Bug? Radiation in town

What do you think about the game? Share your experiences. You can ask other players for advice about quests, or report bugs here as well. POSSIBLE SPOILERS!

Moderators: Ratman, Seto, Saruman, feťák8, valcik, NovaRain

Fal2
Neutral

Bug? Radiation in town

Post by Fal2 »

I just started playing, and I'm really impressed!

But I think I may have encountered a bug. If I spend any significant amount of time in the first town (New Hope), such as getting those medicine bags made, or waiting to protect the brahmin, my radiation level goes up.

I'm assuming that this is a bug, and that the town is not radioactive? Or is my talisman radioactive or something? Because right now it looks as if it is too dangerous to stay in this town.

I'm running Fallout 2 (GOG edition) on Windows 7 with the hi-res patcher that came with the installation. No mods.
Fal2
Neutral

Re: Bug? Radiation in town

Post by Fal2 »

Update: The bug occurs everywhere. I get about 2 levels of radiation per hour, no matter where I go.
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Post by Daemon »

It's a world after the nuclear war, slightly increased radiation is everywhere. To get 2 rads every hour seems lot though, but I guess with low radiation resistance and low endurance, it's possible.
GarettZriwin
Accepted

Post by GarettZriwin »

I don't remember getting radiation with my low EN builds, so its strange.

Also, even if it was working properly - 48 rad per day is waaaaay too much. You are dead in 22 days if I remember correctly - 1000 rads = death, right?
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Post by Daemon »

It isn't only about endurance. With Fast metabolism perk and without armor, you have 0 % radiation resistance. 22 days isn't short time, it's planty of time to get yourself some radaway. But I don't think you ever get 1000 rads that quick, that you really get 2 rads every hour.