[SPOILER] Game Mechanism and Content Questions

What do you think about the game? Share your experiences. You can ask other players for advice about quests, or report bugs here as well. POSSIBLE SPOILERS!

Moderators: Ratman, Seto, Saruman, feťák8, valcik, NovaRain

jikyusi
Neutral

[SPOILER] Game Mechanism and Content Questions

Post by jikyusi »

Hi, I just finished FO2 and right now i'm 2 hours into resurrection and i need some answer to the questions to satisfy my curiosity:
1. Does this mod have more quest & sidequest than FO2 ?
2. Is there any repeatable sidequest or timed sidequest ?
3. Is there a lots of new weapons/armor than FO2 ?
4. Do i have 13 years time limit here before game over ? If yes can i modify something to make it longer ?
5. What is the strongest power armor in the game ? How to find it ?

Please feel free to answer even if it contain spoiler.
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Re: [SPOILER] Game Mechanism and Content Questions

Post by Daemon »

Hi.

1) I have never done actual comparison of number of quests, but I would say there's less of them in Resurrection than in Fallout 2. Resurrection is shorter for sure and lot of quests are mutually exclusive.
2) There're two quests with time limit, if I remember correctly. In those cases, NPCs will warn you about it. I don't think any quest could be classified as repeatable. Maybe hunting geckos or donor collecting, but it's practically one quest with an ending.
3) There're several new weapons and one new armor type. On the other hand, some of the weapons and armors from Fallout 2 aren't in Resurrection.
4) You have 10 years time limit. It can't be changed. Don't worry about it, it's plenty of time.
5) Classic T-51b power armor. See this thread about how to get one.
jikyusi
Neutral

Post by jikyusi »

Daemon wrote:Hi.

1) I have never done actual comparison of number of quests, but I would say there's less of them in Resurrection than in Fallout 2. Resurrection is shorter for sure and lot of quests are mutually exclusive.
2) There're two quests with time limit, if I remember correctly. In those cases, NPCs will warn you about it. I don't think any quest could be classified as repeatable. Maybe hunting geckos or donor collecting, but it's practically one quest with an ending.
3) There're several new weapons and one new armor type. On the other hand, some of the weapons and armors from Fallout 2 aren't in Resurrection.
4) You have 10 years time limit. It can't be changed. Don't worry about it, it's plenty of time.
5) Classic T-51b power armor. See this thread about how to get one.
Thanks Daemon. I still have more questions if you don't mind.
4. Does this mean it's useless to change time limit in ddraw.ini ? I installed killap RP along with resurrection.
5. Does X-01 Power Armor a.k.a Advanced Power Armor is no longer the strongest ? Is it even exist on the game ?

..and a new one.
6. I saw on news page patch 1.5 is coming and the poster said there are many changes. Does this mean there are new content or quests coming along ?
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Post by Daemon »

4) Resurrection has its own ddraw.ini in its own directory so changes in RP's ddraw.ini won't affect Resurrection. You have to edit ddraw.ini in Resurrection directory, but in won't help you with time limit. We have it hardcoded in our exe, because many years back when we set time limit, Sfall didn't have this function yet. In version 1.5 will be possible to change time limit through ddraw.ini
5) I'm not sure if X-01 Power Armor from Fallout 4 is the same as Advanced Power Armor. I didn't play Fallout 4 and wiki only mentions that "bears resemblance". Anyway, Advanced Power Armor is Enclave's armor and since Enclave doesn't appear in Resurrection, neither their armor.
6) As mentioned in our news, patch 1.5 will bring fixes and small improvements. So no new content.
jikyusi
Neutral

Post by jikyusi »

Daemon wrote:4) Resurrection has its own ddraw.ini in its own directory so changes in RP's ddraw.ini won't affect Resurrection. You have to edit ddraw.ini in Resurrection directory, but in won't help you with time limit. We have it hardcoded in our exe, because many years back when we set time limit, Sfall didn't have this function yet. In version 1.5 will be possible to change time limit through ddraw.ini
5) I'm not sure if X-01 Power Armor from Fallout 4 is the same as Advanced Power Armor. I didn't play Fallout 4 and wiki only mentions that "bears resemblance". Anyway, Advanced Power Armor is Enclave's armor and since Enclave doesn't appear in Resurrection, neither their armor.
6) As mentioned in our news, patch 1.5 will bring fixes and small improvements. So no new content.
Thanks for the answers, daemon. Waiting forward for patch 1.5. :D