Companions

What do you think about the game? Share your experiences. You can ask other players for advice about quests, or report bugs here as well. POSSIBLE SPOILERS!

Moderators: Ratman, Seto, Saruman, feťák8, valcik, NovaRain

Daemon
Resurrection team member

Re: Companions

Post by Daemon »

Explanation for removed armor button:
You can see what armor is party member wearing on his/her critter. In contrary to original Fallout 2 where critters always looked the same. But that creates problems. There're no appearances for punk girl (Keri) in leather and metal armor. And that's part of the reason why Lystra and Gabriel critters have the same appearance as the player character. That's why changing of armor is done through the dialog. And it makes sense too, that they don't blindly accept any armor, that they don't want to wear weaker one than they're used to.

In order to make them to wear different armor, you need to have spare one in your inventory or in inventory of that party member. Then just tell them to wear it. Combat armor, power armor or robe is willing to wear every (human) party member.
theiceman47
Accepted

Post by theiceman47 »

There's no any way to make Keri wear leather armor?
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Post by Daemon »

theiceman47 wrote:There's no any way to make Keri wear leather armor?
There isn't. She wears only leather jacket, robe, combat armor, power armor.

There is a way with help of a hotkey mentioned by NovaRain here. But armor won't be visible on her and I wouldn't recommend that since I'm not sure that it won't create any bug.
Whistler
Accepted

Post by Whistler »

I don't think there is an animation for green haired girl in leather armor, so it's a very clever way around it, giving depth to a character. Just like tribals can't use guns, since no animation.
boskoz
Neutral

Post by boskoz »

Just like tribals can't use guns, since no animation.
What?
I clearly remember my Sulik with 10mm SMG which was Op as f**k in the original game
Baardhaas
Accepted

Post by Baardhaas »

What are the maximum stats of the companions?

So far I've got Keri got 4 level ups and is now at 111 hitpoints (one level up got bugged)
and Mutt had 5 level ups and is at 125 with 19 melee damage.
Lystra only got a single level so far and is at 82 hitpoints.
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Post by Daemon »

Max level for them is 5
Whistler
Accepted

Post by Whistler »

boskoz wrote:
Just like tribals can't use guns, since no animation.
What?
I clearly remember my Sulik with 10mm SMG which was Op as f**k in the original game
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Animation_frames
SMG is ok, something like Big Guns is not sadly.
NyuKuro
Accepted

Post by NyuKuro »

Can Keri effectively use the Anti material rifle?

Or does she lack the strength? Because she keeps on missing when using it.

Also does Lystra have minimum str for plasma rifle?
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Post by Daemon »

Keri has ST 6 and Lystra ST 4, so they lack strength for these weapons. And besides anti material rifle is classified as big gun.
NyuKuro
Accepted

Post by NyuKuro »

Daemon wrote:Keri has ST 6 and Lystra ST 4, so they lack strength for these weapons. And besides anti material rifle is classified as big gun.
I see, thanks for answering :)
Whistler
Accepted

Post by Whistler »

I get why all companions can dress in robes, but it doesn't make sense for Gabriel, since it's worse than Leather Armor. Maybe add some low speech check there? Also is there a Leather Armor MK II in the game?
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Post by Daemon »

Whistler wrote:I get why all companions can dress in robes, but it doesn't make sense for Gabriel, since it's worse than Leather Armor. Maybe add some low speech check there? Also is there a Leather Armor MK II in the game?
Gabriel understands need for masking himself. It's too important to be able dress him in a robe for the Rebirt base to make it dependant on a skill.

Whistler wrote:Also is there a Leather Armor MK II in the game?
No.
Whistler
Accepted

Post by Whistler »

Daemon wrote: Gabriel understands need for masking himself. It's too important to be able dress him in a robe for the Rebirt base to make it dependant on a skill.
Sure, but he can wear robe anytime, anywhere after being recruited, not just at the area before entering Ghoul base. Dialouge before entering the base, or even some mention of his ability to camouflage would work too.
necromonger
Liked

Post by necromonger »

Who is the best companion for unarmed combat? I need someone to take on Blaster in Corath.