How to edit save game?

What do you think about the game? Share your experiences. You can ask other players for advice about quests, or report bugs here as well. POSSIBLE SPOILERS!

Moderators: Ratman, Seto, Saruman, feťák8, valcik, NovaRain

riv2q
Neutral

How to edit save game?

Post by riv2q »

Hi i do one quest for hunter's at the gate and then push farward in the game with imperial, i try to edit the save game file to modify that i dont do that quest any advice?
I try converting save file to hex but output its not something i can understand.
Is there any dev tools to see the code of the game or editor for save game (how to open it)?
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Re: How to edit save game?

Post by Daemon »

Hi, I don't understand that reason why you want to edit your save. If you don't want to do a quest, than just don't do it.
Anyway, about editing saves see this - viewtopic.php?f=12&t=677 - but be aware that by editing saves, you can create bugs, especially if you modify variables.
riv2q
Neutral

Post by riv2q »

Aran's says that i was try to join hunters and cant do quests for him any more, thats why i try to trick the game.
thx for quick response!.
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Post by Daemon »

riv2q wrote:Aran's says that i was try to join hunters and cant do quests for him any more, thats why i try to trick the game.
This is exactly the way you'll bug the game. And if Aran has already refused you, he won't care anymore.

I have moved the topic to the right section of the forum.
riv2q
Neutral

Post by riv2q »

I have save right before he calls on pip boy
riv2q
Neutral

Post by riv2q »

Ok so that works very well, thx for help