[CRITICAL BUG] Memory leak entering Suburbs in Albuquerque

What do you think about the game? Share your experiences. You can ask other players for advice about quests, or report bugs here as well. POSSIBLE SPOILERS!

Moderators: Ratman, Seto, Saruman, feťák8, valcik, NovaRain

NovaRain
Liked

Re: [CRITICAL BUG] Memory leak entering Suburbs in Albuquerq

Post by NovaRain »

Muttie wrote:Actually. I'm not fine.
And I'm done with being polite ala “I don't want to write a wall of text either.”

You already gave me a passive-aggressive “not welcome” comment on NMA, which I've swallowed with a bit of bitten back sarcasm. And in fact I've refrained for the most part from posting on NMA since (if I can help it).
Also this dismissive tone is very unusual compared to your other comments, which are normally more considerate and friendly.
If you really have a problem with me, than either refrain from replying, or do it with common courtesy. But I don't need any condescending remarks dropped in passing by.
No, I don't have any problem with you.
Sometimes I reply posts during my work, so I only glance posts and make a short reply, like your post above which mentions memory addresses for crashes. I didn't have time to test your saves but I got a database of game dump.
I apologize for my posts here or on NMA making you feel I discourage you. That is never my intention, sorry.
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Post by Daemon »

Muttie: Thanks for the report. I'll try look into it.

NovaRain: Thanks for the explanation of those memory addresses. Is there somewhere available list of all known memory adresses and what they mean? That could be useful when dealing with errors.
NovaRain
Liked

Post by NovaRain »

Daemon wrote:Muttie: Thanks for the report. I'll try look into it.
NovaRain: Thanks for the explanation of those memory addresses. Is there somewhere available list of all known memory adresses and what they mean? That could be useful when dealing with errors.
Here are IDA Pro database files for both Fallout 1 and 2 (the comment is in Russian). You need IDA Pro 6.8 or newer to open them.
Muttie
Idolized

Post by Muttie »

NovaRain wrote:No, I don't have any problem with you.
Sometimes I reply posts during my work, so I only glance posts and make a short reply, like your post above which mentions memory addresses for crashes. I didn't have time to test your saves but I got a database of game dump.
I apologize for my posts here or on NMA making you feel I discourage you. That is never my intention, sorry.
It's OK.

This was in my part my fault, and a consequence of several unfortunate circumstances.

I should have known better than to post in an emotional state.

I apologize if this caused any undue stress on your side.

(EDIT: I've deleted the rest on principle of privacy.)
Muttie
Idolized

Post by Muttie »

While testing the necklace quest I had another AQ crash: http://www.filedropper.com/slot279aqcarsh. But I doubt it can be reproduced (actually it can, see below). I travelled to AQ, entered the place, had the “Talisman dialogue”, then asked Gabriel about Vex, and then I tried to save and the game crashed: Instruction 00489467 at referenced memory 00000004. And when I tried to reload (I could see in the preview window that it was AQ) it said “Error unable to load” and returned to main menu. However, I tried to repeat the same actions but no crash that time.
I repeated it from the save above. I just travelled to AQ. Entered the place. Selected 1,2,3,2 with Dutch. Tried to save and the game crashed (same message as above). May be consistent. Perhaps the problem lies in the dialogue selection with Dutch (like not asking “Where is your base” and the trigger (or other flags) it (the dialogue) sets for the guard at the Mutant Hunter base)? So far talking to Dutch (i.e. the first entrance) seems to be the one constant in all these AQ crashes I've discovered. I don't know what other factor it could be?