usually be found wondering near the northern town exit gird. ;)
alex
Neutral

Post by alex »

Thanks for the info. I found the guy and the place. But how do I make the floater follow me? I put the robe on, but it attacks me after conversation. Are there some hidden requirements to make it a follower? I have 3 int and 2 charisma.
Waltuo
Accepted

Post by Waltuo »

IN 3 and CH 2 were my stats as well and it worked ok. Not sure if this makes a difference but do you have another companion with you? If I remember correctly, I told Mutt to wait, just in case, before I approached the floater. Also, if you want to keep Drools, your base IN has to be 3 or lower, otherwise he'll just attack you as soon as it goes up again.
Last edited by Waltuo on Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
alex
Neutral

Post by alex »

I figured that might be a problem so I told Mutt to wait. When that didn't work, I killed the dog, but the floater kept attacking me after conversation. I'm doing a stupid run, so my int is permanently 3.
Waltuo
Accepted

Post by Waltuo »

Right, very strange. I think I did everything the same as you have. I read the holodisk, told Mutt to wait, put on robes, approached the floater, "talked" to it, got burned for one HP in conversation, and that's it, it joined me. I'm not aware of any other requirements? Is it clear from the conversation that your character likes the floater? Do you name it "Drools"?
Last edited by Waltuo on Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.