Quest - maria investigation[spoiler]

What do you think about the game? Share your experiences. You can ask other players for advice about quests, or report bugs here as well. POSSIBLE SPOILERS!

Moderators: Ratman, Seto, Saruman, feťák8, valcik, NovaRain

Baardhaas
Accepted

Re: Quest - maria investigation[spoiler]

Post by Baardhaas »

VataR wrote:Anyone knows speech check requirement to make her suicide?
Not sure, but I did it with speech at 80%, 9 intelligence and 5 charisma.
necromonger
Liked

Post by necromonger »

Can you finish this quest if Julian is dead?
Ractaros96
Idolized

Post by Ractaros96 »

necromonger wrote:Can you finish this quest if Julian is dead?
Probably, his presence is not required to complete it.
laclongquan
Accepted

Post by laclongquan »

Probabbly not. The final dialog is with Julian in the South side, in his shop, not the North side after battle. So if he's dead there, no final dialog. You can talk with the grieving father to send him to the grave visit.
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Post by Daemon »

laclongquan wrote:You can talk with the grieving father to send him to the grave visit.
And that finishes Maria's murder investigation quest.
Tosser
Neutral

Post by Tosser »

Ractaros96 wrote:
salamisami wrote:I've been unable to complete this quest too. I think I've exhausted all the different dialogue options with every NPC in Rat hole, digged up Maria's grave and found doctor Reed's bag but I'm unable to advance further. I'm probably missing something again...
I managed to complete this quest the first time I went to Rat Hole:

1. Talk to George and tell him that you'll help him find the truth about his daughter murder.
2. Go to doctor and persuade him to give you stuff left by doctor Reed.
3. Talk with that priest in church, he'll point you to the gravedigger.
4. Talk with gravedigger and find out the truth about Maria grave.
5. Dig out that paper from Reed's grave next to Maria's.
6. Talk to Alexia to find out that she can make poison.
7. Talk to doctor again, so he can tell you what that paper from grave is about.
8. Report your findings to George. He should point you to visiting Alexia.
9. Confront Alexia about the murder, you can fight her for her crimes (and all her mercenaries), but you can end this quest without a single bullet fired. You can convince her to take her life. Save your game before talking to her and try.
10. After Alexia death go to George to finish quest.
11. Then talk to Julian, he'll give you reward too.
Hi! I can't complete the quest because I buried grave before taking bag from doctor. There is no dialogue option with George to blame Alexa.
GarettZriwin
Accepted

Post by GarettZriwin »

Bag is in his desk, you need to lockpick it.
Ractaros96
Idolized

Post by Ractaros96 »

Tosser wrote:Hi! I can't complete the quest because I buried grave before taking bag from doctor. There is no dialogue option with George to blame Alexa.
If you got that paper from the grave before getting Reed's bag, then you still should be able to do it.
Tosser
Neutral

Post by Tosser »

Ractaros96 wrote:
Tosser wrote:Hi! I can't complete the quest because I buried grave before taking bag from doctor. There is no dialogue option with George to blame Alexa.
If you got that paper from the grave before getting Reed's bag, then you still should be able to do it.
Well the fact is that I got paper from the grave, sowed it to doctor, talked to George about it, then got the paper from the bag and talked to George, and then stuck cause got no other dialogue options to continue quest.
GarettZriwin
Accepted

Post by GarettZriwin »

Have you examined notes? You should have option to talk about note from bag with George and then if you know that Alexia is using poison you can tell George that it could probably be her.
Tosser
Neutral

Post by Tosser »

GarettZriwin wrote:Have you examined notes? You should have option to talk about note from bag with George and then if you know that Alexia is using poison you can tell George that it could probably be her.
Yes I've examined both notes, I talked about both notes with George, I've talked with Alexia before about her poisons, and still have no option to blame her.
yedi-pl
Neutral

Post by yedi-pl »

Ractaros96 wrote:
necromonger wrote:Can you finish this quest if Julian is dead?
In my game:

1) I get know who is muderer and I talked with George about it;
2) I sided with Alexa and killed Jullian;
After battle I saw dead George
3) I "told" Alexa to suicide.
Now I'm not able to finish quest with investigation.

Propably this way wasn't predictioned by modders. But in my opinion this is situation with no ending. Firstly player (myself) was warned by George that Leonard's men shoot him on sight. Secondly with premeditation sided with murderer. Maybe to end quest in log should be added "player thinking" for ex.: "Now nobody stand to care about dead girl". After that quest can be marked in pipboy as finished without any rewards.
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Post by Daemon »

Well, of course when you get quest giver killed, then you can't finish his quest. That applies to any other quest.
fiveseven15
Neutral

Post by fiveseven15 »

any reason why doc refuses to chat about the note? he just repeats the 'i have no time for chit chat' and the only option for me to choose is 'leave'
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Post by Daemon »

fiveseven15 wrote:any reason why doc refuses to chat about the note? he just repeats the 'i have no time for chit chat' and the only option for me to choose is 'leave'
Do you mean note from the grave? Did you look at it (using binoculars icon)? Isn't possible your character has enough doctor skill to understand its content?