Is there any general issue theme with a list of bug known?

What do you think about the game? Share your experiences. You can ask other players for advice about quests, or report bugs here as well. POSSIBLE SPOILERS!

Moderators: Ratman, Seto, Saruman, feťák8, valcik, NovaRain

VataR
Liked

Re: Is there any general issue theme with a list of bug know

Post by VataR »

Sethmage, thank you for response. Are you from project team?
sethmage wrote:Man you grasping at straws here :roll: , let see
Just posting issues/thoughts i see to help the game (like i always do on "indie" projects i like)
sethmage wrote:Issue#8
That was a mistake. Your last one, [insert noun], again maybe not the most catch phrase used in literature, but grammatically correct.
You emphasize that people in the setting are "retards" while this phrase is truly "oxford like".
sethmage wrote: And yer fucked – he's Irish
Didn't know/find it. Thank you
sethmage wrote:All of these but one are nothing but different point of view. Have you see the movie Snatch, how many people understood what Brat Pitt was saying, All I'm saying not everything has to be from oxford dictionary.
Great movie, truly loved how Ritchie showed Pavees. Kinda fond of London accent Ritchie is pushing through all his movies.
I do agree that junkie's speech should not be 100% correct. I am just quite confident that some phrases are almost literally translated from Czech (I am Russian, and slavic grammatic structure is seen through some texts. At least i think so)
sethmage wrote: it's *still*
Sure thing, thank you for correction
Last edited by VataR on Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:08 am, edited 5 times in total.
VataR
Liked

Post by VataR »

laclongquan wrote:I do think it's determined that Alexa is the killer by bothPC and George. A woman known to have two bodies buried, and wrote the strange note. Alexa become the defacto leader of North Side, rising up from a henchmen, with Leonard turn reclusive. It's not a stretch of imagination to think the one suspect who benefit the most from event is the most likely culprit.
Thank you for response, i do fully agree with you. But in this case i would have wanted to see an option to say this conclusions directly to Julian
sethmage
Neutral

Post by sethmage »

VataR wrote:Are you from project team?
I wish, lol
I bet the developers look at these posts and will make decision if do any changes, but I have to tell you there is no way in hell that anyone can come up with solution to please everybody.
VataR wrote:But in this case i would have wanted to see an option to say this conclusions directly to Julian
There is an option to tell Julian your findings, he will even go with you to kill the whole gang.
VataR
Liked

Post by VataR »

sethmage wrote: There is an option to tell Julian your findings, he will even go with you to kill the whole gang.
Nope, this option is regarding Julian beeing hating Leonardo and trying to kill him if you get the supplies, isn't it?
BTW. Where to get the doctor bag? Only in next town?

upd.
Found the dialog, ok
Found the bag, ok
Last edited by VataR on Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
VataR
Liked

Post by VataR »

Issue #: 9
Issue type: Enviroment
Description: The workbench behind Alexa got RElocked every time after reentering the area, though it gives no experience opening it for a 2nd time
9. Workbench.JPG
9. Workbench.JPG (96.48 KiB) Viewed 14908 times
VataR
Liked

Post by VataR »

Issue #: 10
Issue type: Dialog
Quest: Get the protection money
Description: Using "Ugh, sorry, my bad." option skips the questline dialog tree (you can't start asking for protection money once again).

10. Bartender racket.JPG
10. Bartender racket.JPG (84.91 KiB) Viewed 14908 times
BTW. What are the requirement for either speech check or force/strenght check? Can't pass any of them
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Post by Daemon »

Issue 2: OK, it's worth to check and see if it can be tweaked.

Issue 3: These children in Rat Hole are not meant to talk. They just flee from you in terror when you tried to talk to them.

Issue 5: People in the church don't supposed to be moving around, that would look weird. Idle animations are controlled by the game automatically, all critters run them by random, the woman just didn't run them when you were looking. Since this kid isn't fleeing, I agree that it looks little bit strange, that he doesn't respond at all.

Issue 9: That's intended behavior. Alexa locks it again. And in general, repeated lockpicking of the same object doesn't yeald XP in order to prevent easy XP hording on it.

