Can't change game speed

What do you think about the game? Share your experiences. You can ask other players for advice about quests, or report bugs here as well. POSSIBLE SPOILERS!

Moderators: Ratman, Seto, Saruman, feťák8, valcik, NovaRain

salamisami
Accepted

Can't change game speed

Post by salamisami »

I remember there being a feature in sfall that you could change the game speed to up to 10 times faster than usual, right? I'm unable to change the game speed and while the option to change the combat speed is there, it doesn't seem to actually speed up anything at all. Honestly, the game seems to be sluggishly slow.

I'm only reporting this now since I've been compensating by using Cheat Engine to speed the game up to 2-5x normal speed and so didn't really mind.

Here's a screencap, shouldn't there be an adjuster for general speed or something like that, if i remember right?

E: Well, I was able to change the speed by editing ddraw.ini. Would be nice if I could change it in-game too, though.
agris
Accepted

Re: Can't change game speed

Post by agris »

You can, but not the way you think. It's a sfall feature. Hold down CTL + numpadX where X is the 0 to 9 keys to change the in-game speed. You can change what speed 0 to 9 correspond to in ddraw.ini. Look under the [speed] heading.
;The speeds corresponding to each slot in percent. (i.e. 100 is normal speed)
SpeedMulti0=100
SpeedMulti1=110
SpeedMulti2=125
SpeedMulti3=200
SpeedMulti4=400
SpeedMulti5=500
SpeedMulti6=1000
SpeedMulti7=100
SpeedMulti8=100
SpeedMulti9=100
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Post by Daemon »

I just hope speeding up the game doesn't create bugs like not starting some triggers or anything like that :|
agris
Accepted

Post by agris »

I bet it could on a slow CPU. I play at default in 110 speed, and only use the extreme speeds for long battles or running away from random encounters.
Ractaros96
Idolized

Post by Ractaros96 »

agris wrote:You can, but not the way you think. It's a sfall feature. Hold down CTL + numpadX where X is the 0 to 9 keys to change the in-game speed. You can change what speed 0 to 9 correspond to in ddraw.ini. Look under the [speed] heading.
;The speeds corresponding to each slot in percent. (i.e. 100 is normal speed)
SpeedMulti0=100
SpeedMulti1=110
SpeedMulti2=125
SpeedMulti3=200
SpeedMulti4=400
SpeedMulti5=500
SpeedMulti6=1000
SpeedMulti7=100
SpeedMulti8=100
SpeedMulti9=100
I noticed it, but I thought it is only speed on world map. Nice feature, could save me a few hours on gameplay.