I'm unable to play with this mod.

What do you think about the game? Share your experiences. You can ask other players for advice about quests, or report bugs here as well. POSSIBLE SPOILERS!

Moderators: Ratman, Seto, Saruman, feťák8, valcik, NovaRain

poleszuk
Neutral

I'm unable to play with this mod.

Post by poleszuk »

Recently I've heard about this new mod for fallout 2. I installed it, after new intro I saw the same menu as in vanilia, then the same characters builds as in vanilia (Narg and his fellow tribals from Arroyo). Then I saw second intro with rats in cave and screen gone gray. I could only move the cursor. I launched the game from fores.exe in resurrection folder. Could someone explain me where is the problem?
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Re: I'm unable to play with this mod.

Post by Daemon »

Try to run the game as administrator.
Do you have english version of Fallout 2 or do you have Polish version (I'm not sure if such version exists)? Better to have English version of Fallout 2 installed.
If non of this helps, check that you have all the necessary Resurrection files in Fallout 2\Resurrection folder. You can find list of files in fores_readme.txt
Ractaros96
Idolized

Post by Ractaros96 »

Daemon wrote:Do you have english version of Fallout 2 or do you have Polish version (I'm not sure if such version exists)? Better to have English version of Fallout 2 installed.
Polish version exists alright :D But it may be true, I've played with the English one and had no problems.
poleszuk
Neutral

Post by poleszuk »

I've checked and there are all the files in the fallout folder. I use english GOG version of the game and english version of the mod. Launching the game as administrator also didn't help. Still in the menu appears old advanced power armour helmet just with different subtitles on the bottom. After the menu there are also old character builds from fallout 2. There are only new intros from the mod. After the intros screen go gray every single time. But I am grateful and thx for the answer.
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Post by Daemon »

All Resurrection files are supposed to be in Resurrection folder and Resurrection folder is supposed to be in Fallout 2 folder. But I guess you meant that.

It's possible that an antivirus is preventing the game from running. This happens mainly when the game is installed in Program Files directory or any other directory protected by Windows. But can happen in other folder as well when your antivirus settings are too strict. In that case you would need to make an exception for the file Fallout 2/Resurrection/fores.exe in your antivirus settings.