The Game Crashes When Entering New Locations [FIXED]

What do you think about the game? Share your experiences. You can ask other players for advice about quests, or report bugs here as well. POSSIBLE SPOILERS!

Moderators: Ratman, Seto, Saruman, feťák8, valcik, NovaRain

SweetAutumns
Neutral

The Game Crashes When Entering New Locations [FIXED]

Post by SweetAutumns »

So, a full year after the mod's English release (almost to the day) I discovered Resurrection. At first I was in love because it really did seem to be Fallout 1, but more of it. Then I left Corrath and attempted to visit Alberquerque. And the Scrapyard. And many other locations. However, each time I try to actually enter an area from the map I get a message along the lines of "Instruction at 004d4fb3 referenced memory at 00000020. The memory could not be read from." That's the specific one for scrapyard, and I'm unsure if it changes from place to place since the messages all look so similar.
The small list of working locations are: New Hope, Sedit, Rat Hole and Corrath.
Any location not on that list simply crashes the game and gives me the memory error message.
I have the GOG version of Fo2 with the restoration project and one small mod for Miria. To my knowledge, Resurrection is installed fully and properly and I have tried playing it with a clean copy of Fo2 (no mods whatsoever) but still I just ran into the same problem.

Well here's to hoping that someone is still alive on this forum and that they can help.
Last edited by SweetAutumns on Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Re: The Game Crashes When Entering New Locations

Post by Daemon »

What is your operation system? Have you done some changes by F12se in your save?

Anyway, please upload your save somewhere and I'll check it.
SweetAutumns
Neutral

Post by SweetAutumns »

Daemon wrote:What is your operation system? Have you done some changes by F12se in your save?

Anyway, please upload your save somewhere and I'll check it.
I'm on Windows 7, 64 bit and I've done multiple clean saves, some with F12se and some without. Mostly trying to brute force my character into a map that would crash my game, buffing to reach the same place from the get-go, or trying to rebuild the character I deleted thinking something had gone wrong with the save. This is the most recent file I have:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jz9hy1038spo ... 06r8a?dl=0

And thanks in advance, I wasn't expecting such a quick response.
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Post by Daemon »

You have uploaded wrong save. It's save right from the start of the game named ALICE TEST.
How do you brute force your character into a map?
SweetAutumns
Neutral

Post by SweetAutumns »

That is the right save; I used that save to test each location on the map, sure enough, every place except those listed in the original post crashed when trying to enter - and this problem is present on every save I've created. ALICE TEST was me running out of New Hope and straight over to scrapyard and still getting the crash. (It's also the only one I have, I tried completely wiping 1.5 from my computer and reinstalling it, and that included removing all my saves. So that was the save I created to see if it was my install that was buggered.)

And I tried to brute force myself into those places by changing my character's location with f12se and trying to spawn the car to see if that might help me enter them. I've tried everything I can think of.

I appreciate that you have little to work with here, but I'm giving you everything that I have to work with.
SweetAutumns
Neutral

Re: The Game Crashes When Entering New Locations [FIXED]

Post by SweetAutumns »

Hey, new development:
My laptop was running pretty slow so I decided to get rid of all the useless files I have lying around and clean everything out, then I also reinstalled Fallout 2 and 1.5, and it seems to be working fine now. I have no idea how or why, but apparently there was something on my PC stopping it from working.
Really, thank you so much for your help so far, but it isn't needed anymore. I'm sorry to just come back with the magic "Hey, I fixed it without you!" (and for wasting your time), I suppose I got lucky. Again, thank you, even just for trying.
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Re: The Game Crashes When Entering New Locations [FIXED]

Post by Daemon »

Well, I would like to know what was the problem but the most important thing is that the game is working for you.
Let me know if you encounter any other problem. And enjoy the game :-)