PROGEMA facility

What do you think about the game? Share your experiences. You can ask other players for advice about quests, or report bugs here as well. POSSIBLE SPOILERS!

Moderators: Ratman, Seto, Saruman, feťák8, valcik, NovaRain

Ractaros96
Idolized

PROGEMA facility

Post by Ractaros96 »

I have some questions about this location:

1. Is there any possible way to remove those rocks behind door on level 2?
2. Earlier in game I have found Plasma Transformer at the Corath mine and now in PROGEMA I have found second one. Can I use them in any way?
LifeTears
Liked

Re: PROGEMA facility

Post by LifeTears »

Ractaros96 wrote:I have some questions about this location:

2. Earlier in game I have found Plasma Transformer at the Corath mine and now in PROGEMA I have found second one. Can I use them in any way?
Try using more dynamite and see what happens, I think you can get access to all the floors with having 100 science and 100 repair. I'm going to try it when i max it out.
Ractaros96
Idolized

Post by Ractaros96 »

LifeTears wrote:
Ractaros96 wrote:I have some questions about this location:

Try using more dynamite and see what happens, I think you can get access to all the floors with having 100 science and 100 repair. I'm going to try it when i max it out.
I know for sure that you need at least 101 (it must be above 100) science to turn on main computer and open all doors. For repairing generator 100 repair will be enough.

Yeah, I have completely forgot about that ventilation hatch, I thought that after detonating dynamite on second level I couldn't get back there, because of that cave-in where deathclaw was.
Ractaros96
Idolized

Post by Ractaros96 »

I went back with that ventilation hatch after detonation and I don't have anymore option to go down that hole on first level. There is no way of going down now. Without dynamite there is no way of clearing that door on second level. How the hell I am supposed to get past that pile of rock behind door on second level without collapsing entire floor?
LifeTears
Liked

Post by LifeTears »

Ractaros96 wrote:I went back with that ventilation hatch after detonation and I don't have anymore option to go down that hole on first level. There is no way of going down now. Without dynamite there is no way of clearing that door on second level. How the hell I am supposed to get past that pile of rock behind door on second level without collapsing entire floor?
Daemon?
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Post by Daemon »

You can personally visit only 1st floor and part of the second one. The base is too much damaged to be able to get deeper.

Ractaros96: As you have mentioned, you have collapsed entire 2nd floor, that's why there isn't option to go there anymore.
ddguy71
Accepted

Post by ddguy71 »

So what is the best way to go through Progema?

So far I have only managed to blow up the debris blocking the elevator and rope down.
Computer by the generator doesn't respond. (science 125)
When I try to repair the generator it fuses. (repair 125) [Edit} Repair 300 yields the same results
I go down to the second level and pick up combat armor and the weapon in the storage room and then leave via cave with a deathclaw.

Am I doing something wrong?
Baardhaas
Accepted

Post by Baardhaas »

There are two generators. One fuses, the other is repairable.
ddguy71
Accepted

Post by ddguy71 »

Baardhaas wrote:There are two generators. One fuses, the other is repairable.
Thank you, you saved me a lot of frustration :)
Ractaros96
Idolized

Post by Ractaros96 »

Daemon wrote:You can personally visit only 1st floor and part of the second one. The base is too much damaged to be able to get deeper.
Well, I don't like it at all. For that I would like to connect that location to West Tek Research Complex (Glow) in F1. With quests there is only need to go to the first level to get that holodisk for BoS, yet you can visit all 6 levels of that complex, even if it's only some loot and holotapes to read. I just love to explore such locations. Pre-war research facilities in Fallout were always creepy and shed a light on how government and army of United States worked before war. As a matter of fact while constantly manipulating people with propaganda, they had little regard for human life. The entire society was dehumanized and probably not only in US. I remember how brutally protests were crushed, when US annexed Canada in 2072. Or in Fallout 3 when I read about testing new Nuka-Cola products and death of few people that it resulted in. The USA in Fallout Universe before war were obsessed with nuclear energy (and nuclear weapons too), completely dehumanized by expansive 20th century corporate capitalism which never ended. It resulted in uncontrollable research of creating super-soldiers by genetic manipulation and FEV wirus and creating new lethal life forms used in military. This world was meant to end in nuclear Apocalypse.
Well, I'm sorry for that long talk. I think i just love to analyze the whole Fallout Universe, both sociologically and philosophically comparing it to our real world. The same with Star Trek Universe, which I love unconditionally.
Baardhaas
Accepted

Post by Baardhaas »

Not sure if giving you a hint here on stuff you already found out but: Did you notice how he said you can not "personally" visit the other floors?
Ractaros96
Idolized

Post by Ractaros96 »

Baardhaas wrote:Not sure if giving you a hint here on stuff you already found out but: Did you notice how he said you can not "personally" visit the other floors?
Yeah yeah, I know about that robot on level 3.
Shiv
Neutral

Post by Shiv »

Where does one hear/learn (in-game) about this facility?
Ractaros96
Idolized

Post by Ractaros96 »

Shiv wrote:Where does one hear/learn (in-game) about this facility?
You don't have to. Just go south of Rat Hole. It'll be marked.
Shiv
Neutral

Post by Shiv »

You don't have to. Just go south of Rat Hole. It'll be marked.
Yes, but i was wondering if there was quest or dialog i missed about the facility.