[SPOILERS] Vex Interaction

What do you think about the game? Share your experiences. You can ask other players for advice about quests, or report bugs here as well. POSSIBLE SPOILERS!

Moderators: Ratman, Seto, Saruman, feťák8, valcik, NovaRain

sethmage
Neutral

Little spoiler/help needed.

Post by sethmage »

First let me congratulate you on very good mod, blows socks off easily.

Now a little help, I have 2 quick questions

1. At the moment level 16 and speech 108 tagged, I'm guessing you probably can get Savior convinced to give you a pass to upper(lower) 6th level. I could grind to level 17 and put all my skill points in speech (INT9), my question is: will it be enough?

2. I might messed up Vex (pronunciation?) quest when he ask to kill the wife, is there somebody I could warn? Or/and is there somebody who wants Vex dead?

Also out of curiosity what is the highest skill check in the game, I had picking locks failure with 120 and science 130 failed me once.
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Re: Little spoiler/help needed.

Post by Daemon »

Thanks!

Ad 1) You need to convince the guard on blue 6 to let you in, not the Savior.

Ad 2) William, the same guy you're supposed to rid of a wife, wants Vex [vex] dead. Just ask him for job or ask Alvarez (a trader), if he knows about any jobs and he'll tell you.

Highest skill check is 130. But in the case of lockpicking, the same way as in original Fallout 2, success is based on random change with higher changes with higher skill.
Do you remember where science 130 failed you? It's possible it was something that wasn't ever meant to be succesful.
ddguy71
Accepted

Post by ddguy71 »

Daemon wrote:Thanks!

Ad 1) You need to convince the guard on blue 6 to let you in, not the Savior.

Ad 2) William, the same guy you're supposed to rid of a wife, wants Vex [vex] dead. Just ask him for job or ask Alvarez (a trader), if he knows about any jobs and he'll tell you.

Highest skill check is 130. But in the case of lockpicking, the same way as in original Fallout 2, success is based on random change with higher changes with higher skill.
Do you remember where science 130 failed you? It's possible it was something that wasn't ever meant to be succesful.
William doesn't have any dialogue option to inform him about Vex.
Where is Alvarez?
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Post by Daemon »

Oh, actually you have to be told by Alvarez that William can offer you job, then you can ask William.
Alvarez is the trader in The Suburbs.
sethmage
Neutral

Post by sethmage »

Daemon wrote: Do you remember where science 130 failed you? It's possible it was something that wasn't ever meant to be succesful.
In the ghoul base, the main terminal on the first floor. When asked if i want extra weapon provision I fail the check, however I cannot swear it now if I had 130 at that precised moment, since I reloaded and l might later added some skill points.

The other fail was already address at the PROGEMA topic.
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Post by Daemon »

sethmage wrote:
Daemon wrote: Do you remember where science 130 failed you? It's possible it was something that wasn't ever meant to be succesful.
In the ghoul base, the main terminal on the first floor. When asked if i want extra weapon provision I fail the check, however I cannot swear it now if I had 130 at that precised moment, since I reloaded and l might later added some skill points.
Just to be sure, I have checked the script of this computer and there's no check over 130.
p129301204
Neutral

[SPOILERS] Vex Interaction

Post by p129301204 »

I've just started a new playthrough with a female special 10 char. now i'm in Albuquerque and William gave me the quest to kill Vex. In my last run i chose the "seduce" option but this doesn't work now? i tried changing special stats and speech skill but to no avail. are there other prerequisites for this? finished quests (which i have none) or reputation a factor?

savegame here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/uqbhdj0v9srad ... 5.zip?dl=0
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Re: [SPOILERS] Vex Interaction

Post by Daemon »

Answer is sex appeal :-)
p129301204
Neutral

Re: [SPOILERS] Vex Interaction

Post by p129301204 »

thanks it worked :)