Other issues: We'll check it, thanks for the reports. Another errors in the text itself please report in this topic.
VataR
Liked

Post by VataR »

Daemon wrote:Other issues: We'll check it, thanks for the reports. Another errors in the text itself please report in this topic.
I would rather keep them under numeration here, but will pereodically repost "text issues" to appropriate thread. Ty
VataR
Liked

Post by VataR »

Issue #: 11
Issue type: Text
Character: Father Farley
Description: After revealing Alexa donating to church intentions to keep the locals drug addicted, Father doesn't want to accept this information

Though the phrase "the likes of" exists http://www.thefreedictionary.com/the+likes+of, it is used in another situations, when someone is trying to distinguish himself ,
frequently, intolerant from a group of people (like punks, alcoholics, etc.).
Moreover, i am not sure that is can be used in the way it is used here: " I have nothing to say to the likes of you!" . It seems that something like this would be more appropriate
"Go away! I don't want the likes of you here!" or "We don't want"
11. Father farley.JPG
11. Father farley.JPG (85.29 KiB) Viewed 14903 times
VataR
Liked

Post by VataR »

Issue #: 12
Issue type: CTD
Character: Alexa
Description: Some clicking around the dialog and alt-tabs to desktop resulted in CTD on picking "let's trade" dialog tree
12. CTD Alexa dialog.JPG
12. CTD Alexa dialog.JPG (26.03 KiB) Viewed 14900 times
VataR
Liked

Post by VataR »

Is killing dr Moore with poison (used sneak to apply poison and leave the map) suppose to trigger Julian's mercenaries to attack you on site the next time you are in South Side?
VataR
Liked

Post by VataR »

Issues #: 13
Issue type: Text
Character: Alexa
Description:

1. Wimp means boring, was it the correct word you wanted to be displayed in this dialog?
2. "because of one"
3. "And she was like that to everyone" seems rather rude -> "And she treated everyone that way" / "And she treated everyone the same"
13.1 Alexa dialog.JPG
13.1 Alexa dialog.JPG (85.32 KiB) Viewed 14899 times
13.2 Alexa dialog.JPG
13.2 Alexa dialog.JPG (82.02 KiB) Viewed 14899 times
13.3 Alexa dialog.JPG
13.3 Alexa dialog.JPG (77.72 KiB) Viewed 14899 times
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Post by Daemon »

VataR wrote:Is killing dr Moore with poison (used sneak to apply poison and leave the map) suppose to trigger Julian's mercenaries to attack you on site the next time you are in South Side?
Yes.

Issue 12:
We can't do anything about the game crashing when you use alt+tab. That's engine issue. Can you even repeat that with the same result? If this happen regularly even without you trying stress the old Fallout 2 engine, then it's worth to mention.

Issue 13:
1. Wimp doesn't mean boring. http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=wimp
3. I don't understand how your suggestions change anything. Besides Alexa's opinions about Maria sure aren't positive and she's supposed to talk about her in the worst way.
Baardhaas
Accepted

Post by Baardhaas »

Vatar wrote:1. Wimp means boring
No, it means 'weakling' 'wuss' 'softy', generally an insult implying someone is either physically or mentally weak (or both).
VataR wrote:3. "And she was like that to everyone" seems rather rude
I think crude is the word you're looking for. Not to diminish your meticulous effort, but It seems you're not a native speaker (just as me), and you're reporting a lot of false positives.
VataR
Liked

Post by VataR »

Daemon wrote:Issue 12:
We can't do anything about the game crashing when you use alt+tab. That's engine issue. Can you even repeat that with the same result? If this happen regularly even without you trying stress the old Fallout 2 engine, then it's worth to mention.
Seems that i annoy you, just hoped that code would help you. As far as i know most of CTD are random, and can barely be repeated.
Daemon wrote: Issue 13:
1. Wimp doesn't mean boring. http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=wimp
True, i am not a native speaker, and am checking several times before posting something. This time i am really wrong, i bring my apologise.
Daemon wrote: 3. I don't understand how your suggestions change anything. Besides Alexa's opinions about Maria sure aren't positive and she's supposed to talk about her in the worst way.
Baardhaas is right - crude.
I am playing rpg for decades, plus using english intensively at my workplace/reading a lot. That's why i report some phrases, i have never met before. They might be even correct, still no one uses them that way.
The meaning stays the same for p3, still the phrases i proposed a more closer to life speech.