Albuquerque Excluding Factions/Quests

What do you think about the game? Share your experiences. You can ask other players for advice about quests, or report bugs here as well. POSSIBLE SPOILERS!

Moderators: Ratman, Seto, Saruman, feťák8, valcik, NovaRain

MHRW
Neutral

Re: Revert the quests making you part of the Mutant Hunters?

Post by MHRW »

Thanks for pointing out the criteria to be associated with the Mutant Hunters: it's the completion of either of the three probation quests.
That was a sufficient tip to figure out the GVAR I should play with. In my case it is reverting 883:GVAR_AQ_QUEST_MTHUNT_DUTCH_QUEST from 2 to 0. I've tried a couple of quests after this adjustment and everything seems to be working fine so far.

Hope this helps someone who would end up in a situation like I did.
Mgaak
Neutral

Imperium vs Mutant hunters *major spoilers*

Post by Mgaak »

Hello.

Ive just got rid of Anonym and the present ruler of Empire told me that he'll remeber me if he will need some help. I went to get +1 STR boost and when I woke up I got a message via pipboy - He told me that due to me enlisting to Hunters (not being a member yet, I didnt want to loose Lystra) we cant work anymore and he cant be reasoned with.

What am I missing ?

I dont have any saves prior to that sooo... do I have to start the game again ?
Anyone knows if I can "undo" the quests using some save editor ?
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Re: Imperium vs Mutant hunters *major spoilers*

Post by Daemon »

When you finish at least one of the quests regarding joining the Hunters, your intentions to join them are clear and known to new emperor. You're too connected with Mutant Hunters for Aran to be able to trust you with the job he would have for you otherwise, because it's about going againts the Hunters. Instead of those quests, you can do quests regarding joining the Hunters.

You could change global variable that says you have completed a quest for Mutant Hunters, (see here example) but it depends on which quest it was and you would have to do it before you get the message from Aran.
And I wouldn't recommand to edit variables anyway, hard to tell what all you could break by editing them.
Mgaak
Neutral

Re: Imperium vs Mutant hunters *major spoilers*

Post by Mgaak »

Im gonna try it, In normal world you could talk to the guy (god damn, I just risked my life to save him, and its so easy to die in Resurrection!) and convince him that I would sever all my ties to the Hunters just to help him (I just dont want to loose Lystra :roll: )
Mgaak
Neutral

Re: Albuquerque Excluding Factions/Quests

Post by Mgaak »

Ive found an earlier save in which I did not finish the "take care of mutated savages" but I started it, Im going to play from there and look if this will work.

Edit:
It worked. If you just started quests for Hunters you still have an option to help an Emperor. I even killed the tribals and got both schematics and energy gun but I guess game understands that you are a Hunter when you finish a quest for them.