Sedit - Quest Steal Sheriff gold nuggets

What do you think about the game? Share your experiences. You can ask other players for advice about quests, or report bugs here as well. POSSIBLE SPOILERS!

Moderators: Ratman, Seto, Saruman, feťák8, valcik, NovaRain

Tomas7
Accepted

Sedit - Quest Steal Sheriff gold nuggets

Post by Tomas7 »

May I ask for little help how can steal gold nuggets without a bribe?
I know about a rope. I am inside. Lady from the kitchen don't want to help me, and no clue what to do next.
Sneak doesn't work for me.
If it is possible, what are the skill levels ( speech, charisma ) required to urge lady from the kitchen to make some noise for 50 caps?
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Re: Sedit - Quest Steal Sheriff gold nuggets

Post by Daemon »

If she refused, you need more speech. I don't want to spoil exact number.
Tomas7
Accepted

Post by Tomas7 »

Sure, thx for fast answer.
so it seems with my 38% speech and INT +9 it is not enough
-2000 caps :P
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Post by Daemon »

Great INT, but with that low speech, you can hardly to expect persuade anyone :-)
Sandro136
Neutral

Post by Sandro136 »

Daemon wrote:If she refused, you need more speech. I don't want to spoil exact number.
Is there any other way to finish this quest? Apart from causing a bloodbath of course ;) My character is on a relatively low level and I'm not focusing on speech skills, but I want to move on with the story.
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Post by Daemon »

Sandro136 wrote:
Daemon wrote:If she refused, you need more speech. I don't want to spoil exact number.
Is there any other way to finish this quest? Apart from causing a bloodbath of course ;) My character is on a relatively low level and I'm not focusing on speech skills, but I want to move on with the story.
As mentioned above, you need sneak and lockpick skills or let Jeffrey (guard at the gate to the villa) do it for you, you only need caps for that. A bloodbath isn't a solution, Mimi wouldn't like that.
fluoride89
Neutral

Re: [Solved] Problem - Sedit - Slip the hip flask with poiso

Post by fluoride89 »

anyone know why rope is gone? At my first attempt my lockpick skill seemed not enough, so i escaped, whan i came back rope is desappear. Is ianother way to get into the villa?
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Post by Daemon »

fluoride89 wrote:anyone know why rope is gone? At my first attempt my lockpick skill seemed not enough, so i escaped, whan i came back rope is desappear. Is ianother way to get into the villa?
Depends on what you want in the villa. You need to get gold nuggets? Rope is there every night from 10PM to 4AM in the morning, but only until you steal the nuggets. Jeffrey got pay from Mimi to hang the rope there in order to someone could steal the nuggets, so he doesn't have reason to continue to do it after that.
fluoride89
Neutral

Post by fluoride89 »

Daemon wrote:
fluoride89 wrote:anyone know why rope is gone? At my first attempt my lockpick skill seemed not enough, so i escaped, whan i came back rope is desappear. Is ianother way to get into the villa?
Depends on what you want in the villa. You need to get gold nuggets? Rope is there every night from 10PM to 4AM in the morning, but only until you steal the nuggets. Jeffrey got pay from Mimi to hang the rope there in order to someone could steal the nuggets, so he doesn't have reason to continue to do it after that.
that's worked, thanks mate!
Surmansuu
Neutral

Post by Surmansuu »

Tomas7 wrote: I know about a rope. I am inside.
How did you get inside? By using rope? But how?
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Post by Daemon »

Surmansuu wrote:How did you get inside? By using rope? But how?
If you're supposed to steal the nuggets, then there's a rope over the southern wall every night from 10PM to 4AM in the morning. Jeffrey can tell you that, he's the one who is putting it there. Jeffrey is one of the policemen guarding the entrance to the villa.
Rubytooth
Neutral

Post by Rubytooth »

Just after this quest I have a bug with savegames.
On the sheriff area and abroad I cannot make a save.
Please advise how can I manage with this bug?
Imageimage share
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Post by Daemon »

What about if you try to save to empty slot? Do you get the error as well?
After which action exactly this happens? After you take gold nuggets from the safe?

Can you please upload your last save so I can look into it? Save files are in Fallout 2\Resurrection\data\SAVEGAME folder and each folder there is one save slot.
Rubytooth
Neutral

Post by Rubytooth »

No matter I get the nuggets or not - I have a problem with savegames. Just try my one last working savegame.
Link to download https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Post by Daemon »

So you don't know when it started? What have you done since the last time save worked until it didn't?

I don't think save you have uploaded is your last working one, since it's save from the cave at the beginning of the game. And it also seems to be from version 1.4. Do you know there's already out version 1.5?