how to help the empire?

What do you think about the game? Share your experiences. You can ask other players for advice about quests, or report bugs here as well. POSSIBLE SPOILERS!

Moderators: Ratman, Seto, Saruman, feťák8, valcik, NovaRain

agris
Accepted

how to help the empire?

Post by agris »

I'm playing a good-guy talker and took the Anonym quest from the dwarf just as a way to keep my options open, expecting to double-cross him at some point. Well, it seems that now I can't work for the Empire. Is there any way to get pro-empire quests, including the pursuit of Anonym, after having accepted the dwarf's request to lure soldiers to the abandoned building in the dead quarter? Note that I haven't done that yet, or even talked the emperor about it, yet still I'm unable to get any Empire quests.

Maybe the anti-Anonym quest line is started from an NPC I haven't spoken to yet? I'm at a loss.

edit: I also am unable to get any anti-mutant hunter quests out of the empire. Is it because I started giving the hunters talismans to let me into their building? I hope you guys didn't gate content like that. I would understand not getting quests once the player becomes a mutant-hunter, or is a known terrorist for anonym, but blocking us from starting quests using info that the NPCs would have no clue about isn't Fallout. Playing all sides is.
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Re: how to help the empire?

Post by Daemon »

You can't take anti-Anonym questline anymore. Benicio (that dwarf) strongly warned you about that before you have accepted.

What exactly do you mean by anti-Mutant Hunters quests from the empire? There's a questline involving Mutant Hunters from the empire, after you deal with Anonym or help Anonym to the throne. You'll get that questline if you won't finish any quests regarding of joining the Hunters (again, there's a warning). Giving those talismans to Hunter at the entrance isn't a problem. Gaining entrance into the upper floor of Mutant Hunters base doesn't gate you from anything.
carpediem
Accepted

Post by carpediem »

to work for the empire, talk to lieutenant terrak at wild paradise, then talk to eliza to start the quest chain

do not accept the quest from the dwarf at wild paradise
agris
Accepted

Post by agris »

I strongly disagree with FO 1.5's design team. I think we should be able to accept the quest from the dwarf and still take pro-empire quests. It's completely artificial to block off that series of quests when the PC hasn't done anything anti-empire yet.
valcik
Betatester

Post by valcik »

I think it makes some sense actually, considering whom the midget is working for.
agris
Accepted

Post by agris »

valcik wrote:I think it makes some sense actually, considering whom the midget is working for.
How would the empire know who you're taking to on the 2nd floor of wild paradise though? I don't think it makes sense, and is out of context in the Fallout 1/2 games where you can play sides off of one another.
valcik
Betatester

Post by valcik »

Yep, that's not explained directly in-game. As we find out later, Benicio is not working alone, so I'm guessing he send one of his party members as a fast messenger to the city. Or he just pulled out 2043B radio and contacted his employer about the arrangement in the moment you've left his room.
laclongquan
Accepted

Post by laclongquan »

agris wrote:
valcik wrote:I think it makes some sense actually, considering whom the midget is working for.
How would the empire know who you're taking to on the 2nd floor of wild paradise though? I don't think it makes sense, and is out of context in the Fallout 1/2 games where you can play sides off of one another.
That is really funny considering the place is favourite watering hole of Empire soldier, and one counterintelligence officer drinking in the bar below.

I mean, if Empire doesnt have an electronic and/or biological method for surveillance set in that place it would very surprise me.