Purging Vault 16

What do you think about the game? Share your experiences. You can ask other players for advice about quests, or report bugs here as well. POSSIBLE SPOILERS!

Moderators: Ratman, Seto, Saruman, feťák8, valcik, NovaRain

nProzac
Neutral

Purging Vault 16

Post by nProzac »

I'm stuck at the quest to eliminate Mutant Hunters from thr third floor of Vault 16. I didn't listen carefully to the guy giving it, and pip-boy hint is very vague. I sounded alarm to get evryone out of the floor, killed aliens for some xp and exterminated all Hunters in the next level. Imperial soldiers follow me to the cave entrance. Am I supposed to fight with all Hunters on the ground floor aswell?
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Re: Purging Vault 16

Post by Daemon »

You're supposed to get rid of only Mutant Hunters on third floor of Vault 16 and of the aliens if you let them free from the cells. Then place some explosives in the tunnel in order to let it cave in so Hunters couldn't get back.

If you have fought Hunters inside their base, then you made yourself their enemy, all Hunters'll be hostile towards you now.
nProzac
Neutral

Post by nProzac »

Wise man uses many save slots.
LifeTears
Liked

Post by LifeTears »

how do you get this quest? is this given if you side with Aran?
LifeTears
Liked

Post by LifeTears »

Nevermind
Ja1337
Accepted

Post by Ja1337 »

Is it possible to explore second floor of the Vault 16 ?
LifeTears
Liked

Post by LifeTears »

Once you side with aran and dont join mutant hunters, he will give you quest for all floors vault access.
mf847t284
Neutral

Post by mf847t284 »

On floor 3 I try to plant the explosive in the tunnel so that the Hunters cannot come back into the third floor of Vault 16 (after I sounded the alarm so they would evacuate the third floor).

However when it detonates there is no cave-in and it does nothing.

If I enter the green section of the tunnel to go further in, hunters see me and shoot me instantly.

So where exactly must I plant the explosive, so that upon its explosion the cave-in is triggered?
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Post by Daemon »

You need to plant it in Vault map, don't go to the Hunter's base map. Activate an explosive and drop it on the ground near the column in small niche. Be careful that you don't stand in the tunnel nor your companions when it explodes.
If it still doesn't work, then please upload your save and I'll investigate it. Save files are in Fallout 2\Resurrection\resdata\SAVEGAME folder and each folder there is one save slot.
bsox52
Neutral

Possible Spoilers***Tunnel Demo with Plastic

Post by bsox52 »

Possible Spoilers****

I can't for the life of me figure out where I am supposed to place the plastic explosive to blow the tunnel between the third level of the vault and the Mutant Hunters' place. Can someone help me please? I've already killed all the baddies : )
Waltuo
Accepted

Re: Possible Spoilers***Tunnel Demo with Plastic

Post by Waltuo »

Just place it (as in drop it on on ground) anywhere in the tunel they dug to get into the vault.
bsox52
Neutral

Post by bsox52 »

I've tried that multiple time both on the vault side and the Hunters' side to no avail. Just to be clear, we are tasked to set 1 plastic explosive in the tunnel, detonate it, and the tunnel is supposed to collapse? If that's the case it is either bugged for me or I have dude plastics.
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Post by Daemon »

You need to plant it in Vault map, don't go to the Hunter's base map. Activate an explosive and drop it on the ground near the column in small niche. Be careful that you don't stand in the tunnel nor your companions when it explodes.
If it still doesn't work, then please upload your save and I'll investigate it. Save files are in Fallout 2\Resurrection\resdata\SAVEGAME folder and each folder there is one save slot.
GarettZriwin
Accepted

Post by GarettZriwin »

Place it near entrance, just below northern corner.

TNT will do just fine too, you can save a bit of loot, but at this point you have 1/2 power armors and loot stacked somewhere... So its mostly for RPG Jews like me.
bsox52
Neutral

Post by bsox52 »

That worked perfectly thank you! And I can relate on the hoarding part...50k caps saved at that point...nowhere to spend em though since I decided to play a goodie two shoes (750 karma) and whipe out the slaver organ harvester losers :D